It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Cameron is SCREWING us all

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
David Cameron is yet again screwing us all. He promises us painful cuts then increases funding for the Afghanistan war.

news.bbc.co.uk...

When will this corrupt, disgusting, evil government get what they deserve?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
When the people raise enough hell. The only way to make the government listen is to bring them to their knees. Like stop going to work, all the labor unions call for a strike, that is what forced People's Republic of Poland into a democratic election and ended the Communist regime.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Yeah! Why should the British government pay to keep soldiers from dying in war zones they sent them to? Sod ‘em, let them get blown up, horribly disfigured and killed; what about our rights eh? I can’t afford a big screen TV because of these politicos, fix that first!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
From your link -

"He said an extra £67m would go into countering insurgents' bombs. Last year former PM Gordon Brown pledged £150m over three years for a similar project."

from this quote it appears to me that David Cameron has actualy lowered the amount which had been pledged, so no he's giving less money then before, dont confuse yourself

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
He HAS to make cuts because we have had 13 years of very poor mis-management by a Labour Government.

Basically, THEY have screwed us up and left a complete mess for David Cameron to sort out.

It's the same as your Wife secretly spending a lot on the credit cards and hiding the statements. You can only do it for so long.

So don't blame Mr Cameron, get your facts straight!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
"Mr Cameron also said £200m in aid funding would be diverted from existing budgets to help Afghanistan build up its army, police and civil service capacity, in order to enable it able to handle its own security needs as soon as possible. "

let the afghans pay for it then, better still pull out of iraq and afghanistan and save billions

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker10
"Mr Cameron also said £200m in aid funding would be diverted from existing budgets to help Afghanistan build up its army, police and civil service capacity, in order to enable it able to handle its own security needs as soon as possible. "

let the afghans pay for it then, better still pull out of iraq and afghanistan and save billions

that is a better point to argue, i think its kinda like im sorry money, they dont wanna just leave them now empty handed cause of guilt,

honestly talking about countrys spending now is like argue drops in an ocean of debt, the currencys may die and then the debt wont matter.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
It would be even cheaper to just leave afghanistan?
2nd line.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
67m is a fraction of the money being saved from not giving pathetic layabout yobs benefits for not working. I would rather our soldiers got the funding they need than starve them off cash just to stop the "honest, working class" from striking.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
So the obvious and real easy solution to the UK's Debt Crisis is as follows then : -

1. Get out of Iraq and Afghanistan. It's not our war, let them sort it out as it's none of our business.

2. Boot out all the Muppets and Illegal Immigrants getting £10 billion + a year in benefits (free house, food, cars, driving lessons, health benefits, dentistry). Why should we give them the money when they haven't worked here and paid into the system? After all, it's only our pensioners starving and freezing to death every year!

PROBLEM SOLVED!!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
From my understanding Cameron's plans to withdraw troops within 12-18 months is still concrete? Plegding aide of this amount is nowhere near how much the Labour Government planned to send over, including more troops.

I also understand that reinforcements will only be used for key strategic movements , but the numbers of troops will start to reduce as early as this year.

I can't really use this thread an as excuse to Labour bash, but the MP's from Labour coming out of the wood work and slamming Cameron would do better to look at thier own beuraucratic and corrupt unionistic selves in the mirror.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
So just to re-cap how some of you think David Cameron is screwing us all, below is a link to how much money LABOUR WASTED in their last 2 years.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Yes, that's right folks, £1.3 trillion wasted on rubbish even though we (the UK) were already in big financial trouble.

Thank God they are out and gone, it's just going to take ages to get back to normality!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Well it seems I misread this article. While I am still completely against the war, I am still not impressed that money is being spent on it while people here are losing out. By saying its still lower than what Labour would have spent though, that is wrong. I cannot trust this man, he is trying to present himself as the lesser of the 2 evils rather than doing the right thing!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
So the anti war faction has already jumped on the spending bandwagon. The merits of our actions in Afganistan have and will continue to be debated on this site, but so long as one member of our military is engaged in action overseas, I will expect our Government to spend what every the military feels its needs, even at the expense of spending at home.

Our military abroad are doing the job which they signed up for and are being paid for, the least we can do is support the troops. It is far from their fault that we are engaged in these military actions. For that, we have to look to the last Labour Government.

And just when in the election campaign, did any makor political leader give a pledge to just walk out of Afganistan?

This cheap pop our protecting our troops saddening me. If our military need it, and we are asking them as a country to defend us, they should have it.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The german preident Just resigned because he accidentally made a comment about how the war in afghanistan was to safegaurd Germany's economic interests
which is total violation of some post WWll trearty or law apparantly

so thats what the war is about
the troops are dying to make certain people rich
the man is a banker
the US troops are guarding the dope
Zbignew Brezynski invented the Taliban

the globalists know that the war is on
the people everywhere
and they know the people
will be the last to figure it out

ohh but they will figure it out
when it is to DUMB late

Berlin, Germany (CNN) -- German President Horst Koehler resigned suddenly Monday over what he said was heavy criticism about comments he made on Germany's military role in the world, which he said had been misinterpreted.

It was the first time in German history that a president has resigned, the government-funded Deutsche Welle news agency reported.

Koehler said May 22 upon his return from a trip to Afghanistan that "in emergencies, military intervention is necessary to uphold our interests, like for example free trade routes, for example to prevent regional instabilities which could have a negative impact on our chances in terms of trade, jobs and income."

here is where it really going IMHO

Chris Mathews
www.businessandmedia.org...
“Mr. President, I want to see the boot on the neck of BP tonight. I want to see some finger-pointing whether it's in your personality or not and it's OK tonight to act kind of like a dictator and call the shots saying this is the way it's going to be. ”

But he used that rhetoric not once, but twice in this broadcast. In a later segment interviewing Rep. Dennis Kucinich, he raised the point again that perhaps Obama should act like a dictator. [Emphasis added]

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Danbones]

top topics

join