It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The difference between Israel and Germany (PR, genocide, etc)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

It does make a difference.
The Jews were buying lands in Palestine more than 100 years ago, the world had no clear borders, and Palestine wasn't even a state, it wasn't even a nation, it was first called the southern part of Syria, then it was part of Jordan.
Look, today it would be unacceptable, but 70 years ago the worlds' borders were still changing.
So it does make a difference that we bought land. It was different times.
And maybe most important- Palestine was not a nation, or a state, it was a name for this area, therefor an area that anyone can come and settle in.
Why not? If the lands were sold to us who cares?! What did the Jews do prior to the war that pissed them off so much? The land was still big enough for all of us..

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Originally posted by Danbones
again with HAMAS?

www.globalresearch.ca...

This is what you seem to have left out:

Ahmed Yassin, the spiritual leader of the Islamist movement in Palestine, returning from Cairo in the seventies, established an Islamic charity association. Prime Minister Golda Meir, saw this as a an opportunity to counterbalance the rise of Arafat’s Fatah movement.

The Islamists set up orphanages and health clinics, as well as a network of schools, workshops which created employment for women as well as system of financial aid to the poor. And in 1978, they created an "Islamic University" in Gaza. "The military authority was convinced that these activities would weaken both the PLO and the leftist organizations in Gaza."

Oh yes, shame on Israel for helping create the hamas...
Seriously, dude...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
First of all, your source wikipedia isn't the most objective source available. You can use all of the buzz-words and different terms that you want but when you get down to the "meat and potatos", both regimes focus/ed on systematic killing to meet political goals.

While the Germans did it for several reasons, including how the Jews betrayed the Germans in WWI that resulted in the Germans losing the war and signing the Treaty of Versailles, which ultimately bankrupted the country and resulted in Germany losing a lot of territory, the Israelis do it to rid the region of Palestinians in an effort to eradicate the obsticle of whole Israel.

As far as the propaganda, on both sides, they are similar, only Israel is much better than Germany was and that is saying a lot since Germany was so good at it. Israel employes bloggers and lobbies the MSM outlets to ignore or spin what would amount to news that would tarnish Israel's image. In fact, pro-Israeli lobbies are the biggest the world has ever seen and spend far more money than all other lobbies combined. These lobbies are for the sole purpose of influencing policy by controlling the US and other western governments, along with media outlets.

You can use all of the different terms that you want and you can also slip in a buzz-word here and there but the message is really the same. When you have a purpose of controlling information to suite your political goals, you are propagating information, period. When you try and destroy a whole group of people for political reasons, you are committing genocide, regardless of the rhetoric, buzz-words and terminology that you choose to use. It really is that plain and simple.

Unfortunately, I'm crunched for time so I am not able to give a more detailed response at this time. As soon as I have more time, I will have a more refined and informative rebuttal to your thread though the ultimate meaning is the same as this post.

--airspoon

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

both regimes focus/ed on systematic killing to meet political goals

Right, and to that end the settlements in Gaza were evacuated, there's a peace process with the PA, and the Gaza strip death toll is close to a halt.

Yes, facts are really proving your points.

As far as the propaganda, on both sides, they are similar, only Israel is much better than Germany

There is no propaganda! My god, how can you tell me there is when you've never even been to Israel?
And on Nazi scale? Openly comparing an entire race to cockroaches?

You can use all of the different terms that you want and you can also slip in a buzz-word here and there

I use facts, I use common sense.. Terminology has nothing to do with that.

The fact we're debating this conflict online, and I'm able to see both the Palestinians and Israelis as victims, the fact that my ex was an Arab, the fact that there is a left wing in Israel all mean that you're wrong.

<< 1   >>

join