Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

J-10,from China,I am proud of it

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
But not all American rockets came from copied German ones.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
But not all American rockets came from copied German ones.

This is going way OT, but enlighten me....

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Well we are both getting off topic on this thread but if you say so:

What about the Space Shuttle? Solid Rocket Boosters?

[edit on 6-1-2007 by wildcat]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Dude, you miss the point. Those were derived from earlier rockets that themselves came from captured German Rockets.

Thats like claiming that a indigineously designed Chinese plane (mildly back OT here) means they invented flight all by themselves seperate from the work done by others.... which is false.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The man who I was originally talking about was Wernher von Braun.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Dude, you miss the point. Those were derived from earlier rockets that themselves came from captured German Rockets.

Thats like claiming that a indigineously designed Chinese plane (mildly back OT here) means they invented flight all by themselves seperate from the work done by others.... which is false.

Perhaps why some people think the Chinese copied off of the F-16 is because that J-10 looks exactly like one. When people see something from two different countries that look the same, they typically think that one copied off of the another.

But did I state any beliefs of mine regarding to that particular one? No I did not.

Now can we forget about this little feud and get back on topic?

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   

The man who I was originally talking about was Wernher von Braun.

Yes, the one who was brought to the US under Operation Paperclip and orginally designed the V-1 and V-2.

He was also a war criminal and should have been tried at the Hague. He surrendered to the Us as he thought the Soviets would have him killed and the british would try him as a Nazi war criminal. He used slave Jews in his factories building rockets in appalling conditions and is responsible for many, many deaths.

i know my WW2 stuff

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I think it wouldn't be smart to try and kill him for his crimes when you can use his abilities to develope technology in order to rival your arch enemy, the Soviet Union.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The Soviets would not have killed him but he would not have enjoyed the same freedom, opportunities, power and conditions the US gave him.

Originally posted by stumason

No, but it does mean that they had a certain credible input into the final product, without strictly "copying" from others. Same goes for the US with respect to Nazi rockets or systems we gained during WWII. Otherwise that's like saying all powered aircraft ever produced used stolen technology from the Wright brothers.

Originally posted by OneMyrmidon
Don't ever said that. Its not true. Dang, I'm hoping to get his attention while I'm far off from this post. Five permnant members of U.N. United States of America, Great Britain, Russia, France and China owns and control GPS.

What? That is just plain wrong and I know for sure that you will not be able to back up that statement.

The USAF is the sole owner and operator of the GPS system. They have the ability to outright shut down the civilian signal or degrade it's accuracy overall or only over certain parts of the world without asking anyone for permission. It is offered as a free public service on behalf of the US military, we are the sole payers for it's maintenance and upgrades too.

GPS
DOD GPS

[edit on 6-1-2007 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by popeye0314
2 billion people is a lot of people. Don't poke the sleeping dragon.
Can you even imagine what kind of war machine China could put into motion. They have already bought all of our steel and other resources and have the labor force to triple our military in a matter of months. Not to mention that the chinese are a very intelligent people. For years they have produced goods and shipped them to the U.S. and we have bought everything the could produce. Try finding something at the store thats not made in china. Come on, you guys reading this have to reach to the next level of thinking here. China has already beaten our economy by selling us all this stuff we dont really need and all we do is say "charge it". This is like a big chess game, and we forgot about looking ahead. They have our money. Then we outsourced all the manufacturing jobs to 3rd world countries, try putting an order into china for o-rings to build your next missle after you go to war. O.k., on to missle defense. Missle what? We rely on GPS and the notion that no one has a super sonic missle. Where do you think the GPS components come from? What happens when a nuke is detonated in the atmosphere? No GPS in war with Russia or China. Russia has super sonic missles which means China probably has them too. So, no missle defense in war with Russia or China. The whole nuke thing is a bad deal. So to say we wouldn't be able to defeat China is the wrong question. They have already hurt us, we just haven't admitted it yet. And the tag team combo of Russia and China would be horrific. Anyone who still thinks the U.S. will win by military strength alone has forgotten about the real war of the countries. Do you think the USSR fell because they were attacked?

Actually Chinas population is about 1.4 billion ppl. But lets try to stay on topic here. Lets not start a china versus america thread. Lets try and respect the posters original topic. which is about the J-10

However, with all that said, I cant let the above rubbish go uncontested. China has over 700,000,000 impoverished citizens. An estimated 300,000,000 drink unsafe and contaminated water. These problems coupled with pollution and aids, with pollution causing health problems on a massive scale, and with aids which is spreading all over chinese country side. To be honest, and this is not a knock on china, but China has a long ways to go before they become a 'developed nation'. And what makes you think china would use its entire population to fight a war in the first place? What makes you think the whole of china would want to fight? And what would they fight with? Bamboo sticks? Shovels? Sticks? What? You dont honestly think china could equip there entire population do you? They cant even feed there general population and give them the bare necissitys to live a normal life, let alone be able supply all 1.4 billion of them with weapons. Where would they get all the weapons? How do you know the ppl of china would want to fight a war? How would china supply/resupply that many ppl? How about keep them fed during time of war? Im no general but It wouldnt be hard to go after the supply lines eventually starving china. But you wouldnt be able to supply that many ppl let alone resupply them.

There are alot of problems with your scenario that arnt being taken into account here. And im not saying the US could kick chinas butt or anything. Im not trying to promote a war here unlike some ppl are doing.

In the modern era, numbers do not make a great succesful military. Your scenario would work if we were in the mid-evil-century. Numbers mattered back then. But those days are long gone. In a war with China it would be a bloody war for china. Many in the PLA are malnutritioned and ill equipt with outdated weapons resulting in weapons that dont work. China is advancing on certain levels, yes but they have a long ways to go atleast in military terms to equal that of the US.

And to your outsourcing of american manufactureing. Follow the links in my sig.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
and the usa copied all of germany's rocket projects
does this mean i should be unimpressed with the rocktes of the USA 2 day?

We didn't copy anything, We acquired the engineers and scientists running these programs, after the war, thus making these designs ours =P

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by gastric cancer
I feel sick about your post.

I wonder why you have such a bias aganist China.

Of course we know Tinamen Square.Tanks and guns,blood and death,lots of pictures,right?But ,is the truth kept in your mind the real truth,or acturally you just know part of the truth?

Never say "a government that forces woman to abort their child, and will even stick a needle into the head of a child while it is being born to kill it. "again and again,because I have seen this issue over 10 times in English,traditional Chinese and simplified Chinese.I am a doctor,acturally,I am a surgeon.My major is in Gastric Cancer.So I konw clearly about our own public-health reality.Don't show ignorance of China again!

Welcome to China.Use your own eyes to know China.

My medical English professor,Mr. Davith,he is a pathologist(MD) from U.S.He told us the first time he went to China in 1995,he was very afraid because in his mind Chinese soldier would arrest him without any reason and shoot him because he was a American.After several years living in China,he becomes know more and more about China and Chinese.He is really a good guy with his kindness and knowledge,I respect him.

If you really want to know the truth,using your eyes,not your ears.

video.google.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
J-10 everyone?

btw you cannot arm 2 billion people..
ridiculous..

Interestingly, the official release of the fighter was accompanied by remarks that only 3 other countries were capable of building such fighters;presumably the US,Russia and France..
Seems they gave the UK a cold shoulder and infact belittled the EF Typhoon to an extent!

Also the fighter is said to be better than the Su-27 but worse than the Su-30..

Such precise compartmentalisation indicates that whatever the J-10 has is between the Su27 and 30.
Differences between these two variants in PLAAF are worth looking into now

[edit on 8-1-2007 by Daedalus3]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
holy crap, sure someone was excited when digging up this 3 year-old thread.

someone said J10 looks identical to F16?

how so? J10 uses delta wing design, which is totally different from F16's design. it's more like the rafale or mig1.44's layout.

about borrowing technology, all countries do that (maybe not all)
the US M1 abram uses a tank gun developed by germany, and armor developed by britain. but ppl still consider the abrams indigenous american tanks.
so the same goes for J10.

the chinese developers report that J10 was derived from the original J9 project in the late 60's when delta wing design was thought to be the most advanced design at the time. the project was interrupted many times by political issues, or other wise, would be completed a long time ago, perhaps 10 years earlier, since the j10 project had initially started at the same time as other european delta wing fighters.

[edit on 1/8/2007 by warset]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
ps. the general layout of J10 is more like a 1 engine downsized version of Mig1.44

the expected dual engines version of a possible future J10 variant looks basically idential to mig1.44

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   

If you want to make these claims, then you'd have to dismiss the original Gulf War. America demolished the Iraqi army at its best, and could easily do it again.

do you know how do i think america? america always pick up weak enemy to fight, agree ? no ? prove it, i didn't see any. why you didn't fight soviet union before. tell you what ? even america fear to have a war with North Korea, don't think so, think again...

China really is a joke. They have no chance against America in any type of war, whether it be on the ground, or in the air.

haha... you know what ... i really think you are ''Masturbation using mind'' (i don't know how to say it in english)

China has 1 billion people, but it's not going to matter. The higher concentration of enemy targets, the more that we can kill with a single bomb. With weapons that can blanket an entire area with bullets numbers simply won't matter.

it's no doubt you are smart than Osama bin Laden, why ? because if you were him, you would wait until everyone go into the two building (911), then hit them ...

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   

You think china can sustain the same level of economic growth that it has now? Please. your economy is already going down its not as high as it was years ago. Its only growing this fast now because your doing what other nations did over a span of 50 years in a couple of decades, when you level off its going be a different story.

that's your imagination .... i know ... for you, it's very hard to believe we are growing and so fast ... and I also know, someone is really angry with china's fast growing, and personally, i'm sorry about this.

the things is: whatever you think, you talk, you imagine, china is still growing and that fast ...

yep, i know, we have a lot of problems, but that's the only reason we keep to develop our country and make it better ...

fact is fact, history doesn't lie ... (again, don't know how to say it in english ... but i don't care too much )

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
CIA The World Factbook

USA GDP (purchasing power parity): $12.31 trillion (2005 est.)

China GDP (purchasing power parity): $8.883 trillion (2005 est.)

Japan GDP (purchasing power parity): $4.025 trillion (2005 est.)

cia.gov...&hl=en&gl=ca&ct=clnk&cd=1" target="_blank" class="postlink">Sea rch

www.cia.gov...

cia.gov...

do you believe that? personally i don't, because, normally, i don't believe those things on paper. but it seems it throws some light for us ...

Mod Edit: Link Truncation.

[edit on 11/1/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sino
do you know how do i think america? america always pick up weak enemy to fight, agree ? no ? prove it, i didn't see any. why you didn't fight soviet union before. tell you what ? even america fear to have a war with North Korea, don't think so, think again...

So in other words America is a weak link to you because it fights 'vastly inferior armys'. Exactly what army isnt inferior to Americas?

Have you ever heard of the cold war? America was engaging russia with 'unrestricted warfare'. America did the smart thing and collapsed the russian economy without ever risking an american soldier, without ever having to fire a shot in hostility, thus keeping the world from a nuclear metldown..

haha... you know what ... i really think you are ''Masturbation using mind'' (i don't know how to say it in english)

What? What in the hell are you talking about? You must have something else on the mind/

In a conventional war with the US, china would get its assed handed to it. I am not promoting a war with china. But conventional warfare is where america stands alone.

I feel that China would be a much more effective force if they cut down the PLA. They just have to many ppl in the PLA.

it's no doubt you are smart than Osama bin Laden, why ? because if you were him, you would wait until everyone go into the two building (911), then hit them ...

Well incase you dont know, Osama is running for his life right now. 9/11 was the day osama signed his own death warrant. He cant be to damn smart.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sino
You think china can sustain the same level of economic growth that it has now? Please. your economy is already going down its not as high as it was years ago. Its only growing this fast now because your doing what other nations did over a span of 50 years in a couple of decades, when you level off its going be a different story.

that's your imagination .... i know ... for you, it's very hard to believe we are growing and so fast ... and I also know, someone is really angry with china's fast growing, and personally, i'm sorry about this.

The original poster probably wont be reading what your typing. This is an old thread that was dug up.

Chinas economy is growing fast sure. Thanks in large part to all the slave labor

yep, i know, we have a lot of problems, but that's the only reason we keep to develop our country and make it better ...

I honestly do hope the best for china. They do have good ppl. Hopefully soon enough they will deal away with there cruel and unjust government.

fact is fact, history doesn't lie ... (again, don't know how to say it in english ... but i don't care too much )

Indeed history doesnt lie. Communism will fall sooner rather then later.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def