It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lockheed test in Arizona

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I heard some interesting radio traffic on 379.65MHz while camped around the Nellis range. Looking this frequency up on the internet, it comes back to a Lockheed test facility in Arizona. Now I am quite sure what I heard wasn't coming from Arizona, but the search did reveal this test site. Sometimes you search for one thing and stumble upon something else.

For those that know how to navigate the FCC database, examine callsign WE2XTF. For those that don't know how to navigate the FCC database, I will do a quick summary.

Lockheed is testing something at two locations in Arizona. One is at the Goodyear Airfield, which they list as located at N33 25 20.35 W112 22 14.11. The other location is an abandoned airfield located at N33 08 03.15 W112 39 32.45.

Among the frequencies listed, there is correspondence between the FCC and Lockheed as follows:

"For 258 MHz Frequency, Frequency is military JFMO frequency."

Google hits on JFMO don't appear relevant.

In the initial filing with the FCC, the following equipment was stated to be used.
--------
Manufacturer Model Number No. Of Units Experimental
Symmectricom Hail Mary 3 1 No
Senao star 2000 2 No
--------------------------------

Symmetricom is a manufacturer of time bases. I have one myself, so they are not that exotic.
www.symmetricom.com...
As you can guess, there is no Hail Mary device on the website.

The Senao star 2000 does exit:
star 2000

I have no idea how this device is legal since it uses two military frequencies. In fact this website say the device can't even be used in the US:
star2k

In the "notes" section, the intent of this test facility is:
"06/05/2009 Identifying and geo-locating low power and high ground based signals."

So my interpretation is Lockheed is working on gear, probably but not necessarily for an aircraft, to detect common (well common in some countries outside the US) radio gear. Now this could be to hunt bad guys, or simply to find ground sites using military air transmitters.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Star and flag. Time to dig out my old bearcat and see if that frequency is on there.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I think Lockheed hacked the gear a bit to get the FCC to buy into the test

This link might get you to the FCC approval document:
WE2XTF

I suspect the FCC links are dynamic, so here are the frequencies used:

When emission codes are given, they list 10K0F3E. Translating, on the carrier frequencies I listed, the modulated signal is 10kHz wide. FM, single analog channel of telephony. That should work in a standard scanner, though maybe the audio will sound a little distorted due to the slightly wider than standard bandwidth.

Photos of the "abandoned" airfield would be appreciated.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Hi Gariac,

Nice find.

Having checked out the location on GE, the only site of interest I can find is an auxillary airfield 30KM south of the co-ordinates given.

en.wikipedia.org...

It seems this site is now used by external contractors and is also part of the Goldwater range?

Cheers

Robbie

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
I think Lockheed hacked the gear a bit to get the FCC to buy into the test

This link might get you to the FCC approval document:
WE2XTF

I suspect the FCC links are dynamic, so here are the frequencies used:

When emission codes are given, they list 10K0F3E. Translating, on the carrier frequencies I listed, the modulated signal is 10kHz wide. FM, single analog channel of telephony. That should work in a standard scanner, though maybe the audio will sound a little distorted due to the slightly wider than standard bandwidth.

Photos of the "abandoned" airfield would be appreciated.

hey thanks for the info, i'll be listening to them, listening to us.

- seconded by myself

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by stratsys-sws

hi there,

glad to see you are still about , hope all is well with you.

thanks for the info , i too will be trying to tune in.

thanks

snoopyuk

[edit on 10-6-2010 by snoopyuk]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
JFMO - Joint Frequency Management Office

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
How can I be of any help? My coordinates are 33N/115

Avid Skywatcher/ Amatuer Astronomer.

Not far from where I am.

I suppose I'll just keep one eye on the sky while I sleep, and one eye on the sky when I wake.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Glad to see Lockheed isn't boycotting Arizona.
Please provide updates.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
test at arizona that lockheed conducts are of no interest to you, i promise you this.

lockheed will test different parts at various places to make sure each part works properly before assembling the finished product.

i.e. the stealths were built in one place but the equipment on board etc.. was tested all over..

so all that your hearing or whatever is just a test of some piece of equipment for something that may be as simple as a new radio for a new plane

the tests that we conduct on things that would be of interest to FOREIGN spies & governments is being tested miles and miles underground and NOT in arizona..

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Lockheed is testing something at two locations in Arizona. One is at the Goodyear Airfield, which they list as located at N33 25 20.35 W112 22 14.11. The other location is an abandoned airfield located at N33 08 03.15 W112 39 32.45.

The Lockheed facility with the first GPS coordinates is on the west side of South Litchfield Rd, between Yuma Rd and Hwy 85. A couple of years ago I saw some RCS style fixtures in the lots south of the buildings, the airplane-on-a-stick style. I also saw a nose cone of an aircraft on a fixture as well, so my guess is that there were (or are) some radar or communications equipment testing being done there.

As for the second set of coordinates, I know that there is a private airstrip out there, it's a fly-in community (AZ05), but it's mostly agricultural land with some livestock. The land east of that is the Estrella Mountain park.

DE

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Who knows exactly what is going on, but I feel that testing is still conducted in and out of hangars out in the mountains.

new topics

top topics

join