It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

African doctor’s anti-rape condom has teeth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
www.time.com...

South Africans received a horrifying measure of just how bad their country's rape crisis is with the release this week of a study in which more than a quarter of men admitted to having raped, and 46% of those said that they had raped more than once.
Gender advocates say that the 2006 rape trial of prominent politician Jacob Zuma was incredibly damaging to their cause. Zuma, who was elected President this year, was tried and acquitted of raping an HIV-positive family friend. He told the court that the woman had dressed provocatively, in a traditional wrap-around kanga, and that it was against Zulu culture for a man to leave a sexually aroused woman unsatisfied.

www.irinnews.org...

ipsnews.net...

The horrific levels of sexual violence in South Africa have been well documented and publicised. According to police statistics, 36,190 rapes and attempted rapes were reported to the South African Police Service (SAPS) between April and December 2007.

blogs.reuters.com... pidemic/

She was eight years old and playing hide-and-seek at a cousin’s house when another distant relative, who was about 15 at the time, convinced her to hide behind the couch with him. He then lay on top of her, pressing down hard on her small frame. He lifted her skirt and entered her, says Ntontlo. “I was crying, but he slapped me and threatened to beat me more.”

www.digitaljournal.com...

Gang rape -- jackrolling -- has become a youth-cult in South Africa. The thousands of armed youth gangs in the sprawling township of Soweto near Johannesburg have just one aim: to impregnate every woman under age 26. They form hunting packs to find their victims each night. 380,000 women raped in South Africa each year One of the main reasons why HIV-AIDS is at such a high level in South Africa, with some 6-million people now infected with the human-immune-deficiency virus which leads to deadly AIDS, is rape. One in every four South African females of all races and ages, even the smallest babies, will experience rape at least once; 380,000 cases of rapes are REPORTED annually in South Africa. The reported rape cases in South Africa are the highest in the world.

You know, i could go on and on and on. But for you GUYS that laugh make fun, enter this world of total bestiality and depravity. Enter as a young girl who is more likely to get raped than survive to 21.

Come laugh at this, and see immediately your own fears and prejudices and hates. Sick people laugh at this.

This is the first, and so far ONLY measure available to these girls. MERCY is when the man agrees to put a condom on before continuing to violently rape her.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Who’s laughing? It’s a crap idea, pointing that out is not denying the problem or the suffering that is caused. And “GUYS” aren’t the only ones criticising it.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

As you seem to be a resident there, your opinion carries more weight with me. I can't imagine living in that sort of environment and I applaud your bravery.

Correct me if I'm mistaken but isn't Africa mainly a Moslem country? If so, how do you feel that factors into the issue of rape in your country? Surely, it hasn't always been so violent against women else how would women have survived to the present day?

I, for one, appreciate you weighing in on such a controversial topic.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This is a great idea. Its certainly better than nothing. I haven't seen anyone recommend a better one. When you have a 25% chance of being raped, I dont see how this is a bad idea at all. I mean maybe this would seem like a bad idea to some of you people who don't have a 25% chance of being raped in your country. Put yourself in the woman's shoes that is so likely to get raped.

Forced sterilization is a horrible idea. People that want to do things like that are the reason that Hitler was able to forcibly sterilize the Jewish people and the mentally handicapped.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Africa is a continent. The country of South Africa is predominantly Christian, only 1.5% Muslim

www.cia.gov...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
none of that would be happening if they all carried a gun.

GUNS ARE GOOD

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Thanks for the clarification on religious statitstics.

These Rapex devices require an "applicator" to use and remove. I didn't see any information about whether they were washable/re-usable.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

Africa is a continent. The country of South Africa is predominantly Christian, only 1.5% Muslim

www.cia.gov...

Thanks, no we're not muslim. In fact, they're quite aware of their minority status. We're a multi ethnic society, unfortunately it's the stupid ones who are in charge.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Good post whitewave.

Most of us sitting here in our safe & secure homes have no idea how other women have to live.

I had a sleep study done several years ago. The sleep tech was a young, pregnant woman, around 8-9 months along.

I asked her if this would be her first child. Love talking to a brand new mom to be, the wonders of your first baby, one of the happiest events in any woman's life.

Her eyes welded up in tears and the grief that came over her face will haunt me for the rest of my life.

She replied, "No, I had a son, a beautiful little boy. One night the soldiers came in and one held him up by his little ankle and killed him".

I live in America and if anyone broke into my home I know I could call the police and have them here to protect me within two minutes.

Most of us here on ATS live in civilized countries, we are safer than many other less fortunate people that just had the bum luck of being born in a "uncivilized" country.

My heart goes out to her, I can't imagine what it would be like to see your baby killed in front of you.

She told me "there is no law over there. Many men wreck havoc on the women and children over there and Nigeria is a hell on earth, thank God for America".

She said she will never go back there, she would rather die first.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

In all respect, I could see my ex daughter in law doing something like this.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

Yes we have a lot of stupid greedy ones in charge over here as well.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join