It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello,,worried on not being accepted

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Thankyou so much for being nice to me,,,

I could almost cry.

This is my best day for awhile!

Im nto smart at politics and stuff.

But I do enjoy the UFO stuff and strange mysteries, so I best stick to that.

I Sure am happy.

Your friend kona

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Welcome, I'm sure everyone will accept you for who you are and if not the mods and other members will keep them in line. Hell I'm impressed you figured out how to get an avatar already.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Don't worry OP, no one cares. Everyone is crazy in their own ways here.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I don't think anyone that is worth the time of day would ever say anything rude to you.

I am extremely Socially liberal so I really couldn't care less what your apperance is, it's your thoughts and actions that count. Anyone who criticizes you for who you are is not whole and probably deserves your pitty.

Anyway, I spend my time all across the place but I'm mostly in the foreign affairs and politics sections.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
You, Kona, are a human. As such, you need no acceptance from others as long as you accept yourself. You have no control over the feelings of others; why give others control over your feelings?

There will be those who themselves 'accept' who you are; there will be those who rail against it. Such is life for all of us, and there is nowhere you can go nor anything you can do which will change that. Thus, why concern yourself?

Welcome to ATS, where you can be yourself and be free of bully tactics from others. If you do encounter such problems, there is a little 'alert' button at the bottom of each post. Use it. We pride ourselves on maintaining a civil atmosphere so all may be heard.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Welcome To ATS

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Little_Kona

Not to worry, we accept you and anybody else as you are. The only thing we ask is you contribute to discussions and have some fun.

Welcome and I'm looking forward to seeing you around the boards.

I'm in agreement with Redneck; should you encounter any rudeness, bullying or anything of the sort hit the alert button; a staff member is usually on and will look into it. Also you can contact any staff member via the u2u feature.

Now, go have some fun here.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by gallopinghordes]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
hi little kona!
welcome, and i'm glad you feel welcome

i usually don't read intro posts either, but i did this one cos i thought it might be someone icelandic, cos kona means woman in in icelandic. something i thought you might enjoy
(if you didn't know it already.)
anyway enjoy yourself here, and BIG up for being who you are. a shining example to everyone.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Hello and welcome I think you will find ATS alot more accepting than most other places! I have been doing the rounds of the intros as I am a new member myself so like to make sure everyone has at least one post!

Anyhoo see you around the forums!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Hi Kona and welcome to ATS.

I hope you don't think all of us are, God forbid , normal. We are not, I assure you.

I very seldom think of a members gender when reading posts. It's their mind I'm looking at.

I have more than one friend that is TS so it does not bother me in the least. It just makes you more interesting.

Be true to thine own self and you'll be OK.

Marilyn aka dizziedame

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Welcome.

Like most have already said, it is going to be the content of your post that will get the attention, not who you are.

By the way you may want to take heed of my signature.

Lessons I learned long ago that have taken me far.

Again, welcome.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
If I am the only one that sees this for that troll that it is, I am not only worried about ATS but for logic and sense!

How easy is it to gain sympathy amongst individuals of like mindedness will NEVER cease to amaze me.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Th0r

Have to agree that the T`s and C`s strictly prohibit passing personal info and if it is genuine then fine but I believe that you should be judged in this setting on what you post and not what your background or sex or colour is

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Hi.

I am not going to post how to cook carrot cake in the UFO thread section nor post other off topic 360 degree stuff.

Nor me being this and that or being of,etc...

There are plenty of threads here one can get lost in if he wants to be mean,dumb and dissapear in and care less what anyone thinks..
This was an introduction thread.

And if I make a video of me cooking cookies that will be in the recepie section or anyone wanting to just be happy.

And being in the introduction thread I thought that was ok..

I can very understand me saying about me,, cry and we all cry and feel sad reguardless at times..

I know and learned if you dont have anything nice to say thats not nice dont say it at all.
Maybe what I shoulda said was a big fat heart is here,,??

Im glad and happy I posted what I did,,and I wont post my orientation and my side of it.

I am happy and glad just to throw in a "pat on the back",,

And your right,,one is judged on there thoughts and what they post.

I am happy and a tuff little cookie..

Kona friend

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Hello back at you. I'm one of the big Christian debaters on this site.
I welcome you and your honesty. How very upfront of you. All I
want to say to you is around here we seek the truth. You have demonstrated that nicely from the outset you have great potential to be a truthseeker. Here everything stands aside for truth. We are truthseekers before anything else. Always remember to keep that in mind every post and you will have a positive experience here every time you sign on. I remind alot of our new members with this vid. Speak the truth as you know it here and
you will shine.

I welcome you and your truth no matter what it is.

Welcome to ATS.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. We are a big ol' family in here and we argue, fight, and sometimes discuss things.

You have demonstrated your openness and that is what everything should be about. I think you will find that you will learn a lot on here, I know I have.

The truth is always worth the search. Again welcome and I will check in on your threads to see what your all about. Good luck and have fun.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS Kona
It takes alot to be so open, especially in a first post, i'm looking forward to seeing you on the boards. No problem with acceptance with me, and like others have said, ats is pretty non-judgemental, but prepare to enter into some heated discussions if you're passionate about the subject!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
You are definetly welcome here! Welcome to ATS! Sorry to hear people are judging you like that, but that isnt the case here. Most of us are friendly and ive found the most amazing friends here, as im sure you will! Looking forward to seeing you around the boards! =]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
You probably did the entire board a great service by having the courage to post this and fill us in on your story. Difinitely spared a lot of ego's.

It would have been only a short time before half the knuckleheads on this board were hitting on you

On ATS, the TS stands for "thread starter". Welcome and enjoy.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Welcome from Scotland Kona. It takes all sorts of creeds, religions, races to post on here. That's why ATS is one of if not the best Fact/Fiction/Conspiracy forums on the net. When I want to read the news? I don't turn the TV on. I come here. MSM is controlled. U want your info and are willing to do a little research? Just come here. That's a lovely picture of you by the way.

I once got chatted up by a TS in Texas. She was lovely but I had no idea she was a TS. It's only when she mentioned it by telling me she was what she was. I hadn't a clue. Although if I'd taken her back to my hotel room I would have gotten a big surprise.....lol Anyway, we had a good chat and a few drinks and over the course of time after some communication through yahoo messenger we lost contact. But she was nice. Doesn't bother me what gender someone is. As long as they are friendly.

So welcome to the greatest forum on the www. If u like Aliens and UFO's like I do I'll see u there. After my 2 UFO sightings I'm always there!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join