It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. war costs: $1 trillion and counting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

U.S. war costs: $1 trillion and counting

www.orlandosentinel.com

After nearly a decade of combat, U.S. spending on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan recently passed the $1 trillion mark, making them the biggest wartime expenditure since World War II, according to a new report.

From high-tech weapons to huge troop deployments, the two wars have sought to bolster national security following the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on World Trade Center and the Pentagon. The record expense has also fueled an expansion of the U.S. defense industry, including major
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

U.S. soldiers return to their field base south of Kandahar, Afghanistan, on June 6. The U.S. recently passed $1 trillion in military spending in Iraq and Afghanistan since 9-11.

It's almost nine years since the planned invasion of Afghanistan by the warmongering Bush sock puppet and his globalist elite masters, with the ulterior purpose of harvesting opium and exporting it worldwide through the Coke Importation Agency.

What has Afghanistan cost the United States?

$1 trillion, ~1000 dead U.S. servicemen and -women, tens of thousands of dead Afghans and billions of dollars in opium revenue for black projects and operations.

www.orlandosentinel.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Doesn't the USA spends 1 trillion a year for it's whole military ? A much impressive number IMO.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
/sigh

I really don't know what to say anymore. I'm still slightly confused on the purpose of being over there, perhaps more research needs to be put into this. From what I've gathered it's either A. Oil, B. Democracy, C. Terrorism, D. Taking Control. Whichever one is the right one doesn't matter, as each of them doesn't seem to be making too much progress at this point at least in my eyes.

[edit]
Forgot to add S+F

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Gigantea Rosa]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Gigantea Rosa

A) Oil

Before the war(s) began there was alot of talk about the pipeline through Afgan territory being the best/most stable option by comparrison to other locations. The problem is/was the stupid Afgan people didn't accept the pennies offered as a fair trade for allowing billions of dollars worth of our oil/gas through their country.

(B) & (C) are merely the cover story for (D) when a country doesn't play ball.

ETA:

Google 'Afgan Pipeline'...the short version is that the Taliban got in the way of a very profitable arrangement for everyone else.

The pre-Taliban government was offered royalties, however the people who's land was going to be seized realized that they were not going to see any of that money (even though they were the ones who were helping to generate those royalties). They went shopping for an option to what they saw as a West controlled government that was selling them out.

Poor B@st@rds; by allowing a fundamentalist group into power they gift-wrapped a solution to everyone else's problem.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by [davinci]

Ah, Wow they didn't accept? Hmm I see, well if that is the true story then wow we have wasted a lot in terms of gaining/trying to gain oil. When the majority of that could have been used in some sort of renewable fuel / energy or something of the sort.

Thank you for the information

top topics

join