It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Stewart on the oil spill.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Good Intentions

I agree with your assessment.

This is just a video, I take it with a grain of salt - but its interesting none the less.

[edit on 10/6/10 by ghostsoldier]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

If you watch John Stewart's debate with O'Reilly and compare it with Colbert's, you can tell how much more seriously Stewart takes the issues. It's as if Colbert was or got paid more to be a disinformist to those that only pay attention to politics through Colbert or Daily Show. Colbert did get as popular, if not more popular than Stewart. Maybe I'm just thinking too much of it, but Stewart knows his stuff and exposes how ridiculous politicians are, maybe they think hes getting too much influence?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

As someone else said I just think he doesn't ever really get to what is important. He is always too busy with his jokes to get to the point. His interviews very rarely go anywhere beyond Colbert twisting his guests words around and mocking the entire thing.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Good Intentions

Fox certainly does. But yeah John Stewart believes what he does, for Colbert I think its more the case that he sees it as 'just a gig'.

My memory serves me correctly, but if yours doesn't you'll have to believe me - you know how occasionally (haven't seen it in months) but John Stewart would have a little segment at the end of the show where he would cross to "his very good friend" Colbert, and they would have friendly chit chat etc and the two shows were kind of connected - well around the time I started to notice the change in Colbert (6 months ago or so) - they did their little segway-segment thing and John Stewart didn't greet him as "my very good friend Stephen Colbert" - instead it was just "Stephen Colbert"...

Now I only remember this, because: Colbert joked around about "Oh, I'm not your good friend anymore? - its okay, its just that you usually introduce me as your 'good friend'..." etc etc - And they kinda went back and forth about this for minute or so - it was all jokes, and came across like a skit.

But alot of truth is hidden behind jest sometimes. I could be reading too much into it, but I think there is something there...

I would like someone to make a youtube vid about this - (I don't have the footage or the means to make it at the moment).

But yeah...

reply to post by NWtoHide

I agree with this aswell - a particular time comes to mind where he had a dude on there talking about "The Caveman Diet" (something I advocate, see sig) - Now if it was on The Daily Show I would of seen an intelligent conversation - But on the Report, all he did was mock everything he said - (so if I was a person who didn't have a clue about paleolithic diets and nutrition) - after colberts interview, I would of thought the dude was a crazy and didn't know what he was talking about - which is what colbert made him out to be, therefor I wouldn't of given any credence to what hes talking about.

Its quite subtle. And quite annoying and destructive really.

MODS: Maybe this should be moved to the Media & Education forum. ~peace!!

[edit on 11/6/10 by ghostsoldier]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

I do remember the skit where they were no longer "good friends" or whatever, didn't really think much of it but now it does seem odd.

Yeah also, that's exactly what I think about Colbert. He seems to distract away from anyone saying anything intelligent on his show. I'll have to look into your diet, I try to eat none of the processed or modified foods on the shelves in stores today. Makes it easier with a local mercantile a mile down the street. Most growers, chicken and beef farmers that sell their goods are very good about finding good sources for seeds and use nothing that shouldn't be there.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join