It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama's attacks on BP hurting British pensioners

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Just thought you might find it interesting that over 40% of BP shares are owned by American stockholders. Not sure if this would effect how Obama feels about BP but you never know.

Top 10 Investor list here:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Bunkered]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Interesting.... what happened to pension protection?

I did hear something on the Radio this morning which may have been stoked from the article above, an American woman was stating how the UK's image is now tarnished in the states and how it is our countries fault that this has happened.

Ouch

1st of all it was a group effort which brought this problem into fruition and a group effort which needs to rectify said monstrosity.

I think BP (who are 40% US owned by shares) have absolutely no reason to carry on drilling after this, they are completely incapable and have proven so to the nth degree. The states need to heavily monitor and closely watch drilling precedures when outside parties/companies are poking around.

At this point I don't care whose to blame just bloody sort it out - Russia even offered subs and tons of man power .... I think most countries have offered help.... why the media blackout, why decline support and why poke fingers and talk waffle when this could be sorted.... this is on your head BP and im British .... nonces the lot of em.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by ainsley]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ainsley
your head BP and im British .... nonces the lot of em.

LOL nonces!! I do like a good old British foul slang term. Quality post.
Who is incharge of the rig near the Faulklands?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Who is incharge of the rig near the Faulklands?

www.rockhopperexploration.co.uk...

Rockhopper thank god, the last thing we need is another shady BP venture.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Rockhopper... sounds like a mountain bike. I found this info on the Faulkland rig. Desire petroleum. There are a few interesting links from this one.

news.bbc.co.uk...

I personally dont think the leak will be stopped until the end of August when they get the relief wells drilled.

Perhaps this terrible balls up might inspire governments to start doing something about clean energy. If you can get any kind of positive out of it at all that just might be the only one!

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Bunkered]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
BP shares take a further dive to £3.48 a 14 year low rising to £3.65.Royal Sun Alliance and our MPs cry foul as Obama is now seen to be "increasingly vituperative" in his comments about BP.

Pelosi yells "Lack of integrity" on BP.

Boris Johnson is squawking. "Salmon chops" Cameron to talk to Obama. Perhaps a line has been crossed. BP is a major investor and employer in the USA.

What a mess! BP's Risk Director (ono) should be fired!

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5

BP shares take a further dive to £3.48 a 14 year low rising to £3.65.
Royal Sun Alliance.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Tiger5]

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wonder if other BP shareholders sold also?

*edit - relates to "both government and Wall Street" mentioned in the OP

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join