It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in terrorism?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Of course people have killed people to make a political point before, but do you believe there actually is an organized group called "Al Qaeda" that caused 9/11 and wants to destroy the United States? or is it just made up?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

This ones probably going to RATS. But it is partially made up. That is why people get tortured.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12

This ones probably going to RATS. But it is partially made up. That is why people get tortured.

I hope not, I think it is an important thread.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   

How about you focus on one or the other. Do you believe in terrorism (obviously everyone will, it happens), do you believe Al Qaeda exists, or do you believe Al Qaeda actually committed 9/11. Topic is too broad, not at all thought out and in my opinion should focus on one of the three. Or you could use the search function.

link   

Well they gotta get those guys to blow themselves up somehow.

It really isn't martydom. Muslims are pitted against Christians in an attempt to make both sides weak.

link   

Well the short answer would be NO.....

How many have died in the west from SOCALLED terrorism?
How much MONEY has been spent to fight it?
How many rights have we lost to protect us?

The sums don't add up...

I have more chance of being hit by lightning than dieing from a terrorist attack..

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

I would agree that the odds of a U.S. citizen dieing in a terrorist attack are very slim, but that does not mean terrorism does not exist.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
i believe that most terrorist groups are made up and fake ... funded by the govermnent. recently i've found out a lot of the footage of Hammas rockets are all CGI animation...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

Of course it does, but I think the OP means the ones made up by our goverments.. We all know they are, hell they financed most of them!!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
But who founded the Al-Qaeda?

Operation Cyclone

Operation Cyclone was the code name for the United States Central Intelligence Agency program to arm the Afghan mujahideen during the Soviet war in Afghanistan, 1979 to 1989.

Operation Cyclone is one of the longest and most expensive covert CIA operations ever undertaken
funding began with $20-30 million per year in 1980 and rose to $630 million per year in 1987.

Operation cyclone

So should we brand the Al-Qaeda as terrorists?, Are the U.S also terrorists for funding them and creating tension in Africa/South America/Middle east and Asia?...Well imo its difficult to tell who the terrorists are because this word has been overused in the explaination of every petty attack in the last decade.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

Agreed, according to Homeland Security you are a terrorist if you dissagree with the Goverment...

Me, I thought that was a citizen

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

No but they will come over here and kill anything that moves...so play dead.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I better watch what i say on these forums. Could be used against me one day

Terrorism - the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are POLITICAL or RELIGIOUS or IDEOLOGICAL in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear.

I guess that answers your question! make of it what you want.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Most of the anti-american fanatical groups have been found to have been started by American agents. The attempt to locate potential terrorists has helped them organize and act. I think an attempt to create them has also added fuel to the fire.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin
reply to post by virgom129

I would agree that the odds of a U.S. citizen dieing in a terrorist attack are very slim, but that does not mean terrorism does not exist.

agree with you there, in fact you are more likely to be killed by a cop than a terrorist, according to the stats in this video.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
Of course people have killed people to make a political point before, but do you believe there actually is an organized group called "Al Qaeda" that caused 9/11 and wants to destroy the United States? or is it just made up?

Yes, Al Qaida is a terrorist group, but it's not really organized like a monolithic dictatorship. The 9/11 attack was actually planned and organized by Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, but bin Laden had to approve it because he's the one who had the cash to pay for it.

Nor do they want to destroy the united states. He wants the entire west, not just the US, to get out of the mideast so that our values will stop conflicting with theirs. It seems our heretic ideas of drinking liquor, letting women go around in public without being wrapped like mummies, and not murdering homosexuals in the streets is threatening his stone age concept of what makes God happy.

I really don't understand why it's such a radical and unbelievable concept that yes, there really ARE people out there in the world with agendas completely distinct and separate from what the US wants to do. Not everything in the world has to be some CIA plot or another.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Terrorism is an overarching label and mechanism for TPTB to manipulate populations and achieve required political backing for carrying out nefarious wars.

Prior to this.....

The commies are coming

Nuclear War and MAD

Etc Etc

And so on

Apparently after Terrorism has worn itself out the next major "created" threat is an asteroid hitting the earth.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

I believe that Al quadea is a real group because they have attacked several countries or have attempted to attack or hijack planes in several countries. These attacks and hijackings and attempted attacks have happened to several countries (including america) long before 9/11/2001. Rember the previous bombing of the WTC? What if the bomb was bigger and the tower collapsed? Half of us would be yelling CONSPRIACY!

If you don't believe in al qaeda then you also don't believe in extreme islamic fudnamentalists who praise the attacks and hijackings. You don't believe in the fort hood shooter Nidal Hasan. You don't believe in Anwar al-Awlaki. You believe that his website and blog are fake even though you can e-mail the people who post on it. You don't believe the people when the post praises to allah and praising the fort hood shooter and praising the 9/11 attacks. You don't believe in the attempted underwear bomber Umar Abdulmutallab. You don't believe in the attempted shoe bomber Richard Colvin Reid who agreed to spill his guts for a reduced sentence. You also then don't believe in Laskar-e-Taiba. You also believe that hijackings and bombings in other coutries that are found to be linked to extreme islamic fundamentalists are fake. You also don't believe in the attempted car bomber Faisal Shahzad who admitted to trying to set off a car bomb in new york. You also don't believe in Colleen LaRose "Jihad Jane" and her ties to extreme islamic fundamentalists.

So I guess the CIA puts bombs in peoples shoes and underwear and cars. Pays a false flag operative a few million bucks and says here go try to blow this up. It won't blow up. You will confess and say al qaeda did it and then your reward is we will throw you in jail for 40 years. What good is a few million dollars if you're in jail for 40 years?

www.atimes.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I think there is people who want to do others harm all the time, thats why 90% of humans i just call murderers.

But the anglo american empire has made these people go down the road they did, and could of made sure they never.

When the americans set out to absolute destroy countries to radicalize them into hating them, what are they doing.

Disgrace what teh anglo american empire does to destroy others.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join