It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is coming out of the oil well? Is this fire?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I just caught this on WRH. I watched the video and it definitely appears to be "flames".

Uhhh....Houston do we have a problem? Is there any alternative explanation?

I tried doing the YouTube number, but I guess I suck at that method.

Pay attention to the 0:40 second mark in the video. That does not look like an optical illusion to me. That looks like a flame ball.

Is it mixing with gas? If the flames are coming out while under that much pressure, what does that say about what is going on underneath. I don't know much about Geology so I was thinking someone more knowledgeable could chime in.

Here's the LINK

www.youtube.com...

Also, I checked if someone made a thread about this and found NOTHING through search. So sue me if there is one.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Prove_It_NOW]

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Prove_It_NOW]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
If you watch the skandi rov2 long enough you will see that it is the PAINT on the pipe causing the illusion. It sure does look like flame sometimes, but as you watch, the shape of the pipe and scratches on it reveal themselves.

ETA: There is at least one other thread about the same topic. I am just feeling to lazy to look for it.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by sporkmonster]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sporkmonster

I just can't wrap my head around it being an optical illusion caused by paint on a pipe in the background. They literally appear like almost every fireball I've seen. That's one hell of an optical illusion then.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I vote flamage.

Consider it 2nded.

S&F

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I was not sure for a while about it being the pipe. As I watched and watched, (a couple days ago,) I wondered if that was from dispersant mixing with oil. It seemed like it at first. I seen the dispersant wand of skandi 1 on the left side of the screen from the view of skandi 2. But in the end I saw enough of the pipe enough times to make out its shape and the scratches on it.

Look at a scratch on it and watch it. As it reappears you should view the 'fire' in a different light.

Respectfully,
SM

ETA: I could be wholly wrong as well. Though fire is one of the last things I would suspect is at this wellhead. The fire triangle does not hold up well under those conditions. Maybe it is other minerals coming up with the oil.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by sporkmonster]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sporkmonster

I agree. It's yellow paint.

top topics

join