It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban Executes 7-Year-Old Boy For Spying

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaosinorder
But i question the mainstream press about their ethics of the atrocities committed by US troops and CIA. Why wont they report that too?

They do. Every time a UAV or airstrike kills a civilian, it's on CNN, etc.

ATS will have a thread on it, maybe 8+ pages, with every Swinging Richard chiming in on how horrible the US is, how the Troops are Nazi Stormtroopers, how this is entirely the fault of the US military, and how they should get out. The thread will receive 50 or more "stars and flags".

Taliban commit an atrocity, you might get a small article in the paper. Probably somewhere on a back page before the comics. Someone might post it on ATS. Maybe three people will respond.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Can you even formulate such a concept in your mind ?

A 7-year-old kid as a spy ?

What's he gonna tell anyone , that my happy-meal had an extra chicken nugget in it ?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

You mean that all the kids that were killed in Iraq during the two wars were killed by random individuals? NOT by state sanctioned operators? I have to admit I never though it was a private enterprise (oh, wait, I did think that, many times, I never thought an American would see it that way
).

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

Well if we take the story at face value and assume it would be true, then the US has recruited a 7 year old to spy for it. Unless he just chose to do it on his own time.

But the story is how I formulated the concept in my mind. If the US is honestly employing 7 year old spies throughout the world, would it be unimaginable that other countries would do the same?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
While over there my unit had an advisor who would always relate the taliban to the vietcong. Chopping body parts off of civilians, making others into martyrs...the mission was very clear in Afghanistan and it remains so. These men feel no empathy or compassion torwards anything besides themselves and their twisted logic.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
If this story is true, it's despicable beyond words!

That being said, I'm not sure it is. I think it could be a fake story to increase support for an increasingly more unpopular war. Especially here in Europe.

Wasn't there a thread about this some time ago? About "demonizing" the enemy in the msm to turn public opinion in favor of continued fighting? This would fit right in...

It could all be a lie, and by God I hope it is...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37
reply to post by Pan7her

I love your tenderness in approaching this tragedy....a small boy the victim of a radical evil group of people and all you can do is attack the US...you are the winner of the "Humanitarian of the Year Award".

dont get me wrong, i feel for the poor boy, all i am merely pointing out is the MSM propaganda machine rallying up support for the afghan war, which seems to be stagnating and the US wants more money more troops on the ground to further line their pockets through the military industrial machine.

lets not kid ourselves, war = money

i also feel bad for this poor boy who was killed by border patrol for throwing stones.

U.S. border guard shoots dead boy, 14... for throwing stones at him

strangely, the MSM seems to be quiet about this one.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
reply to post by Pan7her

You know nothing about me , so don't presume that you can come in here and call me gullible .

well lets see, you started this thread with the words...

"These scumbag need to be wiped from the face of the earth"

since replying to your comment i have looked at your other posts and see that you are against this war, and are aware of the US caused casualties.

so i apologize for my rash statements. it was spurred from that one quote from you above.

i just find it fascinating that these words came from someone who seems to be awake about 9/11 and the current wars and wondered why you dont see through the spin by posting this.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

" ... then the US has recruited a 7 year old to spy for it. "

Please go back and read the article in the link I posted .

It clearly states that the boy was hanged for allegedly spying for the AFGHAN government ., not the United States .

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Pan7her

I , for one , don't believe everything that the MSM spouts as news .

At the same time , I also don't believe that everything that is reported is 'spin' .

The Taliban is notorious for human-rights abuses .

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck , chances are , it's a duck .

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
I hate to say it but how many kids have been killed in collateral damage in Iraq and Afghanistan by our troops??
This is cnn propaganda trying to be biased once again.
Until they start talking about the wrongs our troops have committed I won't take the bait.
They love a good story like this but if we drop bombs on civilians they will only report it if they absolutely have no choice but will spin it the way they can to make our guys look good.

They (Afghannis) are doing what they do and we(the western world) are doing what we do.
2 wrongs don't make a right but only seeing one side of the coin is just wrong.
Ask cnn to show the other side of the coin and report what we do and quit being biased for a change.

This is sensationalism.

It is very tragic for a child to be killed I do agree on that.

This was reported on the BBC the President of Afghanistan informed our Prime Minister of it. Aso footage of child soldiers the Taliban use, all armed with weapons.

The deaths of children in the UK USA etc., are not state sanctioned, the murderer usually ends up in prison.
The Taliban are no respecters of people look how they treat women.

Just as Stalin unsed Communism they use religion to subvert their own people.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by dizzylizzy]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join