It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide attack kills 40 at Afghan wedding party

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
KANDAHAR, Afghanistan — A suicide bomb ripped through a wedding party in full swing in the Taliban's heartland in southern Afghanistan, killing at least 40 people and wounding dozens more, officials said Thursday. The blast occurred late Wednesday in a housing compound where men had gathered during the festivities, with female guests at a different house that was not hit, one witness said. Interior Ministry spokesman Zemeri Bashary said children were among the dead and wounded. The family that was attacked included a number of Afghan police officers. The groom's brother and two of his cousins were in the police force, according to another cousin, Mohammad Alkozay. The groom survived the attack, but was injured.

www.google.com...

Visit the link for full news.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
This is very sad. It also makes me wonder if it really was taliban attack or US drone attacks. If they can demolish WTC and get away with it , i'm sure they can get away with anything in middle east. Note that only the place where males were there was bombed. Anyhow its very sad that a celebration turned into a nightmare .
Please give your thoughts.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by chaosinorder

I am horrified because of those deaths.

What can I say about bombers?

I can say this - you will burn in hell forever, you will definitely not go to a nice place.

You will go to an evil place where you are bombed over and over.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Yes i wonder if this is a genocide. Talibans kill civilians, Us drones also do the same. We dont read a lot of talibans getting killed but people getting killed has become too often. LOTs and lots of innocent civilians killed. War on terror is the war on civilians of the middle east. Its i guess a systematic genocide and depopulation.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by chaosinorder

attack kills 40 at Afghan wedding party

...what? Again?

Aug 6, 2009 21 people killed at Afghan wedding

06/08/09: Afghan wedding party hit by bomb blast, 21 killed

third wedding party in Afghanistan to be hit by a U.S. air strike in 2008. "Only a month before, 27 people were killed when a wedding party was bombed near Kandahar."

11/5/2008: U.S. warplanes bombed a wedding party, killing 37 people, including 23 children and 10 women

July 4, 2002: 44 people were killed and 120 wounded in the raid, which villagers said included an attack on a pre-wedding party.

July 2, 2002:: celebrating a wedding ceremony in a private home when suddenly, there was an attack by aircraft.

What's the deal with blowing up Afhgani weddings? It's been happening every couple months for years.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I guess its a sad continuing story. This all happens because of CIA poppy fields there. I meant the war and everything. Innocent people get killed both by talibans and US.

new topics

top topics

join