It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happens When You Die? Evidence Suggests Time Simply Reboots

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I think this is similar to the Time Wave theory in that we relive a life with similar occurrences of events. It is a pattern that repeats and repeats and repeats.

It also reminds me of the Enya song "Anywhere is" which seems to talk about the never ending maze of moments.

Anywhere Is - Enya

I walk the maze of moments
But everywhere I turn to
Begins a new beginning
But never finds a finish
I walk to the horizon
And there I find another
It all seems so surprising
And then I find that I know

Chorus:
You go there you're gone forever
I go there I'll lose my way
If we stay here we're not together
Anywhere is

The moon upon the ocean
Is swept around in motion
But without ever knowing
The reason for it's flowing
In motion on the ocean
The moon still keeps on moving
The waves still keep on waving
And I still keep on going

Chorus

I wonder if the stars sign
The life that is to be mine
And would they let their light shine
Enough for me to follow
I look up to the heavens
But night has clouded over
No spark of constellation
No Vela no Orion

The shells upon the warm sands
Have taken from their own lands
The echo of their story
But all I hear are low sounds
As pillow words are weaving
And willow waves are leaving
But should I be believing
That I am only dreaming

Chorus

To leave the thread of all time
And let it make a dark line
In hopes that I can still find
The way back to the moment
I took the turn and turned to
Begin a new beginning
Still looking for the answer
I cannot find the finish
It's either this or that way
It's one way or the other
It should be one direction
It could be on reflection
The turn I have just taken
The turn that I was making
I might be just beginning
I might be near the end.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by DJM8507]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by pegasus_2087
I read a theory a while ago somewhere..

Maybe in the last moment before we die, in the last second we go into a dream state and in that dream we find our meaning of 'heaven' (everyone has an idea of what heaven is) and as the dream (heaven) takes over, with this our perception of time will cease too.

Yes this is one of the most commonly held beliefs but it is slightly off. Heaven does take over but it is nothing like you can conceptualize totally from this reality.

The missing piece in this puzzle that even the most intelligent people ignore is that

Duality and Trinity complex cease to exist, things just are, all is a playground.

Time does not reboot, time is an illusion. Time exists to create experience in passing thus memory. Which makes memory itself an illusion. Look at compression techniques to gain a better understanding of what im talking about. It is only the trigger that is necessary. The trigger is the ever present now everything else is de ja vu so to speak.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by ISHAMAGI]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jessieg

if you believe we live in a world of multi universes, you would be able to change some things, and therefore, change the whole universe, so it could be different

who knows ....

I just thought this thread is just pointless ... to say time reboots doesnt make sense and doesnt explain anything ... it could mean 1000000000 things ... so, make it more clear or just dont say it ...

my opinion about the whole life thing, is that we probably live in a virtual world, nothing exists, but what exists beyond that I dont have a clue

reply to post by Hermes8

well, you couldnt said it in a more beautiful way

but in the end, everything you said it is just beautiful, it doesnt really mean anything

care to explain?

you believe we live in a loop? if our brain died, this loop would need to be made by what? something external to this world, so, if we are in some kind of loop, someone is doing it, maybe we are in a prison, I thought about it and, if you have high IQ you will notice that this world is totality #ed up, there is no way to save or to change everything, it looks like all bad things in the universe are stuck in the same place

but as I said, we can go here for days, months, discussing, we will never discover whats beyond this world ... lets hope it is a video game

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Faiol]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
If we are given the exact same circumstances there is always a possibility of some kind of glitch which could cause us in some cases to remember and act differently.

It gives some sort of possibility of, in a way, being able to go back and do things differently.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
REBOOT HOW?! If I was to relive the same life over and over I WOULD KILL myself.... but then that wouldnt solve anything would it? Because I would just come back to live the same life over and over again...Damn that sounds like HELL to me... No... I dont want to believe this, I lost a child to a birth deffect when she was 6 months old a year before that my father passed away and his FUNERAL WAS on my prom night... I lived a rough life after my parents divorced and my mom ran with some pretty tough people, I saw alot of things no child should ever have to see.... I WOULD LITERALLY GO INSAINE AND THE THOUGHT THAT WE JUST RELIVE our lives... is truely pathetic, and very sad if thats the case.... I would rather believe that there is a bigger picture then just replaying the same movie over and over...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Evidence? Their will probably never be any evidence. What happens when we die will always be a mystery and I dont think we should be trying to figure it out. Its one of those things that are meant to be unknown. And would we really like the answer if we knew? Maybe not.

I understand theres NDE's and everything and that may give a little clue, but there will never be any good evidence we can base a conclusion on.

And I dont understand what "reboots itself" means. Are they say reincarnation is a possibilty?

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Jess_Undefined]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I used to think a lot about what happens after we die, the meaning of life, etc. etc.

I don't know what happens and I don't think anyone REALLY knows what happens. Maybe we have conciousness after death, maybe not.

Now, I choose to embrace the mystery!

[edit on 10-6-2010 by doped00]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Well no one knows for sure what happens when you die. I guess I will know by this time next year but am really not overly worried about it. I forget which religion that is based on this but want to think it was the Buddhist, but am to lazy to look it up right now. Karma of what goes around comes around and you pay in your next life for actions in this one. If you can find it read the old Riverworld book series as it was pretty much based on this. Just everyone had a chance to correct mistakes they made.
I know the very religions will probably blast me for this but I have always believed in reincarnation over heaven and hell ( even now I can not bring myself to start believing in organized religion) . I still have a memory that is very strong of being a young kid ( must have been around 5 to 7) and I was playing around under a large tree with the big three leaves all over the place turning different colors. I remember asking my mother ( must have been) or at least a blond woman sitting under one of the trees when was daddy coming? Her reply was he would be out of class very soon. All in all not anything strange about it you would think. Except. I was born and raised in Florida, my mother had dark hair and a thick British accent and my father never went to school past the 6th grade. So why would someone have such a memory? And this was way before I began reading so I can not seeing getting it from a book.
It did make me read The Search for Bridey Murphy when it came out and always wondered how much of it was true and how much was false.
Sooner or later we will all know the answer...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I don't know if any of you have read Conversations With God, but apparently God says that the experiences that happen in our life are almost guided to based on the desires of the soul, which is ultimately God. So in fact, we are all a small part of God that wants to experience physicality so that God can understand something physically rather than spiritually. For instance, you can teach someone to play baseball, but if you've never played yourself then its a whole different experience. So when some people say, "Well my life sucked, I'd hate to relive this.." I understand what you're saying and in some sense I agree with you, but on the flip side, maybe your soul needed/wanted to experience those moments? A lot of horrible things that happens in our lives is a culmination of collective thought processes that, for lack of a better word, run a muck. Especially if the state of the world is in a panic, a lot of horrible things will start to happen. Time Wave Zero is a perfect example of this.

Back to what your soul needs/wants to experience, according to Conversations With God and spiritual teachings I've read in various books, when you experience something, and then you die, your soul basically goes back to the 'source' or God. That is heaven. That is unity. I think it is safe to say that Hell doesn't really exist except in our own minds. Something that we try to give duality to in order to give 'structure' of some sorts to religion or whatever you want. To be honest, it doesn't really matter what happens in your life time. If you want to kill yourself, according to Conversations With God, then kill yourself. You will simply go back to the 'source' and your soul will probably be like, 'hmm, not what was intended... Oh well! We have an infinite more times to get this right! Because we want/need/should (to) experience X'.

And if that's not how it works, then well no big deal. As long as you're happy in your life, and try to make others happy, then there really is nothing to worry about. Physical life is pretty short, I doubt that what the author of that article meant was we relive the same life because that'd be pointless. What I believe he may have meant was that we re-live physicality. Something that is more perceivable than reliving the same life over and over again. I think that would not serve any purpose and gives 'beating a dead horse' a whole new meaning.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Black Ops
I don't know if any of you have read Conversations With God, ...

Haven't read the book, but even better imo, I have had MANY conversations with Him (God) and He speaks to my heart... Also, U read His Holy Bible: His Word is a "lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path" . He will teach, lead, guide , etc , through His Word especially.

... Hell doesn't really exist except in our own minds...

You are entitled to your own beliefs, of course, but are you really seeking to know the True God? Have you read ANY of the Holy Scriptures/ God's Word?

...And if that's not how it works, then well no big deal. ...

Eternal life IS a big deal... hopefully everyone will come to the knowledge of this TRUTH. The Bible says in John 14:6, that "Jesus is the way, the truth and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" . Jesus, btw, is the LIVING Word. I pray you seek to know HIM.
Just trying to help...
Take caution as to your choices in life. Please don't reject His wonderful gift of eternal life...It's free btw... Just look to Him and you'll live.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerLou

Originally posted by Black Ops
I don't know if any of you have read Conversations With God, ...

Haven't read the book, but even better imo, I have had MANY conversations with Him (God) and He speaks to my heart... Also, U read His Holy Bible: His Word is a "lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path" . He will teach, lead, guide , etc , through His Word especially.

... Hell doesn't really exist except in our own minds...

You are entitled to your own beliefs, of course, but are you really seeking to know the True God? Have you read ANY of the Holy Scriptures/ God's Word?

...And if that's not how it works, then well no big deal. ...

Eternal life IS a big deal... hopefully everyone will come to the knowledge of this TRUTH. The Bible says in John 14:6, that "Jesus is the way, the truth and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" . Jesus, btw, is the LIVING Word. I pray you seek to know HIM.
Just trying to help...
Take caution as to your choices in life. Please don't reject His wonderful gift of eternal life...It's free btw... Just look to Him and you'll live.

Do you really talk to God? I can physically feel the blood of the lamb, but I cannot hear a thing. How can I talk to God too?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

If you would reread my post, I stated that He speaks to my heart. He speaks to my spirit through His Spirit/Word. Meaning, I don't hear an audible voice.

Conversation: www.merriam-webster.com...
2 a (1) : oral exchange of sentiments, observations, opinions, or ideas (2) : an instance of such exchange : talk b : an informal discussion of an issue by representatives of governments, institutions, or groups c : an exchange similar to conversation.

Please U2u me, if you are serious about praying. Umm... open mouth and just talk to God... it's simple! Wouldn't want to derail this thread, so please feel free to U2u me: I'm available!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
the same as wot happens when we sleep, we enter a dream like existence cause nothing doesnt exist

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessieg
So you think we keep living the same life over and over and over?

Sure, sounds great if you have a great life and all, but some people really wouldn't want to relive anything. I don't think there is much of anything in my life I'd really want to have to relive.

No....we re-live A life over....Since all possibilities can occur, we will live one of our infinite personal life experiences........

That is why when we die/ are reborn we don't remember what our past lives were or the information from them. we must re-learn.

Except, we have an infinite soul/conscience which is what we are when we are not in a "Life" and what we really are. We have goals and things we need to better ourselves with and things to learn so as to become more knowledgeable and to become one with the greatin infinte conscience which we are already a part of.

So the things and circumstances and events and probabilites that occur, are meant to test us. If we already knew that making fun of other people way bigger than us was a bad idea we would never do it.....we get to learn the hard way, as so to really understand WHY we do or don't do certain things.

The perfect balance.....

Think of it as a random character generator , with full back story and everything.

That is why there is no past present and future.

I may be experiencing my 500th life at the same "time" you are experiencing your 12th life.........so we would be at different points in our evolution, but we would be sharing a similar life experience in that we share a home planet and other smaller things but it would be unique to each individual soul.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I don't like the idea of this or the idea of reincarnation. Whats the point of living out an entire life just to have it start again when you die. To me its just as bad as there being no afterlife at all.

I like to think of this "mortal reality" as being a learning/growing stage before the eternal.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Personally I do have feelings that I've seen this and that before. Like when I went to Las Vegas on my 21st birthday for the first time. I felt I've been there before I didn't feel excited. All I felt that it was just gonna be a normal day like living at home. Living over and over is almost as if it were hell. But can one realize their own past reality and make a different step or turn? So how can we progress through life, if we keep living the same over and over for all eternity? Maybe to be able to learn from all of our mistakes that we make? Who knows? It's a interesting concept, but maybe in my next life I could make some changes. I loved the way I was back then when I was 15 years old!
Very built and strong, but I was too hard on myself. Maybe I could change the way I worked out.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
What about all the people in the world who claimed to have had an NDE? What happens to them? I'm talking about the people who really die, flatline, for more than just a moment. Or those who were comatosed for years on end? Where would they fit into this hypothesis?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Well interesting post despite the misleading title haha I have pondered over this and had the idea of the consciousness simply transcending plane after plane infinitely i dont know tho haha i didn't think it through just a hypothesis, but i think we all return to the source eventually
and to the people who say knowledge of repetitive life would lead to our suicide perhaps thats why we don't know and why we keep playing this virtual reality game. Once the controller is done charging god goes back to playing videogames
hahaha enjoy the mystery!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
This doesn't make sense to me, it would be pointless, why aren't we all still cavemen?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Black Ops

How do you know that time reboots? Where do u get the idea that this happens? Perhaps you could post a few links or some aricles. By the way I think its possible that this does happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join