It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UFO forum is becoming fail

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by crowdedskies
One thing that has not been mentioned is the incorrect use of the word "debunk". Most people think 'debunk' means to analyse a footage thouroughly and make a conclusion. In fact it means to ridicule the subject being investigated.

If you care to look up the dictionary , you will get a definition such as the following :

Verb 1. debunk - expose while ridiculing; especially of pretentious or false claims and ideas; "The physicist debunked the psychic's claims"

So , all you debunkers out there, I hope you will start taking objection to that word being use to describe you because I think that a lot of you believe in UFOs and just want to check the evidence.

Yah, the character degradation is what is important. Thats what I was referring to... just a message for those that are here to do just that. Watch any UFO video documentary that was produced after 1990 and the proof is obvious... then go outside, and the proof becomes truth. Awesomesauce.

some UFO docs on my site that I liked.

sh33ple.50webs.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by thinK.

I agree that more people should go out and look at the sky. It is the lack of experience in seeing UFOs that make some people too skeptic.

As for the 'connect' thing , yes there is something to be said about it but this is definitely not the thread for me to discuss it.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by crowdedskies]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I just registered but I would LOVE to see the information that people could contribute to a:

Telepathy, UFOs, and You

thread. I don't know much, but I am certain about what I do.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

If you consider people taking a stand against the crackpots a coup then I agree, but I'm all for it. I don't have to embrace the lunatic ravings...

Actually, I wasn't referring to that. But I did expect that people would interpret my comments according to their own particular perspective on what is "wrong" at ATS.

The problem with notions like 'crackpots' and 'lunatic ravings' is that it's entirely subjective. To some - even some who post here - anyone entertaining the subjects discussed at this forum at all is a 'crackpot' and they are 'taking a stand' against them by undermining the discussion.

So, 'taking a stand against crackpots' doesn't really mean anything because it's entirely subjective.

And again, I think some of Springer's comments regarding this forum and it's purpose are relevant here:

"f the Members don't want to read the information they won't and the thread will die, we do NOT need some sort of self appointed vigilante group policing threads on ATS.....

If an experiencer replied he has no proof, STOP ASKING FOR IT and MOVE ON, NOBODY CARES THAT YOU THINK (S)HE'S A FRAUD, PEOPLE CAN MAKE UP THEIR OWN MINDS

This is NOT the "I am going to expose a FRAUD" Forum it's the ALIENS and UFO FORUM.

EVERY MEMBER has the privilege afforded them to SHARE THEIR STORY UNMOLESTED BY WORTHLESS DEMANDS FOR PROOF/EVIDENCE. AND CERTAINLY WITHOUT BEING DERIDED FOR NOT HAVING IT. If SOMEONE SAYS THEY HAVE NO PROOF THAT ENDS IT.

The skeptics are asking for a separate forum for crying out loud when all that needs to be done is NOT CLICK the threads you don't want to read."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Malcram]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malcram

Quoting a Springer comment

"f the Members don't want to read the information they won't and the thread will die, we do NOT need some sort of self appointed vigilante group policing threads on ATS.....

If an experiencer replied he has no proof, STOP ASKING FOR IT and MOVE ON, NOBODY CARES THAT YOU THINK (S)HE'S A FRAUD, PEOPLE CAN MAKE UP THEIR OWN MINDS

This is NOT the "I am going to expose a FRAUD" Forum it's the ALIENS and UFO FORUM.

EVERY MEMBER has the privilege afforded them to SHARE THEIR STORY UNMOLESTED BY WORTHLESS DEMANDS FOR PROOF/EVIDENCE. AND CERTAINLY WITHOUT BEING DERIDED FOR NOT HAVING IT. If SOMEONE SAYS THEY HAVE NO PROOF THAT ENDS IT.

The skeptics are asking for a separate forum for crying out loud when all that needs to be done is NOT CLICK the threads you don't want to read."

Thanks for the very wise comments from Springer. Yes, the vigilante approach is wrong and nobody should be 'molested' or 'derided' for just sharing an experience.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Hello RadioBuzz,

I also agree with the points you made .
I do not really post anything at all because if you do share anything Et related here you get attacked .

So I feel its better to realize that to be quite is better then speaking and sharing information on the subject.

If one is a believer its better to keep ones belief to themselves .

I find it more interesting to listen to the skeptics speak here which many do.

I also believe that skeptics out number those that claim to have had experiences here on the Alien&UFO Forum .

The question is to me why would anyone in there right mind share a sighting or contactee experience just to be ridiculed .

Its not worth it .

The good thing here is that you can just read and not make any comments and all is well.

Again thanks for this post.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Hello RadioBuzz,
When I first joined ATS i had many posts and then was banned .
I posted alot dealing with Ashtar related Et area's.

Since I now have to use a new name on ATS I am less at the moment willing to share information.

I believe in co-existance .

Many of my posts were under CmdrAleon and I had been a member for a few years .

So I find your thread a healthy discussion.

If i could get back cmdraleon i would .

Many of my threads moved the boat so to speak .

Maybe a forum for Et and UFO Believers would be a solution to the problem for those who want to present information without being attacked.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by thinK.

I had an experience recently with an odd light in the sky. To be honest I am clueless to what it was but I know what it wasn't.

I started a thread about it hoping that someone else had seen something similar and, excuse the pun, could shed a little light on the subject.

I have to agree that if more people paid attention to their environment, not just the sky but also everything around them, they would be amazed.

We have to stop trying to make everything fit into the box. Our planet is full of magic and you don't have to be a magician to take advantage of the majesty of it all.

We have to stop throwing the baby out with the bath water. Just because something is new, foreign or unexplainable, does not mean that it is a hoax, fake or an illusion.

We have to let go of the arrogance and accept that we don’t know everything there is to know about our planet, galaxy or universe.

For every one thing that you learn there are a million other things waiting for you to find them. It is the fool, regardless of his IQ, that believes that he knows everything. A true wise man knows that he will never know everything there is to learn in life.

Did your object look anything like this?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I don't think I'm the right person to suggest it either. It needs to be someone popular on the boards. I am not that person.

Haha I don't see why not. You've been here since 2004 and I've enjoyed a couple of your past threads. Specifically this one: They Come From Within

-SJ76

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

Hey man! Cool pic! No, not like that. I have seen red balls of light about the size of a baseball float by and check me out... then go into superwtf hyperspeed. Last night was great and why I started posting here. I usually watch stars "fly around" like they are on crack. I believe they are ETI monitoring us. The best part about last night is prolly about 2 miles up, directly over my backyard... one of these lights gave me a fly by (in wtf highspeed mode, making curves and stuff just to show it wasn't anything other than a controlled craft... just looked like a brilliant star, but with the funky movement exhibited by the UFOs I have seen. It is so precise it is almost 'jerky' - anyone else confirm that? I wish more people knew. They are here, every night. EVERY NIGHT! and I don't believe it is just for me... they are just here. Use telepathy and say hi.. everyone can. It has given me the truth I know so many seek... not all of it, but enough to realize no documentary is going to quench my thirst for truth.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

Of course it's subjective, opinions tend to be subjective. Opinions are also welcomed on ATS as long as they follow the T&C. Are you asking for stricter moderation?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

No, I'm not really asking for anything. I was originally responding to the idea put forward by others that this forum should be more narrowly defined to exclude some UFO related topics that some members dislike.

I think that it might be better for the original purpose of this forum to be maintained, rather than modified to suit the wishes of a certain section of the membership.

However, I can also see why some - like yourself - would like to have a place which was far stricter (according to your criteria) and I can also see some benefits to that, although perhaps not the ones you might imagine.

Obviously, the pure 'scientific approach' carries more weight in society and so it would give Ufology more credibility if that approach were dominant.

Someone created a thread about that
:

Paradoxically, I don't think this approach necessarily has anything particularly to do with truth, in this case, or that it is more likely to establish the truth of the UFO phenomenon because, as I said earlier, the truth may be far weirder and metaphysical that science and the scientific approach could presently deal with. However, apparent 'credibility' has it's own rewards and would still be great progress. It's a stepping stone.

So, I think it might be useful to have a pure 'scientific ufology' forum, with very strict criteria, for those who feel that sort of thing is vital. But I don't think that this forum should be changed to meet those criteria.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The solution is simple, use these four words:

NO MORE STUPID LIGHTS

Send them to this web page:

www.nomorestupidlights.com...

[edit on 18-6-2010 by alexander_delta]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
About 2 months ago i was letting my dog out and while I've always believed in the existence in aliens i realized that it took me 30 years to actually accept it. While space and stars, aliens are discussed we talk about them as if they're else where a movie or dream maybe....Its all right there right in front of us like our own mortality its hard to actually ACCEPT it. I agree some need to stop quibbling and LOOK UP

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazeofSiriusC
About 2 months ago i was letting my dog out and while I've always believed in the existence in aliens i realized that it took me 30 years to actually accept it. While space and stars, aliens are discussed we talk about them as if they're else where a movie or dream maybe....Its all right there right in front of us like our own mortality its hard to actually ACCEPT it. I agree some need to stop quibbling and LOOK UP

MazeofSiriusC.....

You talk about it with your dog?

Okey dokey......

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

MazeofSiriusC.....

Okey dokey......

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

MazeofSiriusC.....

Okey dokey......

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

MazeofSiriusC.....

I could not see a reply in your post.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
A Springer comment

f the Members don't want to read the information they won't and the thread will die, we do NOT need some sort of self appointed vigilante group policing threads on ATS.....

The skeptics are asking for a separate forum for crying out loud when all that needs to be done is NOT CLICK the threads you don't want to read.

So what Springer is advocating is that the Above Top Secret Aliens and UFOs forum be retitled: "A Forum For Fools Who Just Want To Mouth Off For Fellow Gullibles"

I suggest that the Aliens and UFOs forum be closed to the public who has a right to expression and open it only to a restricted membership who will swear on a stack of bibles not to annoy the poor gullibles, believers, what-nots.

Get a life!

The above quote makes me think of Michael Jackson: we all know he was a weirdo and a pedophile but he still had millions of admirers. I don't care if this reply gets me banned or I'm "put on notice" or whatever comes down the pike.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I find the forum has all types, from those who are too skeptical to actually provide anything constructive to those who exist on the outer boundaries of kookery.

Obviously there needs to be a balance. It would be best to have a core group of level-headed, intelligent, and knowledgeable individuals who actually discuss the subject in an attempt to generate some forward movement.

If everyone would "put their heads together" then maybe we could actually get somewhere.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
It's not going to change much until there's an actual obvious encounter on a mass scale that is caught on "clear" indisputable video by a reputable news source...live..prime-time kind of thing. The internet is full of hoaxes, fuzzy/grainy video and jagoffs with off-the-wall claims and just simply no proof. Zilch. Sure there's "potential" proof....stories.....conspiracies....misinformation...accounts....nothing of substance though. Until then, the UFO phenomenon will continue to be filed away right next to bigfoot and the tooth fairy. That's not to say more and more people don't believe in the possibility of extraterrestrial life. Lots of people do. I know I do. The math is there. There just aren't too many people that won't laugh at claims that we've been visited by intelligent life already.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join