It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you see in the word, "now"?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
one word. "eternal"

second line.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
There is no now, only in your own mind. All is and always has been...

But you've contradicted yourself because "all is and always has been" and I would add "will be" IS the now. All that was occurred in the now, and all that will be will occur in the now. Everything else besides the now constitutes the meanderings of the cognitive mind and is unreal.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

Thats right, there is no time.

History repeats itself.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by juveous
one word. "eternal"

second line.

There ya go.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

Well, thanks for that. I guess I am just caught up in what is and don't really know what it is. I'm trying to figure it out. But any help you can provide, well, it is appreciated.

Some of us don't even know what is. I think the OP is in this category, just like me.

Enlighten me, I am open for any knowledge that makes sense to me, or even pushes me further than I have even managed to venture before.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
'NOW' spelt backwards is 'WON' - so maybe if you live in the NOW you have WON back your resources because you are not wasting your mental processes on any overhaul of memories, worrying etc.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Now is what hasn't, but will, by not being what it isn't until it is.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I made a similar thread but can't seem to find it now.

Hmmm. Lemme look again.

EDIT: Here it is.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

When i realized this it kinda tripped me out and changed the way i see things.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Romans 10:9]

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Romans 10:9]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
If you had to define the word now, how would you do it?

How do you describe now, in the form of presence?

If you are describing now, in the form of presence, could you describe now in the form of future presence, or past presence?

I am having a hard time buying into this philosophy of living in the now. I understand that now is what matters, but how far does it really go?

In the Conjugative form, now, tersely is since (having) seen that.

Presence in passive possession could loosely state of bearing/appearance.

So, exactly I couldn't say, except that if one were to loose one's footing along a crooked path, it would be someone else's now then, wouldn't it. ha.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
If you had to define the word now, how would you do it?

How do you describe now, in the form of presence?

If you are describing now, in the form of presence, could you describe now in the form of future presence, or past presence?

I am having a hard time buying into this philosophy of living in the now. I understand that now is what matters, but how far does it really go?

Gonna take a stab, since "living in the now" is really the primary focus of your question. The rest is, as the Buddhists would say, the chattering of your monkey mind. (No, I don't mean to offend. It's another way of saying, "You're thinking too much into this.")

The philosophy isn't meant for you to ponder the existence of time, (past, present, future... linear, circular, or Dr. Who's wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey).

The idea is meant to get you out of your head and into experiencing & appreciating existence as it is in the moment.

Walk outside and just stand there.
Use all your senses to the fullest: SEE your surroundings, HEAR the sounds, FEEL the breeze/air...
There.
Right there.
You're living in the now.

Simple, eh?
...so simple it's stupefying!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join