It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creatures that bigger than blue whale

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

You have offered very little evidence to suggest that these large colonies are the result of only budding. Also, I do not consider colonies to be a single organism. Thus tunicates are not the largest organisms.

Do you have any evidence for the size of colonies due solely to asexual reproduction?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
the LARGEST living 'thing' on planet earth is the white aspen tree colony in Utah's Uintah mountains, which are in fact the base of the rocky mnts.

All the roots of these trees are intricately connected and once cut away from the group they quickly die.....the best way to be able to have such trees in your yard is to buy one growing in a pot from a nursery....when you try and take a wild one they do not make it.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

I have never heard before that the trees die when separated from the group.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Maybe these dinosaurs where bigger than the blue whale

Largest Dinosaurs ever

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sassyncute

These dinosaurs have been mentioned before in this thread. The issue here is more by what is meant by size than anything else. If size is longest length, then there are other animals that are longer. A marine worm was mentioned. If weight is the meaning of size, then the blue whale is the winner. Most of the length of the dinosaur and marine worm are not the massive body of a whale.

Regardless of which way size is interpreted all of these animals are stunning.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by faceoff85
the behemoth... leviathan... these are biblical creatures and There is this theory that behind mount sinai there are the remains of a behemoth...

Greetings! New member here. I read that you said there is a supposed theory of a behemoth on Mt. Sinai? Wow, this is news to me! Is there a name for this theory? How did this theory come about and when? Please do tell
Do you have any links or news reports regarding this?

Thanks for your time

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by faceoff85
the behemoth... leviathan... these are biblical creatures and There is this theory that behind mount sinai there are the remains of a behemoth...

The Behemoth (a.k.a. Mokele-mbembe) may be pretty big, but not bigger than a blue whale. If it is true that it is some type of sauropod, then it would be a lot bigger than any mammal known, but smaller then the blue.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

I do believe that there could be a creature bigger than the blue whale. But one thing's for sure: It lives in the ocean. Seeing that we know more about our moon then our oceans, there are defiantly animals we have yet to discover - who says some of these animals aren't giants?

I say they couldn't be land-dwelling animals because I'm pretty sure people would at least be hot on the trail of it by now. It's just that there is so less land than water, so it would have a hard time trying to find somewhere to hide where virtually no people would see it.

What this creature could possibly be, I'm not sure. Prehistoric beast? Mutant? Extraterrestrial? Modern animal we just haven't discovered yet? Who knows...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

You are correct and I apologize for not really checking correctly. But to my defense it was 3 am and I have a 15 hours flight just before.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sassyncute

I was commending you on your material. It was well done. Thanks for the excellent links. I enjoyed seeing them.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
We really do know more about the Moon than we do our own backyard.

It honestly would not surprise me a single bit if something was in our oceans that was epic in sheer size. Something straight out of a horror movie. Something that Godzilla would fight in his movies.

We really do need to spend money on investigating our oceans more. I'd rather spend money on ocean exploration projects than spending money on Mars/Moon projects. I mean, if something extraordinary was living in your backyard wouldnt you want to know about it? So why spend money in someones elses backyard when you dont know every nook and cranny in your own?

Its mind boggling really.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by CheapShotArtist]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join