It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Will You Do when The End Comes?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Hello fellow ATSers.

For the sake of this thread lets all pretend that the world will definaitly end on the date 21/12/2012 or 12/21/2012 for you americans out there.

What I want to ask- What will you be doing on the 20th?

Heres what i'm gonna do.

I'm gonna wake up nice and early, take my dog for his last walk and watch the sunrise. After this i'm gonna set him free I think its only fair he should taste some animalistic freedom before the end.

Then i'm gonna ring all my friends and have the biggest game of football (soccer) ever! after the footy will all go down the pub for our last pint together.

I will then return home and have a christmas dinner with my mum and my brothers. We will sit and reminisce about the life we have spent together. I will tell them all how much I love them.

Then I will find a field somewhere take my girlfriend and make love for the last time.

After this I will lay with her thinking about all my friends and family and what a wonderful life I have had until the end comes.

What would your last perfect day be?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

What Will You Do when The End Comes?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I will take a long walk out in the high country of Arizona. I will thank God for a chance at life here on this beautiful planet. I will have said my good-byes and thank-you's to everyone. Then my German Shepherd and I will sit down in the fields and breath in the sweetgrass and sage and quietly watch a last sunrise together. We will check out together me and my "forever" dog. With a life well spent.

Saxony

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
More than likely I will just sit, watch and wait. Though I guess it would depend on what type of event will cause this end, if by means of meteor or comet I'd probably watch it.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Haha! I'm not going to die! I'm just going to keep on living, and that means living on the remains of the old world. Some giant asteroid won't stop me! On the 20th, I will be packed up with survival gear, ready to go, IF anything happens that is.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The 20th is a Thursday right? I will look in my wallet and if I don't have enough money to get drunk on Friday I will borrow some, I will get drunk as usual and come saturday I will regret friday night (as usual) and that stturday night I will do it all over again - Hide on Sunday and go to work on Monday.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Well -but the world is NOT ending on 2012.
!!!!

But anyway- whenver the "end day" is.

I wouldn't do anything in particular.
Just enjoy the day, -with the people I love- as I do every single day of my life.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Best revenge, die laughing.

Since a person is usually born crying into a room full of smiling and laughing people, I plan on dieing laughing in a room full of crying people.

After all, the joke is on us.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
Hello fellow ATSers.

For the sake of this thread lets all pretend that the world will definaitly end on the date 21/12/2012 or 12/21/2012 for you americans out there.

What I want to ask- What will you be doing on the 20th?

Heres what i'm gonna do.

I'm gonna wake up nice and early, take my dog for his last walk and watch the sunrise. After this i'm gonna set him free I think its only fair he should taste some animalistic freedom before the end.

Then i'm gonna ring all my friends and have the biggest game of football (soccer) ever! after the footy will all go down the pub for our last pint together.

I will then return home and have a christmas dinner with my mum and my brothers. We will sit and reminisce about the life we have spent together. I will tell them all how much I love them.

Then I will find a field somewhere take my girlfriend and make love for the last time.

After this I will lay with her thinking about all my friends and family and what a wonderful life I have had until the end comes.

What would your last perfect day be?

I take personal exception to your plan with your dog. That plan, in fact, would be cruel in "dog language". Dogs are pack animals and your dog sees you as the "Alpha Dog". if you cut him loose, that to him is interpreted as you kicking him out of the "pack", sending him out on his own. You dog will have no idea why you as the "Alpha Dog" is kicking him from the pack. He'll be hurt not knowing where or when he violated his duties as the Bravo Dog in your "pack".

Keep your dog close to you, that's the best thing for him. Just remember, dogs think like dogs, not people.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by NOTurTypical]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Thank you for starting this thread. It has initiated a thought provoking conversation here at work. Under the banner of "let's pretend", Some interesting "final acts" are coming up.

Just when you think you know someone!

saxony

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Hmm.

If I KNEW the world would end that day...

Let's just say that you'll see massive amounts of smoke drifting from my direction sometime near then. 8)

I'll stay upbeat the whole day. I'll tell all of my friends and family I love them, and would finally tell the girl I like how I feel. I'd sit down with my water brothers, and tell them that I loved them and trusted them with my life. No anarchy for me, I'd just sit back, relax and let the end begin. I hope there's some pretty fireworks beforehand.

I've heard that it's physically impossible to smoke the approximate lethal dose of marijuana(~21 lbs). I don't think anyone's ever tried, though... =D/80 lol I am generally a law abiding citizen... but at that point, if you KNEW the world would end, it's just common law, whatever your morality dictates. So...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I will surround myself in flowers, reflect on my life and spend time with my best friend.
I may regret this, but I think I want to be fully aware of what is about to happen to me!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I will fly to Fiji or Bermuda (whichever seems to be more appealing to me at the time) with my family the week before, and spend it relaxing in the sun... Reminisce about our favorite memories, look at pictures, and just enjoy our remaining time together. I will make sure that my friends know how much they mean to me, go skydiving, renew our vows with my husband on the beach, and enjoy my last sunset on a deck eating whatever is my favorite meal at the time... Wow...this really makes me hate living in WA state right now. LOL

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
If I am not out of America by 12/20/12 I'll probably watch:
The complete Aeon Flux series.
Fight club.
The Fountain.
Duckman.
Then break to hang out with my best friends.
Maybe party a little bit...then come home and finish the day off w/ Squidbillies and vodka.
Happy Maya Day.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I would party like there's no tomorrow. (literally)

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Thats probably how the end made it here haha.

whatevs.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I would like to say that I would be prepared with a survival gear, but I never get around to actually buying anything. In the end, I am not sure I would want to live in such a world.

I am just a weak woman. I can't run to save my life, because of foot problems. I am not in shape.

I know what kind of gear I might need, and I have watched survivalist videos ranging from trap making, to purifying water, but putting theory into practice is another thing.

I think the most best prepared person would have a problem surviving if the grid went down, after a nuclear attack, etc.. and society was in chaos. There would be people with weapons more than glad to kill you for whatever meager possessions you have.

Even an honest man would kill to put food into the mouths of his own children. I am glad I don't have any children of my own. How can you look at your own child and say you have nothing to give them? If you see another person with food, and you child is hungry, would you be willing to fight to the death for food for your child?

Some people would. They would justify their actions by saying the world has changed, that it is now like the animal world, it is kill or be killed. It is survival of the fittest. All religion and moral codes would be gone in the face of starvation.

But is starvation really that bad?

Would you rather starve or fight every second of the day for some scraps? Would you rather starve or always be on the move, always looking over your shoulder, never able to be at peace and rest?

If you are well prepared with food, you must also be prepared to defend it with your life. People will kill for the smallest scrap.

If you appear to be too knowledgeable and surviving too well, others will know you have the means to survive and they will target you. If you are weaker, they will over power you and force you to do their bidding.

If you have nothing anyone wants, you will be less of a target.

I would try to make myself less attractive. This would less attractive in appearance as well as knowledge, so that no one sees anything in me that they would desire. I would appear to be useless as a worker and not attractive enough to want to rape, hopefully.

I would like to appear to be mentally challenged, and even dangerously so, so that people would avoid me.

If approached in a negative way, I would appear to be crazy but also try to appear to be very ill with a contagious disease.
If I am then killed, shot in the head or something, at least I don't have to commit suicide. I don't think I would ever do that, but I would allow myself to starve, which is different, especially if it can't be avoided anyway.

People say to survive people must band together. Unless you really know someone, I don't think so. There is always going to be someone who is going to be the smart guy, try to play God. This person may make a good leader, but then start to expect more and more respect out of folowers, turning them to slaves.

People can be physically enslaved, or brainwashed during this time, and be mentally enslaved.

I would rather go it alone.
I would not be a burden, dependent on someone for my survival, and them thinking they own me.

I figure if the s hits the fan, (SHTF), the best I could hope for would be to find a quiet place away from others to try to lay my body down to meditate. I would pray to God to take me, or to put me into some trance so that I could exist off of some sort of sustaining energy from God.

If animals can go into hibernation, why can't people do it? What sustains Buddhists and Tibetan monks that are said to live without anything? I would try to tap into this power.

Of course, I would probably attempt to feed myself and care for myself for a while in the beginning, but eventually I think I would either succeed (not likely) or begin to starve. If I saw I was no good at my attempts at survival, I would try to find a secluded place to meditate.

I would hope to be left alone to do this.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
It's never over until it's over,

but in the event i am completely convinced the end is nigh,

i hope i have the spirit, good sense & enthusiasm to party like an animal.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I plan to go out screaming "I f**king knew it" maniacally at the skies, with a jack daniels (With ice) in one hand and a "smoke" in the other. I can't wait to see this world burn...

This message of hope was brought to you by the good people at the light foundation, moving together as one bulb illuminating the world with whatever is fashionable at the time.......

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I would obviously tell my loved ones how much I cared for them.

Then I would get drunk and have sex all over the place

I might even considering doing some drugs; coke? ecstacy? any suggestions? lol (I hate pot, it's the only illegal drug I have ever tried)

But screw it, if I knew for sure the world was going to end, why not try some wierd drug? At least I would be in a euphoric state when I died. Maybe some sort of tranquilizer, because I'm sure if i thought too much about it, I would get upset.

...I'm surprised no one else said anything about sex.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join