It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in terrorism?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
In short I believe that terrorism does exist, and that the terrorist organisation known as Al-Qa’ida does exist. I would also point out that it also my belief based on my extensive knowledge of the group that has always existed and operated independently of any American intelligence service.

Thanks for the common sense answer, Other. I'm probably one of the older people here on the board and I grew up all during the time when Islamic fundamentalists were hijacking planes, shooting up airports, and an occasional Olympics massacre, so claiming that terrorism "doesn't exist" is as inane as it gets.

Of course, what you're saying isn't what the truthers want to believe. This must mean you're really a secret government agent posting disinformation. Of course.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

The biggest flaw in the truthers argument is history, you cannot deny history.

Even though some will try to create their own version of revisionist history to fit in nicely with their paradoxical theories and flame those who try to correct the error of their ways.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
i have seen the govt in action i have slso watch the human in action the most we ever do is lute, and tear down the city but we never have global power nuclear bomb weapons in general comes from the secret govt regular humans dont make that stuff so they dont and even when they buy it they can get far so humans are not terroist.......some of us my be gangs who go around causing terror but better believe if that gang has any power the govt is behind it

so i dnt bleave in torroist theres no logic too it

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by starsystem3

You do realise that makes absolutely no sense right. The word “terrorist” is defined by the state not by an international body or individuals who like to cherry pick their laws. Under UK law for example the terrorism act 2000 under part 1 section 1: b states that terrorism can mean “the use or threat is designed to influence the government [F1or an international governmental organisation] or to intimidate the public or a section of the public,” and as such anyone who falls fowl of this law is therefore a terrorist under this definition. I would like to be clear that the terrorism act 2000 and its various amendments and subsequent relevant terrorism legislation is very complex and extensive. The legislation does go on to expand on this definition and the aforementioned quote only incorporates a section of the UK definition of “Terrorism”. Other states will have other definitions under their own laws regarding the criminality of terrorism and their own unique definitions what constitutes “terrorism” in one state is different in another.

How can you not believe in terrorism when terrorism is a crime defined by the state much in the same way as fraud, you believe in the existence of fraud. Of course there is logic to the existence of terrorism, you may not understand that logic but its existence is logical, even without the backing of states.

Your post makes no sense to me.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

So according to UK law, those guys who crashed into the twin towers as revenge for a dope deal gone bad were not terrorists because they did not seek to influence anyone. By UK law, the worst terrorists can't even be called terrorists. Revenge is not a political agenda.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

The term Al Qaeda was originally coined by the BBC. If you want to see the real terrorists look at the big western governments... They are the ones supporting illegal wars, torturing people and selling arms around the world to destabilize governments.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

The definition of terrorism as set out under the terrorism act 2000 does go on to expand on the definition as I pointed out in my post the legislation covering terrorism in the UK is rather complex, there are numerous amendments to this act and subsequent acts relating to terrorism in the UK. As such under UK law the events of 9/11 do qualify as terrorist attacks, if you had bothered to properly read my post you would have saw that.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
For those conspiracy loons who refuse to believe in terrorism, here is update on case of 2 men caught last
year planning to join terrorist goup

www.northjersey.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
any one can cause terror but no human can be a terroist,

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Of course i believe that there is an organized group of terrorist which are involved in doing such heinous crimes that don't even deserve mercy. But i am not sure how much of their involvement in 9/11 is true. It still doesn't denies their activities in other parts of the world which led to many death and human losses.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by adriellemartin

their is only two types of terroist the police and the military, they are them main terroist working for the govt they not working for themselves, so humans are not terroist the head honcho is govt itself

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by starsystem3
i have seen the govt in action i have slso watch the human in action the most we ever do is lute, and tear down the city but we never have global power nuclear bomb weapons in general comes from the secret govt regular humans dont make that stuff so they dont and even when they buy it they can get far so humans are not terroist.......some of us my be gangs who go around causing terror but better believe if that gang has any power the govt is behind it

so i dnt bleave in torroist theres no logic too it

When the heck did religious zealotry have anything to do with logic? It's nothing more than an argument over who has the better invisible friend.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
so would you want to control other humans and make them work for money>?
if you had a choice to live anyway you wanted to live would you have them build things for you ??
or would you live free and in harmony ? and share this planet with everyone who wanted to build their own things>?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by starsystem3
so would you want to control other humans and make them work for money>?
if you had a choice to live anyway you wanted to live would you have them build things for you ??
or would you live free and in harmony ? and share this planet with everyone who wanted to build their own things>?

Why would I not be able to live free and in in harmony by having people build things for me? I don't know how to build a microwave oven and yet I'm still happy from having one.

..so this is relevent to whether we believe in terrorism HOW, exactly?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I believe in terrorism.

The only difference between al Qaeda and the Pentagon is their budgets.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by hooper

Originally posted by GovtFlu
When I was a kid the big bad unreasonably evil boogie man who wanted to kill American kids, soccer moms, kittens and wet nose puppies was the infamous "commie".. "red menace", dad-gum "soviets".

Once the "reds" were gone,the shadowy overlords needed a new omnipresent foe to keep the military industrial complex fed and keep the sheep scared: "terrorists"... enter Americas Reichstag and introduction to the new enemy.

It's all fake, transparently so.

So basically, there are no bad guys in the whole world or the history of the world except for the government of the United States of America and Lockheed Martin Corp who have been engaged in a multi-decades long deception creating entire political states all to the purpose of making 10 cents on the American Taxpayer dollar producing fighter planes. Is that just a wee bit of a stretch?

The "bad guys" are leaders of governments who talk people into needlessly killing / hating strangers. It's a stale old tactic.. only the name of the boogie-man has changed.. barbarians, jews, commies, terrorists.. blah blah..

Modern day terrorists are nothing but people wiling to violently oppose DC mafia / 4th Reich oligarchs.. these strangers have literally no reason to hate you or me, they.. have every reason to hate the death, misery and meddling policies so called "leaders" in DC exported that directly affectes their well-being.

You'd be pissed if chinas cia overthrew your nations democratically elected president installing a subservient puppet... subjecting you & your loved ones to draconian laws / rules that insured the prosthetic "leaders" rule...(Operation Ajax?) or if north koreas "lil kim' lied his midget ass-off to invade your neighborhood after reducing it to pablum along with scores of people you know..

Walk a mile in an iraqi/afghanis shoes..

US govt, like many many others before them, create angry people, the infamous "bad guys" de-jure.. its good for elitists class bottom line and keeps the sheep on edge.
edit on 30-11-2011 by GovtFlu because: spelling

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
In the Star Wars movies the rebels were the good guys.

In todays world we would call them terrorists !!!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join