It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 A Different View

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
A different view on 2012

Many people believe that on 21st December 2012 there will be a huge disaster or cataclysm that will bring us and our planet to an end! or other people believe extra terrestrials will come and change everything and make us their slaves... and we must not forget the all famous "planet X" which is favourite with all the fear mongers out there.

Well as amazing and dangerous as all the above are, what if they are wrong?? I was on Facebook earlier and was looking at birthday notifications and was shocked to see how fast people I knew were ageing. It then made me think... I am fast approaching 30 years old, and in the past if I was to look into my future I could see it and plan it. But for some reason I just can not see past 30 years old. My 30th Birthday falls in March 2012, I started to panic thinking maybe I will pass away when I am 30. I started to think about what have I achieved in my life and it made me start rushing to get things done.

It made me think at how fast humans age, we live for only a short time when really we could quite easily live for a few hundred years! This is just an idea, a speculation... but what if we were meant to live longer... in the bible it mentions Adam and Eve's children living for a long long time! maybe our DNA was altered some how in our past as some kind of punishment or maybe some kind of disaster like an asteroid or solar wind hitting us altered our DNA structure making us live for less then we should...

Well, what if on 2012... it is not the end of the world, but instead the end of us living with this prisoner strain of DNA? what if our DNA is currently changing and by 2012 it would of made a complete change making our personal ages mean little as we will all live longer? or what if something comes and changes our DNA back to how it was in the first days of the human race (im not talking cave men either, I mean in the Adam and Eve times (if the Adam and Eve times were actually real and not fiction?)).

Well this was just a quick thread I had to type up, I must get back to work now but will check back later and will try and answer any questions and so on.... Thanks.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I think 2012 is not a dramatic event, but simply the "turning point" of a huge revolution that actually began around 1900, and since 1987 has accelerated as Information Technology has opened up people's consciousness. 2012 is simply the point where we're kind of halfway there.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I'm not sure what it is about being in your twenties that makes you think you will die young. It's contagious. Maybe because we do such outrageous things we don't see how we can possibly survive?

And this is nothing new. Remember the hippies of the late sixties and seventies? There swore they would never live to see 35.

And the population when everyone wanted their own "fallout shelter" conveniently in the backyard? Those kids thought they wouldn't live to see 20.

My nephew and his college-age friends visited a few weeks ago, and they all expressed a sense of doom. They think they will die before 35, too.

It's some type of collective anxiety methinks. Once you pass the magic thirty mark....it seems to diminish, until it disappears.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by justjoemusic

I also believe that "2012" is a possible positive change happening, one of existential magnitude.

The PTB could be trying to turn this potential positive change into something negative, or at least trying to make it look negative in our perception.

I'm not afraid, whatever happens, happens.

If it's not anytihng spiritual or supernatural or extraterrestial, it certainly looks like physically, here on Earth, everything is is racing towards critical mass, waiting to pop.

It's inevatable. I have known this somehow, since I was a kid. I have always felt my life was a facade that would fall apart at some point in my time.

Sometimes I think I'm only here to witness the final unraveling.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by justjoemusic

It made me think at how fast humans age, we live for only a short time when really we could quite easily live for a few hundred years! This is just an idea, a speculation... but what if we were meant to live longer... in the bible it mentions Adam and Eve's children living for a long long time! maybe our DNA was altered some how in our past as some kind of punishment or maybe some kind of disaster like an asteroid or solar wind hitting us altered our DNA structure making us live for less then we should...

Well, what if on 2012... it is not the end of the world, but instead the end of us living with this prisoner strain of DNA? what if our DNA is currently changing and by 2012 it would of made a complete change making our personal ages mean little as we will all live longer? or what if something comes and changes our DNA back to how it was in the first days of the human race (im not talking cave men either, I mean in the Adam and Eve times (if the Adam and Eve times were actually real and not fiction?))

I've thought about the same thing and something that piqued my interest was this research done into giantism before the flood... some scientists believe that the change in climate after the flood contributed to our short lifespan.. before the flood rain was non-existent according to the bible and instead there would be some sort of permanent dew moisturizing the earth. supposedly our ozone-layer shrunk dramatically after the flood. scientists have done tests where they simulated before flood atmospheric quality's in a test-tube and they've actually had some pretty awesome results... plants grew larger and faster. this could be a part of the puzzle...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Trouble is with 2012 is exactly the same doom and gloom that came with 2000, a lot of publicity and scaremongering.
People latching onto the Mayan calander end date, the reason it ended is because the Mayans died out before they could make another calendar.
The world caught up with the rigmarole of someone figuring out the Mayan calendar and saying that it ended in 2012.
You all remember the farse of 1999 december right? oh no the world will end in 2000 as the computers controlling everything run amok, planes falling from the sky , banks losing money etc ( hang on a sec?!?!?).
Now 2012 has come into the light, people are reading too much from the net and the remarks and fears of others.
People will place all kind of fears out into the ether , but look at the history of the failure of Y2K, look at all the products sold to 'help' the people after the planes fell out of the sky, the ONLY people who were better offwere the ones selling the placebo's to the panicky people right?
2012 will be followed by 2013 .
Besides IMHO the world will change maybe for the better who knows , maybe for the worse as people panic , panic breeds panic, the people are animals, think their intelligent as individuals but watch them become stupid in a herd.
No matter IF a meteor crashes into us ( never happened in the past did it?), UFO's invade and enslave us ( aren't we already enslaved to the Banks?), or some other event, the fact that people will 'think' about 2012 will have a tremendous impact on the Human psyche anyway.
Change is coming but seeing as it will be just another Y2K I wouldn't worry about it too much, the Universe will go on long after we're gone, life will prevail no matter what happens to our little jewel on the blanket of space.
We may not be here , thats why I'd recomend learning about yourself, learn to open your mind, learn new skills , maybe even learn to astral project if you can ( I have done a few times and believe me when I say it opens your mind to death and you learn to accept it no matter when it gets to you - maybe like me even look forward to it, ( but I'm not in any rush to make it get to me faster)), after all what can you take with you on your journey to the next life? your car? , your tv?, your money?. None of that nonsense , all you can take with you is your experiences , and the one thing given to you from those experiences , your soul and your consiousness. YOU is all you can take with you.
Take time to learn about your environment as sooner or later it all changes, and besides even if something does happen its always best to be prepared isn't it? you never know should something tragic happen in 2012 or at ANY OTHER TIME you could be in a better position to help yourself and others?.
Learn to live now and worry about tomorrow when it becomes today.

[edit on 10/6/10 by DataWraith]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
The point to note is that the world is increasingly becoming a consumer based society. Advanced economies as well as emerging markets are increasingly becoming materialistic societies. Hence, it is becoming even more easier for the TPTB to control the populace. Perhaps, a spiritual revolution that is increasingly becoming more prevalent could reach a high point by 2012.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

No one should fear death, no matter if it's tomorrow, in ten years or in thirty!

It's an inevitable part of the cycle of death and rebirth..

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Well, if you read about the doom and gloom prophecies for 2012, you will quickly realize that undergoing the evolutionary leap you are referring to, happens after the painful part -- also known as the global catastrophe / cataclysm, etc. You really can't have one without the other.

The changing / upgrading of DNA that you mention is not as simple as someone waving a wand over you and declaring you upgraded. If you want to learn more about evolutionary leaps, there is a pretty good book entitled: "Magnetic Reversals and Evolutionary Leaps" by Robert Felix. I'm not saying I subscribe to all of his theories, but it does provide a decent launching pad for further research if this is something that interests you.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Very well put.

It takes the "Good" and "Bad" together for it all to work. I'll have to check out the book

Really it's all meaningless, we just attribute the meaning to all the events.

DNA upgrade?? I'm IN!!

46 & 2 are just ahead of me

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by lateralus11235

Im not actually scared of dying, just scared of not accomplishing everything I want to accomplish before I die.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Will have to have a look at that book you mention by Robert Felix. Sounds interesting.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The year 2012 is a meaningless date in terms of world changes, DNA changes or anything like that. It's just a date that will come and pass like all of the other years.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by justjoemusic
reply to post by lateralus11235

Im not actually scared of dying, just scared of not accomplishing everything I want to accomplish before I die.

Still, you're afraid of something that you have no direct control over. You could die right now, would you regret what you haven't done?

I'd hope not!

new topics

top topics

join