It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Publishing Company Under Fire for Putting Warning Label on Constitution

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Actually, it is permissible, by the reckoning of the administrators, that a topic can be covered in both Breaking Alternative News, and any other corresponding forum to which it is applicable.

Certainly, I would encourage interested members to visit both threads. Sometimes it is very much worth it.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Sad part:
There disclaimer is correct.

The sadder part:
We can nor will do anything about it.

The saddest part:
Its been rewritten a long time ago and every day another amendment is added.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Didn't mean that it was out of line to have both threads. I also think it is good to take a look at both threads and wanted to point out what I thought was an important fact mentioned in the other thread.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
No, I don't need to consider ethnicity, gender and sexual preference before reading the constitution.

Jesus Harold Christ.

I never fail to be amazed by some of the rampant idiocy in this country.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
No, I don't need to consider ethnicity, gender and sexual preference before reading the constitution.

Jesus Harold Christ.

I never fail to be amazed by some of the rampant idiocy in this country.

Not you but a child who may be reading the text may need some guidence from a parent. Plus they say they put this on all their reprints of old texts.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by robbinsj

the saddest part is that the OP who isnt even American seems to care more about the US constitution than some of the Americans.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlesUTP
reply to post by robbinsj

the saddest part is that the OP who isnt even American seems to care more about the US constitution than some of the Americans.

That is true for many but as I stand it is so sad due to the feeling of hoplessness I get when I see people like Obama change the constitution in aspects of gun laws when he was not even born here nor should be pres. But thats another subject for another thread.

I think this should make many wake up and see how far we have straied from our roots. Honestly I do think weman should not be 2nd class without voting rights but on the other hand idk if thats even part of the constitution.

I will have to read it....

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by TheOracle

This country is vastly different than what it was. Women can vote, Blacks aren't forced to be someone's human chattel etc.

I think they are correct in what they are saying. Times change, people change. You cannot expect people would produce the same document in this day and again. I'm tired of the "Church of the Founders". At the end of the day they were people.

Yeah, but have you ever read the constitution? It's perfect for setting up a working, anti-tyrannical government. What about the bill of rights? Is that outdated? I hope to god you say no because I would figure you enjoy your rights. The constitution is the longest standing outline of government in the world.

Nowadays I wish the fed would actually follow it like they are supposed to.

If you think this is correct just take a look at the quote in my signature....

P.S. There is a very good chance that the men that put this together where far smarter than you or I.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I have to wonder if Wilder print copies of the Bible - New or Old Testament?

If so, do they put the same warning on those?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join