It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia to stop missiles delivery to defiant Iran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

In all seriousness this is just a political play by Russia, an intrigue if you will. It has been holding this "deal" over US and Israel's head for four years now, swinging back and forth. Of course it is all calculated, and Russia is using it as a bargaining chip in the international relations arena. Unless there was a serious breakdown in behind-the-scenes Russia-US/Israel relations, Russia will not deliver the systems. The deal may be alive, but it is not going to be carried out. Once Russia delivers the systems, the play is over and it loses the bargaining chip.

Even Iran knows and understands it. It already expressed its dissatisfaction to Russia, and the relations between Russia and Iran are worsening.

I think a more pertinent arms deal could be between Russia and Syria. It too involves the S-300 systems, plus combat jets, and it too has been on the back burner for a few years. Syria is not under threat of sanctions and has a better standing with the Security Council, but both Israel and US are highly concerned about it. But even that deal will likely be tossed back and forth for sometime to come, as Russia bargains its way through international politics.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
As much as I hated having to have US and some NATO troops in Afghanistan, when I saw the news about them hanging a seven year old....

I'm only 35, that made me want to call my Marine recruiter (I'm out of the military now) to sign up for another tour.

Now, mayhap that was just propaganda, but there is a long history of the Taleban abusing girls and women for wanting to, oh, I don't know, LEARN? Go to school?

They need to be taken out with extreme prejudice IMO, and then, the populace left to live in peace, without US interference.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
yeah, Russia has had this deal on hold for years.

With Global Strike, it becomes moot. Not too many countries I've heard of lately shooting down hypersonic ballistic missiles.

Iran will be playin the IDF dance before they get any of those s-300's, just my wild guess.

BBC reporting sanctions will not affect....blah blah blah.

Mind games. OIL!!

[edit on 10-6-2010 by ErEhWoN]

<< 1   >>

join