It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens Didn't Visit Our Ancestors

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Found this interesting article in which it states that , " Aliens Didn't Visit Our Ancestors " .

Seeing how often the other side of this coin is talked about i.e.. ancient aliens , I thought it would be interesting to post this editorial arguing against the ancient alien tail to get your opinion on the matter .

The modern New Age movement is filled with myths and theories about aliens visiting Earth, but the writings of the founders of this movement, H.P. Blavatsky and the Theosophists, are based on Hindu- and eastern mythology. They refer to "the Great White Brotherhood" not aliens.

The Great White Brotherhood were spiritually advanced humans, not aliens. The Asuras, Devas and other deities in the ancient texts are actually of Rishi-lineages, and so human. en.wikipedia.org...

In fact, most of the ancient mythical deities are ancient god-kings and their lineages. It is the (relatively) modern spirituality (Abrahamic religions) that has replaced the 'ancestor spirits' of shamanism etc. with mythical god(s) and angels. en.wikipedia.org...

The myths that aliens visited our ancient ancestors, teaching them astronomy and about the cosmos, or even "seeding" humanity to this planet, are promoted by many New Age groups and UFOlogists like Zachariah Sitchin. They are a result of pseudo-science; twisted translations and interpretations of texts and art.

There is clear evidence in ancient texts that tells us these "aliens visited Earth" theories are wrong.

In Ancient cosmology, the cosmos was analyzed from human-perspective, from the earth looking out. (See "The Scientific Facts" below)

The Rockefeller sponsored, UN-promoted New Age movement's dogma of A.A. Bailey's Great White Brotherhood with it's 'head of The Hierarchy', Sanat Kumara, coming to planet Earth from the "etheric planes of the Venus millions of years ago", is also just brain washing propaganda by the so called Illuminati.

If there were some other planetary entities communicating to humanity, I'm sure the information on the "science of cosmos" would be closer to now known facts.

So, whether the "spirit world" was/is in contact with humanity or not, all the ancient knowledge is in form; "from human"-perspective and not in a perspective of an "outsider".

So from this, it's quite safe to conclude that no true Creator or "planetary outsider" spirit-entity has ever taught humanity about the cosmos or how to behave here. Nor is there any evidence that aliens have ever visited our planet.

..But we do have evidence that the so called "flying saucer" is an invention of Nikola Tesla, based on scientific research and discoveries of Lord Kelvin, H. A. Rowland, Edwin Hall and many others.

Basis of Tesla's electromagnetic-propulsion system and Free Energy-inventions was the "cosmos filling aether", which was already the basis for theories of René Descartes (1596--1650).

THE ATLANTIS MYTH

When you look at a world map and "piece" all the continents together, you'll see there are no pieces missing.

Atlantis was an island (later continent) in Atlantic Ocean according to the tales. Forests under the Antarctic ice cap has got nothing to do with Atlantis. The Antarctic land mass is actually a piece of land which was attached to Africa-Australia.

It is quite usual for pseudo-scientist to steer the myth to other areas of the world ..so that they are still right with their theories and can keep selling books and dvds ..and can't be debunked so easily.

Land rises and sinks "all the time". There is lots of built land sunken in the waters, and there might have been a small island that sunk in the ocean how Plato writes about it, but there is no missing continent between Americas and Africa & Europe, where New Agers and "channeled material" tell us they discovered atomic power and/or anti-gravity technology ...or from where the Meso-american people migrated to American continent before it sunk, like some of the New Age myths go.

-------------
A site showing the errors in Zachariah Sitchin's work www.sitchiniswrong.com...

A site debunking the UFOlogists' interpretation of art sprezzatura.it...

The scientific facts:

Ancient astronomers noted how certain lights, the other planets, moved across the sky in peculiar ways to the stars in the background. They called these objects Asteres Planetai, "Wandering Stars", the Greek word, 'planētēs' meaning 'wanderer'.

Also in other cultures the planets were thought to be "stars", and not only in "western" cultures.

In Far East the word 'star' is attached to the planets' names. In Japanese Venus is called 'kinsei', Metal Star. In Vietnam it is also named Metal Star, 'Sao Kim', planet Mars being called 'Sao Hoa', Fire Star, the word 'Sao' meaning 'star'.

For the Maya peoples, Venus was called 'Noh Ek', Great Star, or 'Chak Ek', Red (great) Star, the word 'Ek' meaning 'star'.

The shape of celestial bodies

In Hindu texts the other planets of our solar system are called 'chakras', 'wheels' ..not spheres. So the theories that Hindu gods and kings flew in space, or that humanity once lived on the moon or on planet Venus cannot be true, otherwise the celestial bodies wouldn't have thought to be 'wheels'.

Many ancient cultures like the Egyptian and Mesopotamian had a Flat Earth-disk cosmology, where the universe was formed by planes/disks on top of each other. This cosmology is also presented in the bible.

..and the Atlantis myths? When you look at a world map and "piece" all the continents together, you'll see there are no pieces missing.

original report

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
they should of watch ancient aliens again

piece" all the continents together, you'll see there are no pieces missing?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I don't really know whether aliens did or didn't visit us. Neither I do not know whether there is some kind of "hierarchy" called White Brotherhood. In fact, I don't really care either.

But I have to comment on this thread, because both stances of the fence (Aliens vs. Spirtually superior beings) might as well be fantasy, both being part of "new age" doctrine, meant to hold hopes of people up in believing in something better than the daily life. Religions, beliefs in aliens visiting us to white brotherhood may all be just psychological delusions of something totally distinct.

To me, all this believing and the will to believe in anything is signal of discontent towards our daily existence. Those people are not satisfied with themselves nor the reality they are experiencing. Quite probably they are merely escapists in extraverted world.

But then again, I don't regard it imposible that there may be aliens visiting us, or lodge of white brotherhood - they exists, at least in our imagination. But I may know only when I see - otherwise there ain't evidence compelling enough it would make me believe. I've read both Sitchin and Alice Bailey, I've read wide range of alchemical and esoterical literature including Paracelcus and Blavatsky, yet I am quite convinced (including my own experiences) that it is all just psychology - day dreaming of bored and unsatisfied mind, yet it is real in the sense that it is all within us.

Go figure.

-v

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Another proof that our ancestors are far from idiots

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
One reason I dont belive in the ancient alien theory is that if such advanced beings from another world came to earth to teach us why didnt they teach us better medicene or how to build sewers or other practical stuff in sted you want us to belive that a race of inteligent beings from outer space came to earth and thought us how to build usless pyrimids out of huge stone blocks ( unless they were art students from outer space coz only athey would be so stupid ) honestly ask you self if you could go to another planet ( that was like earth thousands of years ago)and help its people improve there lives and technology what would you do

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Earth is the 'silent planet'...
...we have never been visited by aliens, nor will we be.

Watchers whose role was to protect and 'watch over' us...
...corrupted the genetics of our ancestors...
...as an attempt to overwhelm the 'seed of men'.

The whole history of humanity is a description of this struggle...
...and 'aliens' when they arrive will only be these fallen Watchers continuing their agenda...
...to corrupt and destroy true humanity.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

Sorry - but millions of UFO witnesses, tens of thousands of abduction accounts, and tens of thousands of pieces of artwork, all three dating back as far as we can look, has nothing to do with discontent in daily life. It's about evidence - and the massive struggle to make sense of what we do have, as well as uncovering more.

The article above doesn't really say anything. It just rehashes the general consensus of history as per 50 years ago. It doesn't address even a single point raised by the researchers he claims to be refuting. I suppose it may have the effect of reinvigorating debate, but only because it was so poorly constructed.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
H.P. Blavatsky ?
oh boy, thats a source
remember that skit that Carson used to do with the turban..
guess the guestion?
read the vedas
ps is god from earth?
no heaven is up there some where
then if he ever shows up here he will be an alien

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

www.crystalinks.com...

How can you deny the countless examples of cave drawings, ancient writings, works of art that depict ufo's and alien-like creatures?
Blavatsky, Stitchen, Hancock and others merely interpretated their
findings through studying ancient writings such as the Vedas and
Sumerian texts, etc.

IMO the new age movement made many of us open our eyes to the
hypocrisy of mainstream organized religions. If anything, it was the
fundamentalists who sought to demonize (pun intended) the new age
movement to further their agenda of control and money making
endeavors.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

The countless paintings and eye-witness testimonies count next to zero. There are innumerable amount paintings of god(s) (from various religions), eye witness testimonies and even organized religions, yet there is no such divine creatures nowhere to be seen.

There are millions of novels, storybooks, fairytales - all describing varous fantasies that some or many people around the world swear to be true; do you believe all that as well?

There's mostly three sources I can believe in: my left and right eye and my reasoning which often is based on the testimony of the two mentioned first. I also did say in my initial post that I don't deny the possibility of either case - I just don't believe in them. I do suspect that beings exists in other starsystems, it's a propability. But them coming down to earth, or some spiritual invisible university guiding the events of the world
Sorry, road ahead closed until I see and experience either these things myself.

To me, as I have failed to perveive either of mentioned phenomenas (aliens or brotherhood), the psychological explanation wields most credibility - so far. My stance to these things are purely "agnostic" - I don't believe in them by the amount of "evidence" people are contributing to support their theories. I have no reason to. I am content with this life I am living. It is beatiful and interesting enough without aliens, gods or spiritual brotherhoods. Call me profane, it'll be mostly justified.

-v

[edit on 10-6-2010 by v01i0]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Nice find op. Even though I'm a fan of the AA theory, I am a bigger fan of TRUTH. I have to say you are really going to touch a nerve with this one. I think a lot of people here will not see this article for the information it presents but as a springboard to argue whatever point they want to disagree with or want to believe.

Just as AA theory really pisses off Christians and religious types, this kind of information will anger believers of this theory, because they are one and the same, believers. But for some reason everyone always thinks they are right and when you try to present information using reason and intelligence you are usually received with deceit.

Keep fighting the good fight. S&F

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
well, maybe they didn't visit our World in the past, that doesn't necessarily mean they don't exist.

Maybe Aliens of different species are all bound by one Universal law, a rule that no species shall ever interfere with a Planets natural inhabitants, if they do, they will be cast down........ like fallen Angels?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I do believe ancient peoples were visited by aliens from other planets, and it is possible there was even contact between them. I also believe there was a very ancient sea faring type peoples that predate 12,000 years ago. The idea is to look for evidence to support these theories, and not just debunk them.

It is easy to ignore the questions posed by the likes of Zecharia Sitchin and Erich von Daniken, but it is another thing to resort to ignoring it all together.

The stuff presented is not the other side of the coin, but the mainstream treatment of any questions or thoughts outside their cozy little box.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucifersjester

The idea is that ancient astronauts did not build the monuments, but possibly gave knowledge on how to complete such things. Also, there are many threads here (some recent) on ancient Egyptians and Romans on their rather advanced knowledge of surgical procedures.

Plumbing and sewage systems were found in ancient Crete ruins, which shows the ancients had much knowledge about such systems.

Were the Ancients advanced enough that extraterrestrials might have decided they were ready for contact? That is another question that needs further exploration.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
i'm not at all sold on the ideas of Stitchin and theosophy is one of the very few religious idealizations that i have looked into from the POV of just wanting to know about as much as i can, in regard to spiritual philosophies throughout the world and history.

i don't know why, but theosophy has not yet spurred my curiosity or interest.
Stitchin is full of holes as afar as what has been established by modern archeaology as well as he confesses a sort of grudge toward the Jewish God, which in my estimation, clouds his objectivity more than a little.

HOWEVER, there is obviously something to the whole UFO phenomenon, which, as mentioned already, is not just of modern times.

i think it is our ancestors - time travelers!

i have a few good reasons for thinking this but i just want to get some reactions, first, to that statement.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Yes because remember guys, all those cave paintings, mini statues, and writings of gods from the skies are not real! They all got a little drunk and made it all up, they thought it would be a good joke. [Sarcasm mode off] How do you explain the stone granite Egyptian coffin, which is cut so precisly and smooth even our lasers cant do it.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
First off, stop listening to organized cults and religions. They ALL have an agenda.

Look within to find the truth. Sometimes one has to close their eyes to see.

That's all you need.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
Found this interesting article in which it states that , " Aliens Didn't Visit Our Ancestors " .

Seeing how often the other side of this coin is talked about i.e.. ancient aliens , I thought it would be interesting to post this editorial arguing against the ancient alien tail to get your opinion on the matter .

The modern New Age movement is filled with myths and theories about aliens visiting Earth, but the writings of the founders of this movement, H.P. Blavatsky and the Theosophists, are based on Hindu- and eastern mythology. They refer to "the Great White Brotherhood" not aliens.

The whole argument here is based on this assumption above. That all people who are labeled as New Agers and promote Ancient Aliens must be have based their conclusions on the writings of these people concerning "the Great White Brotherhood" .

That is where that whole argument falls apart. I have read many books from people who believe in Ancient Aliens and none of them are part of this New Age Movement or allude to any information about this "the Great White Brotherhood".

They base their findings on recent archeological evidence.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I for one find the idea of ancient aliens visting earth in the past and teaching our ancestors how to farm and such an insult to our ancestors. There are alot of people out there that do not give our early ancestors enough credit and think they started out dumb as a bag of hammers.
There were groups of people or "Tribes" in the ancient past that had varying intellect, some were extremely intelligent to simple hunter-gatherers. Some lived in huge cities with technology and some in very simple huts made out of straw and mud. Its the same today most of the worlds population are in big cities and enjoy todays technology, where some like in Africa and South America and other places around the world still live in the jungle or rainforest still wearing animal skins and hunt for food.
True history of this planet and its inhabitants have been cluttered by millenia of myths, legends and lies. Not to mention people in positions of power that with hold the truth from the public because it contradicts what they want history to be.
Hopefully Dec. 21, 2012 will be the beginning of the Age of Wisdom where we learn true history and not what were told by those in power.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I too am not thrilled to see such a term as the " Brotherhood " used as it has been in this OP report . But having said that wether or not we like it there was a " religious " overture to the AA story .

Remember those who had the knowledge used that knowledge based on there religious beliefs to tell stories , set tradition and create the things that we now speculate over .

Let us also remember that first picture " we " ever saw of a " Grey " was depicted by Alester Crowly when he drew some god named Lam , once again we see a Religious involvement perhaps setting a tone ?

new topics

<<   2 >>

join