It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The UFO forum is becoming fail

page: 5
77
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Hate to bust anybody's bubble on here but I know that I speak for myself and probably speak for others like me. I am a witness to multiple sightings and feel a certain connection to whatever is out there...I couldn't really care less about what people think about the UFO forums, whether they tickle their fancy or not. The fact of the matter is is that those who KNOW, who have seen first hand usually couldn't care less about the tidiness of a UFO forum, for us, it is a foregone conclusion and know that either one of two things are going to happen: they are either going to come down or not. We know that the extent that UFO's have entered the culture almost guarantees a growing interest in them and to me, at least, that is enough for me...people will become enchanted as I became and become star gazers and then on one lucky day or night will see the affirmation that they have been longing for and the cycle will continue. For now, for us who have seen first hand and don't have a shadow of a doubt, we know that there are other more important things to be focusing our attention on...we know that they are up there and not here and there must be a reason for that and we know that a "fail" UFO forum is probably not part of that reason. Thanks and have faith! Keep your eyes trained to the sky and your feet planted FIRMLY on the ground.




posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I'm sorry but your thread is hardly new or original, every so often we get threads like this complaining about the state of the Aliens/UFO forum you either help the condition by actively researching new content yourself like going out or you simply get on with it.



[edit on 10/6/2010 by diamount]



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
You mean "becoming a failure"? Because "becoming fail" means nothing except to today's illiterate "txting" OMG-LOL-ROFLMAO-kids of the internet.


Whilst I do understand your position and the ATS rules do state not to use 'txt' speak, we all need to understand that there is no 'proper' English.

For example, "have a gay day" used to mean something completely different to what it means today.

The English language is continually changing - it embraces new words and gives older words new meanings. A look at the latest OED shows that a great deal of internet speak has been incorporated by the official English language source.



[edit on 10/6/2010 by LightFantastic]



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Can ATS make it mandatory for an age check appon signing up? Make the age limit 18. I can't argue that there are young-ins running around these forums like there are on youtube. I believe they are the contributing factor to the OP's original statements about the 2 types of UFO believers. All because most of those arguments are started by people under the age of 18.



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SneakAPeek
Can ATS make it mandatory for an age check appon signing up? Make the age limit 18. I can't argue that there are young-ins running around these forums like there are on youtube. I believe they are the contributing factor to the OP's original statements about the 2 types of UFO believers. All because most of those arguments are started by people under the age of 18.


How does that stop someone from faking their age?

Actually confirming someones age is a time consuming process that really makes the whole thing pointless in the end.



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
ATS is in need of a serious exorcism IMO, there is such a negative, mean-spirited element here. You know who you are.

Get out! The power of Christ compels you! The power of Christ compels you!!


[edit on 10-6-2010 by Malcram]



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I tell you what would be a good start in fixing the UFO forum. When a thread is started with a video or picture of a shaky, blurred, low resolution images..it should automatically be closed. Unless a clear image which anyone can do with today's technology...then it's nothing more than garbage. It makes no sense what so ever that the majority of these videos and images look the way they are presented unless someone is perpetrating a hoax.

[edit on 6/10/2010 by CaptGizmo]



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The Answer is simple ..........we need more activity other than

Activity is very thin on the ground.
Latest stuff so far.
www.latest-ufo-sightings.net...
www.highland-news.co.uk...
just a few like I said, thin on the ground. It will pick up. Everyone was waiting for "Disclosure" RIGHT!! BS money making BS gggrrr!!! So now the charade of disclosure, the end of may is done. Lets keep our eyes to the sky and hope we have some gems.
I missed out last week on a bus into swansea, seeing a disk object above the new high tower near the beach, by the time my cameraphone was out....GONE...
else that would of been posted.
Lets hope it picks up soon.





[edit on 10-6-2010 by DreamerOracle]



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razer1073
Hate to bust anybody's bubble on here but I know that I speak for myself and probably speak for others like me. I am a witness to multiple sightings and feel a certain connection to whatever is out there...I couldn't really care less about what people think about the UFO forums, whether they tickle their fancy or not. The fact of the matter is is that those who KNOW, who have seen first hand usually couldn't care less about the tidiness of a UFO forum...

Even if people feel confident that they saw something otherworldly, that does not mean the sighting should never be discussed. Before anyone can be absolutely sure about what they they saw, a healthy, factual discussion at ATS could determine whether the sighting truly is "unexplainable" using mundane rationale, or whether or not it was an honest misidentification.

If someone is confident about their sighting, then sharing it with ATS for the purposes of research (which would include a methodical but thoughtful elimination of mundane explanations) should not be an issue.

The OP is lamenting the fact that we at ATS (as a group) can't seem to have these "methodical but thoughtful" discussions about a sighting.



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo
 


Actually, it's tough to get stable footage, in fact it's hard to get footage, period. If you take note, much footage is rejected because it's quality is "not good enough", but then, the good quality footage is usually declared hoax immediately because it looks "too good to be true".



[edit on 10-6-2010 by Malcram]



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Oh, c'mon OP.. it's not like people are taking pictures of white umbrellas on someone's porch and then creating 30 page threads to talk about the umbrella!

Oh.. wait..

What's sadder than the fact that these threads get the lion's share of attention, is that excellent, important topics often get a page or two, and then disappear into the void. That's very frustrating.



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Radiobuzz
 


"The UFO forum is becoming fail"

The grammar of this title is very reminiscent of another UFO event......







No offense OP, I see you're from Argentina. Que tal mi hermano?

Seriously though, the UFO threads are what originally brought me to ATS. At that time, I was so excited to discover such an immense wealth of information regarding UFO's and other fringe topics. After exhausting every avenue and theory on the matter, I have been disappointed to see that almost every new UFO thread is as you stated; either obviously a HOAX or looks so good that the thread turns into a grudge match between the hardline skeptics and the "I'll believe anything crowd," leaving non partisan members such as myself, in the dark.

These days, I dont come to ATS for UFO stuff anymore. I use this as a news source, due to the speed that breaking stories are posted, and the intense debates that soon follow.



[edit on 10-6-2010 by WhiteDevil013]



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Having seen what I believe are extraterrestrial vehicles for much of my life I want to have sympathy for anyone posting sightings. However, I also know how easy it is to be deceived by lights in the sky.

One night I was out prospecting for gold about ten at night because it is so darned hot here in the daytime. As I crested a hill, I saw a huge ball of light rise majestically into the western sky. Boy was I excited! I had just witnessed the most spectacular UFO event of my life! When I got home later and was panning out my findings in front of the TV I saw a story on a Minuteman missile launch that had taken place at Vandenberg AFB in California earlier that evening. Immediately I knew that my UFO was now identified. Had I not seen the story on the missile launch, I would still be telling anyone who would listen about the amazing UFO that I had witnessed.


I have also been deceived by high altitude balloons, high altitude plastic grocery bags which are sucked up by dust devils here, a child's swimming pool rotating about 150 feet in the air, and the ever popular aircraft landing lights.

Hoaxers are the bane of the UFO forum. That somebody would purposely try to deceive speaks volumes about their character. I remember one who videoed aircraft landing lights in Colorado and when they came closer and resolved so that you could actually see the aircraft, the poster claimed that the UFO had "shapeshifted" into an airplane shape to camouflage itself.



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
As typically happens on these threads, the OP and responders are taking a too narrow of a view on the UFO situaiton.

The debunkers are losing their players and, in fact their game. The automatic recourse is for them to become more vocal in their debunking and skepticism. (Some will probably resort to offering a hoax known to themselves in order to have it shot down.)

Since about the time of the increased sightings of triangles, and that most famous of triangle sightings in Belguim with multiple verifications, they have been effectively neutered.

All they can argue is that the triangles are our secret equipment. But that allows the automatic next judgment that those craft are nothing more than alien ripoffs. So they lose the game in over-time, anyway.

Of course, this perspecitive is not across the board into the general media/public. But it is growing. Basically, we, the pro team, have won the game. There is nothing left but the wrapup.

True, the full story is a long way from being fleshed out. That is the beauty of the UFO "myth" allowed to be created. But the answers will be forthcoming as the topics move on to questions about life out there: Titan, etc.

On ATS anyway, the game is over for the debunkers. Maybe they will yet get some last minute points, but the score is too lop-sided for them to overcome the point spread. We have won, fair and square., in the long haul.

That said, ATS is a business, not true referees. They know full-well what pulls in the crowds and the advertisers. If it takes debunkers, hoaxes and wild theories to fill the seats, they will allow such "entertainment." And we must allow that. Otherwise, there would not be an ATS...and that would be a shame.



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I've heard about this "umbrella" thread. I'd be interested in reading it. Could someone please link me to it?

Thank you.



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
UFO's are FAIL, nevermind the forum.

Haven't they figured out its all weather balloons, swamp gas, tricks of the light, lens flare, bugs, fake autopsies, photoshop, super secret planes, satellites, comets, Hollywood, hack writers, magnets, disinfo, greys, blues, reds, yellows, reptiles, "V", X-files, crop circle jokes, bored farmers, MK ultra, red pill/blue pill, "the truth is out there", "we are not alone", liars and rednecks yet?



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Radiobuzz
 


Well, look at it this way. Me personally, I'm not going to believe any video showing lights in the sky that "claims" these to be of extraterrestrial origin, considering the fact that WE have hundreds of thousands of "aircraft" civilian and military flying around 24 hours a day...

Come on! Read MY SIGNATURE.

[edit on 6/10/2010 by Brainiac]



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
As typically happens on these threads, the OP and responders are taking a too narrow of a view on the UFO situaiton.

The debunkers are losing their players and, in fact their game. The automatic recourse is for them to become more vocal in their debunking and skepticism. (Some will probably resort to offering a hoax known to themselves in order to have it shot down.)

Since about the time of the increased sightings of triangles, and that most famous of triangle sightings in Belguim with multiple verifications, they have been effectively neutered.

All they can argue is that the triangles are our secret equipment. But that allows the automatic next judgment that those craft are nothing more than alien ripoffs. So they lose the game in over-time, anyway.

Of course, this perspecitive is not across the board into the general media/public. But it is growing. Basically, we, the pro team, have won the game. There is nothing left but the wrapup.

True, the full story is a long way from being fleshed out. That is the beauty of the UFO "myth" allowed to be created. But the answers will be forthcoming as the topics move on to questions about life out there: Titan, etc.

On ATS anyway, the game is over for the debunkers. Maybe they will yet get some last minute points, but the score is too lop-sided for them to overcome the point spread. We have won, fair and square., in the long haul.

That said, ATS is a business, not true referees. They know full-well what pulls in the crowds and the advertisers. If it takes debunkers, hoaxes and wild theories to fill the seats, they will allow such "entertainment." And we must allow that. Otherwise, there would not be an ATS...and that would be a shame.






Since about the time of the increased sightings of triangles, and that most famous of triangle sightings in Belguim with multiple verifications, they have been effectively neutered.


You said the previous statement...

I say, WE BUILD FLYING TRIANGLES on this planet... What's the more logical conclusion that you are seeing an Alien flying some Space ship from who knows where, or your seeing humans flying something that we have built and put up in the air...

If you are a fantasy buff, then of course IT'S E.T. !

If you are fairly grounded in reality, then you'd speculate that this is something made on Earth...





posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Keep going in circles people. Just run that wheel till your mind is mush.
You forgot to mention the third kind of UFO seekers.
And those are the ones who believe life is to abundant to be just on earth. Therefore life us throughout our universe and space/time. Humans have traveled vast distances to achieve higher evolution. Our gov/mil/tptb have made it their lifes work to make us feel little and ingnorant to what we really are.
Ufos are not alien species it's just humans playing the game with use.
It's just a wheel. Always going n going and leading to the beginning.
Like this guy said. Stupid stuff being reimplanted over n over again.
Wake up, ats is another avenue to make you feel accepted and then show you nothing you haven't seen before.
Wake up. We are the aliens and our gov. Is hiding hiding it all right in front of your eyes.



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The UFO forum is not "Becoming Fail" - although it appears the use of the English language in its correct form is


I suggest you read this...

Be the change you wish to see

In other words - if you don't like what you see, make it better instead of complaining about it.




top topics



 
77
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join