It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Independent Scientist joining the ranks here on ATS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by beebs
reply to post by Selective

Heard of James Demeo?

And please let me know if I can at all be involved in your R&D

Thanks for the link. I'll look into it. I never heard that name before, so I will look into it.

About the R&D, I'm posting a new topic in the science section in the next 24 hours. It will first explain what I found and discovered, then get into a list of all things I need to finish it. Anyone want to get involved and help out, will be able to. I'm hoping it gets a wide spread attention from all over the world and I'll make it an ATS Exclusive.

Give me 24 hours, then check the science section for a post made by me.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

i would really love for you to u2u something to me that would blow my mind. i have concidered every possibility... ran every simulation..... contimplated every variable.....

i am dying to hear something i havent thought of.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
It has to be published in a peer-reviewed journal. Internet "publication" is generally ignored (unless you're republishing a paper you already delivered.)

Conference presentations (usually Powerpoints) count, though.

I already have most typed up in a file that I was planing on releasing as an online book publication for free download.

Well, that's not nearly as hard as getting into a conference and doing presentations!

The problem with this though is it must be documented with equipment and video, not just my personal typed notes. My personal typed notes don't account for anything, as anyone can type anything, my words alone don't prove anything. Also, I am the only test subject at the moment, so having another subject or two would prove how easily it can be used and adapted to.

Research done on the self doesn't really count. You need a methodology that describes:
* the population that's covered by your research including full demographics
* how you got a "statistically significant" random sample of people
* demographics on your subjects
* the hypotheses for the research question and the null hypotheses
* the IRB statement or something similar for human research.

If I do the online free book publication download, I can easily insert images and video into the pages.

Interesting approach. Since you're going to do a free ebook, you can certainly discuss it here.

Very plan and simple though, I need the lab equipment to finish the controlled studies of the projects. Also, several video cameras with a hand full of good devoted camera operators to double as eyewitnesses. Then a place to act as grounds for the study.

Well, I wish you the very best on this!

I like the PowerPoint idea. That's the same as OpenOffice, right?

Yes. Powerpoint will read it (if you save it in the right format.) This is the standard way that research is given at conferences... and in class once you hit the Masters' level and start doing original research.

I was thinking one way I might be able to get the lab equipment for free is if I converse with the companies that make the equipment, tell them what I'm working on and offer to advertise them and their products when I go public with my projects.

That works once in awhile. Not very often, though.

BTW, the "cameraman as witness" is not a point of concern. Data verification takes care of itself in the methodological triangulation, statistical tests, and so forth.)

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Byrd]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Well now you have 22 posts, so get to posting your thread.

*sings* Don't bite the hand that feeds you....

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I just went to start the topic, but a 4000 character limit stopped me.

I made a brief description of the project, making a short outline of it, and 4000 characters isn't even 1/8 of the briefing.

I guess I'll make it a document file and see where I can upload it so people can actually read it without a 4000 character limit here on the ATS Topics.

Or if I'm able to upload the document file here on ATS, let me know

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

You might be able to do it on ATS(thats above me, though)...

But Scribd is a great place to upload and publish personal documents.

Not sure if that would disqualify it from being an 'ATS exclusive' haha, but it works like a charm.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Thanks beebs, I think I'll go with TPB though. People will have to download it, but it's a sure way to get my message out to everyone.

Actually, since I'm going to do that I might as well sit up for a few more hours adding more details to the file. Make it worth the read.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Selective you can create your large file that is 8 times or more greater than the 4000 word limit on ATS and then copy about 1/8th of the file at a time and load it into consecutive posts in your thread, each time ending in "to be continued". Then everyone would know your thread continues on until the end.

It would be better than a single file someplace else, because ATS gets lots of hits by a broad or diversified spectrum of people coming from all walks of life and with all kinds of knowledge which you might need to depend upon in order to get your project started and finished in a timely order.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I'll still make a topic for it under science, and I'll post the intro so people know what it is first. Then the TPB link so it can be downloaded.

I need another 12-24 hours to get this up though. After going over my notes I've realized I only get one shot at this. So I'm releasing all data in order for others to have what they need to do this on their own.

This will ensure the Project can never die, and the information cannot be stopped.

The topic on ATS will then leave room for discussion and collaboration of those getting involved.

The file will be text only, so very small in size for those that want to seed it.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
You can't link to your own site until you've been here for about 6 months.

Perhaps the best strategy is not to do a whole publication dump (because that usually gets ignored. Folks get tired reading a lecture) but break it down to your "elevator speech." People will ask questions and so forth, and you can start replying ... and not violate your own copyright. If you're making a book, you don't want to pre-publish it somewhere.

But experience says that if you start doing text dumps, your thread will get yawned at after a few pages.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. All this sounds very interesting.

You spoke about witnesses and filming and all that jazz. Devoted for about three months. Like you said, typed words are just typed words. Getting "movie" people involved could also decrease your credibility. Thanks to CGI etc.haha.

What about asking some site to host and record live WEBCAMS and let the world follow your work and experiments live?

Anyways, just a thought. Look forward to reading about it.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Demoncreeper]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
For those followers of this thread that don't know it, Selective has started his new thead:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join