It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children's life records to be tracked from birth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Children's life records to be tracked from birth

www.adelaidenow.com.au...

EVERY South Australian child will be tracked by the Education Department from birth until the age of eight using a data-sharing system to identify children in need and improve their development.

Individual children will be tracked by collating information from peri-natal statistics, emergency department records, school census data and dental and child health records.

The data will be used to compare how characteristics such as low birth weight, having a disability, growing up in a single-parent household or a low-income household, or using particular drugs, affects a child's education a
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10/6/2010 by bkaust]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
This doesn't sit right with me, they want it rolled out nationally too.

How are we supposed to believe it stops taking data at age 8 as well? especially when they add:
"however the Education Department has not ruled out increasing the age level for future research projects"

So far 61.59% said it is an invasion of privacy, 30.87% said no and 7.54% said uncertain. Although i hope the 'yes' goes up more soon!

What do you guys think? I never noticed until recently how much Australians privacy is disappearing VERY quickly. :/

www.adelaidenow.com.au...
(visit the link for the full news article)

(edited both because for some reason the link didn't work initially - fixed now)

[edit on 10/6/2010 by bkaust]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
61.65% say yes now.

It's easy to see how they're buttering people up for the chip. The headline of today's paper was "Barcode Babies".

I think there will be some protest over this.

[edit on 10/6/10 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
61.65% say yes now.

It's easy to see how they're buttering people up for the chip. The headline of today's paper was "Barcode Babies".

I think there will be some protest over this.

[edit on 10/6/10 by NuclearPaul]

I hope there's A LOT of protest over this! It really bugs me that reading some of the newspaper comments on issues similar to this, how many people are so willing to just go along with anything and everything, kind of like doctor/government/anyone else knows best so we should just shut up and go along with it! Very disheartening!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I really fear for my Australian friends right now. Tyranny is developing there much faster than it is here in the States, though here it is coming just as surely.

top topics

join