It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where's the real threat?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
We've been pretty much bombarded with real and imaginary threats to freedom, life and prosperity for close to 10 years now. Let's recap quickly:

1) 9/11
2) Afghanistan
3) Iraq
4) North Korea
5) Iran
6) Hamas
8) The renewed insurgency
9) Domestic Terror Threats/Terrorism
10) Immigration Law
11) Gun Control

And there are others that I'm sure I missed. There are many, many people who would state that a multitude of these threats are concocted by the governments of the world to keep our attention. What are we not supposed to be seeing? I look at the news and I get completely brain-addled sometimes... where is the real threat?

The motto of this site is "Deny Ignorance." So, fellow ATSers, help me deny mine. I want to hear your opinions. Where is the threat? What aren't we seeing? What could be so important to the world elite to make them bring us so close to the brink of annihilation? Is it simply to keep them in power, or do they have something else in mind?

Let's talk about it.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
You have people in the world who are so maniacal in their current karma that nothing will root it out except the expression of pure hate. Hate for themselves, hate for the world, for life, for humanity. You have people so attached to worldly objects (greed, lust) that nothing matters except their possession. These people have power and influence and are under such negative influences it's hard for us to even imagine. Think of mean, selfish, spoiled, brats who are now adults with great authority and power and haven't changed a bit.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ReelView

Alright, all of those groups are dangerous in their own right. They also compase a nice cross section of those in the halls of power. But, who is pulling their strings? Who is using their greed/hate/negativity, and for what? Is this all simply an exercise in power by some unseen force?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
there is a new bill
set to remove the word Navigable from the definition
of water.

WASHINGTON (April 21, 2010) – The National Cattlemen’s Beef Association (NCBA) and the Public Lands Council (PLC) are strongly opposing the so-called “America’s Commitment to Clean Water Act,” introduced earlier today by Rep. James Oberstar (D-Minn.). The Act would remove the word “navigable” from the definition of “waters of the United States” under the Clean Water Act, granting the federal government unprecedented regulatory authority over all waters regardless of whether or not they have any environmental significance.

naturalresourcereport.com...

Dr paul Craig roberts just laid out how Aipac financially controls
both the US government and the Canadian government...
as evidenced by there handling of FLOTILLA
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I posted something on this a while ago... in that civilisations where made up of different stages, they rise and fall... and that we are at the falling stage.

During the rise you gets lots of creator types who build the civilisation up, then you hit a plateau of liberals who tinker with everything, and in the fall you get a bunch of criminal, self centered, greedy folk that tend to rule the scene until war, disease or famine comes along to level the playing field again.

Methinks we are in the criminal, greedy, self centered, destructive phase, that seems to end in war, famine, disease etc

The only good news is that civilisation always builds itself back up again...

the thread I posted pretty boring... but all the things that are happening are because the type of people who are dominating the scene at the moment are [not the nicest people in the world] in a major understated kind of way.

So they are using these kinds of tactics (fear/threats) to maintain their power although the civilisation they are trying to cling to is failing and the strange part is I am sure they must know that these threats/fears do little to prevent it failing...

[edit on 10/6/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I feel that History provides a bit of a lesson as to why we have these threats.

I don't feel that we would have the dissent and hate towards us if we weren't using our military trying to take their natural resources.

Those People aren't stupid and know exactly why we are there.
They know what happened in America.

People will always fight for their homeland and what belongs to them.

Just as we did when the British began unfairly taxing the colonists here in America.

Or the Native Americans did when we began taking their land.

It is going on right here in America.

Did Goldman Sachs profit from the recent housing and banking crisis ?

You Betcha !

Who bailed out the Banks that were too big to fail ?

Did the Banks reciprocate and do anything for the taxpayers in return ?

Did they give you or I a break on my mortgage or credit cards ?

No !

So there is the root cause of the disdain towards the corporation called the UNITED STATES.

And why we have terrorism and dissent towards America.

As we too are it's slaves and victims.

Don't take my opinion though.

Simply read Smedley Butler's Book: War is a Racket

USMC Major General Butler begin to see why the real reason as to why Marines were being sent into battle.

Read his book. Here's the first couple of pages:

CHAPTER ONE
War Is A Racket

WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives.

A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of the people. Only a small "inside" group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few, at the expense of the very many. Out of war a few people make huge fortunes.

In the World War [I] a mere handful garnered the profits of the conflict. At least 21,000 new millionaires and billionaires were made in the United States during the World War. That many admitted their huge blood gains in their income tax returns. How many other war millionaires falsified their tax returns no one knows.

How many of these war millionaires shouldered a rifle? How many of them dug a trench? How many of them knew what it meant to go hungry in a rat-infested dug-out? How many of them spent sleepless, frightened nights, ducking shells and shrapnel and machine gun bullets? How many of them parried a bayonet thrust of an enemy? How many of them were wounded or killed in battle?

Out of war nations acquire additional territory, if they are victorious. They just take it. This newly acquired territory promptly is exploited by the few -- the selfsame few who wrung dollars out of blood in the war. The general public shoulders the bill.

And what is this bill?

This bill renders a horrible accounting. Newly placed gravestones. Mangled bodies. Shattered minds. Broken hearts and homes. Economic instability. Depression and all its attendant miseries. Back-breaking taxation for generations and generations.

For a great many years, as a soldier, I had a suspicion that war was a racket; not until I retired to civil life did I fully realize it.....

And The truth shall set you FREE .

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The threat is power and money. All the wars and police actions have a cover story about being a fight for justice, but the real reason behind them is money. People want to buy love, but it can only be earned.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The only real threat is electronic mind control.

It ruined my life, and the people using it are beyond useless, and thick.

Just watch how the world cup is going to be ruined by it.

top topics

join