It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border Patrol Shooting Video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Hope I put this in the right section.

I have located a video of the border shooting. It is from a Spanish show Primer Impacto posted on youtube. I have no sound on my computer so I can't tell you what is being said. Even then, I think the video itself is what everyone should focus on.

I also located an interview from a witness.

URIBE: McDow was a witness to the death of the 14-year-old Mexican boy. He was shot just below the bridge where McDow was standing.

Ms. McDOW: There were some kids that I could tell they were thinking to cross and so I said let's watch them, because it happens quite often and it's kind of a cat and mouse game that they play with immigration.

URIBE: McDow had a bird's eye view of the scene. The Rio Grande River here is nothing more than a muddy river bank flanked by two concrete aprons. Mexicans commonly loiter in this area and sometimes tease Border Patrol agents on the American side.

www.npr.org...

Furthermore, I include another video that seems to be right after the incident. You have Mexican authorities on one side and some border patrol on the other side. Neither side seems to be threatening the other.

BTW, on this one I will only post the link because it shows the body clearer than the first video. The only thing that matters on this video is the first 47 seconds. The rest of the video leads into another issue with border patrol.

www.youtube.com...

Hope more members can provide more material so that we can find out what exactly happened in this shooting.

Please feel free to give your cordial opinion of what was presented.

Questions to ponder

Did the agent have a chance to back up to get out of harms way?

Was the agent surrounded?

Were the Mexicans on US soil?

Why does it look like the agent is moving up instead of back?

[edit on 10-6-2010 by jam321]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
At around 57 seconds in the first video, the guy in the far right hand side seems to be the one that was killed. If you notice he has rolled up jeans and letters on his shirt.

Same as the guy laying on the ground in the second video at 5 seconds. So it does seem the guy was on the US side and ran back to the Mexican side.

Kinda looks like he was trying to get through the fence, but somebody from other side scared him back.

Anyone see anything different from what I am describing?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Really surprised there are no comments on this.

For all the turmoil over it, I thought the least people could do is judge for themselves if what is being said lines up with what you see.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Just happened to be a camera running?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

With all the cameras we have nowadays, I am surprised more videos haven't surfaced.

I'm willing to bet US has cameras in the area as well.

Care to give opinion of what you saw on the video?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I can not wait till this piece of crap Mexican President is out of office.

He is nothing but a two faced dirty little traitor.

I guarantee you the second he is no longer president he will be boarding a plane with all his luggage for his new home the USA.

Thanks for the Video.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

A Juárez teenager shot and killed Monday by a U.S. Border Patrol agent had a history of smuggling immigrants across the border, federal law enforcement officials said Wednesday.

The uproar over the death of Sergio Adrián Hernández Güereca, 15, intensified Wednesday with protests, vigils and an eyewitness video showing the deadly confrontation on the Rio Grande.

www.elpasotimes.com...

I really have to question whether the above is just an attempt to justify the shooting. Regardless of whether the kid was a smuggler or not, the real and only question IMO is if the BP agent shot the kid on the Mexican side?

In early reports, they said the agent was surrounded and they were throwing rocks at him. Is this really the case when you watch the video?

Hope to come across a clearer video.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Quick question here, are we positive it was one of our own border patrol and could it have been a setup? I ask because there was a little drug bust not to long ago where the drug cartel used a truck that was marked as a law enforcement vehicle along with a driver dressed up as a law officer. It was spotted but that shows what these people will do. I am not saying that it wasn't our patrol agent, but i don't think that this type of senario can be overlooked. I guess we are going to have to ride it out til the end til we know for sure. I am just throwing that out there,it does seem plausible. I just find it strange that a camera was there filming this and it was by the video that a person was holding the camera and commenting on the whole situation. To me I think it is a little strange that a border patrol would shoot an unarmed person with knowing that he can get back to the mexican side of the border so easily. I may be wrong but with all the attention on our southern border lately that they would take that big a risk knowing what the backlash would be.Like I said the drug cartels will do just about anything and that also means killing other mexicans to make the US look bad. Just my two cents on this matter.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Eh if the kid wanted to live, he shouldnt have been throwing rocks at a guy with a gun.

Natural selection at work here.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

It is plausible, but the border patrol has confirmed the agent as one of theirs. If I am not mistaking they put him on paid leave until investigation is over.

As for the cameras, early reports said US had footage of the incident. Furthermore, just about everyone has cameras on their phones. So incidents like these being caught on camera is becoming more routine.

Thank you for your reply.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
For some reason cops on bicycles do not command authority. You just want to laugh at them. This gets them very frustrated, until they shoot someone. Then they feel better. Kids can be so stupid. When I was a teenagerI crossed into mexico a mile from that location, just to see if I could do it undetected.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

Your right that the kid shouldn't have been throwing rocks, but the real question is if the agent had authority to shoot across the border?

Thanks for the reply.

Any comments on the video?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by Logarock

With all the cameras we have nowadays, I am surprised more videos haven't surfaced.

I'm willing to bet US has cameras in the area as well.

Care to give opinion of what you saw on the video?

Good point, I bet we have some predator drone footage of the whole thing they'll never show us...

Just my 2 cents-

I spent a day in Juarez about 4 years ago, touring the whole city (business trip). Anyway, the place is a HELL HOLE. People in the slums cover their rooftops with broken bottles, sharp end pointing up, I assumed to either a)catch water or b)injure someone trying to break-in from the roof or c)both!!

Children begging on every street corner. I saw a car wreck happen right in front of us, in a busy intersection. One car was left spinning around on its roof, I swear it was like a stunt in a movie.

I blame those trying to escape this country for not overthrowing their horribly corrupt government (at all levels) that supposedly wants to end the drug cartels but, well, you know the rest...

We have to guard the border, anyone taunting us from right across the line or throwing rocks or whatever is inches from being killed. They know that too - so they choose to take the risk...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The first video is very grainy. It appears that 2 men charge down the concrete bank towards the officer. I can't quite tell if the officer in the white shirt stops the first guy(who drops to his knees) while the second guy runs at the cop, but then goes past him. I think it's the 2nd guy that gets shot under the bridge. However, just before all of this starts, you can see at the top of the frame, another person, running down the bank, becomes obscured behind the bridge, and briefly appears in the middle of the the river.
Was this stampede a distraction to get illegal items across the border?
Were their fireworks going off in the background as a diversion?
All in all, this guy looks pretty big to be 14!
I see in my minds eye, my son when he was 14, and this breaks my heart. I feel for the parents.
Perhaps this tragedy will prevent further fiascoes from happening (but I doubt it)

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Was this stampede a distraction to get illegal items across the border?
Were their fireworks going off in the background as a diversion?

A lot of good questions. Questions we may never know the answers to.

Hopefully, our government releases the evidence it has to help understand what really happened.

Perhaps this tragedy will prevent further fiascoes from happening (but I doubt it

I'm with you on this.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
Just happened to be a camera running?

In the video the reporter says it was shot with a camera phone.

I blame those trying to escape this country for not overthrowing their horribly corrupt government (at all levels) that supposedly wants to end the drug cartels but, well, you know the rest...

Hahaha!! If some people did this they would be called terrorists by the US Government because it would be counterproductive to what the US wants in Mexico. The US has that puppet of a president in Mexico and they like it that way. I defy you to think otherwise. You seriously think the US would back up a coup by the people? If a well educated Mexican like the ones I've spoken to ever got into a leadership position they would cut ties with the US. They would rather work with other Latin American nations. Venezuela for example. Hell, what if they started making deals with Russia. Allow them to put military base in Mexico? Would the US allow that? No this government is happy with that "hell hole" that is Mexico. They like it just fine the way it is. Just like Saddam... you know until they don't like it anymore... then what?

By the way I can clearly hear a lady say "Le estan tirando piedras." Which means "they're throwing rocks at him." So the rock throwing is true. I still think it's a disproportionate use of force, and the officer could have pulled the guy he had detained away from the spot where he was so as to not be injured himself. Hell there were a dozen things he could have done, instead he aimed for the kids head and shot him twice.

Whats worse is that they didn't even try to assist medically. They just left the body lying there on the other side. What human being does that?

[edit on 6/10/2010 by 3vilscript]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 3vilscript

The US has that puppet of a president in Mexico and they like it that way. I defy you to think otherwise. You seriously think the US would back up a coup by the people? If a well educated Mexican like the ones I've spoken to ever got into a leadership position they would cut ties with the US. They would rather work with other Latin American nations. Venezuela for example. Hell, what if they started making deals with Russia. Allow them to put military base in Mexico? Would the US allow that? No this government is happy with that "hell hole" that is Mexico. They like it just fine the way it is. Just like Saddam... you know until they don't like it anymore... then what?

Got to give it to you. You make some good points.

Like I said before, it is a tragic incident and both sides need to cool down.

What is needed is a trnsparent investigation and hopefully there will be one.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I don't get the "they were throwing rocks at him so he's justified" comments. First, from what I can tell in this video, it doesn't really look like any rocks are being thrown at him, at least not any that can easily be seen which indicates they wouldn't do much bodily harm to the agent. Second, this is the ORIGINAL account of what happened:

news.yahoo.com

Simmons said that instead of following directions, the others in the group surrounded the agent and threw rocks at him, which is when he fired his weapon.

It does not appear to me that his is being "surrounded" and pummeled with rocks that put him in imminent danger as the account would suggest. Also:

T.J. Bonner, who heads a union representing Border Patrol agents, told the Associated Press that it's appropriate to answer rocks with bullets. "It is a deadly force encounter," he said. "One that justifies the use of deadly force."

Again, I don't see any "deadly force" being used against the agent. Am I missing something?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 3vilscript

Disproportion use of force? Ever heard of stoning? One hit in the head is enough to cause trauma and bleeding, I don't care if it looks ridiculous since the intro of guns, rocks can just be as dangerous. David v. Goliath.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I saw rocks been thrown, and you see the kid that was getting shot, why was he not running away before? What was he doing? Why was he getting close to the border patrol agent before he got shot?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join