It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura for President 2012

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy
reply to post by MKultraVideos

He lives in Mexico so I guess that would mean a Union with Mexico!

We're all immigrants, it wasn't but about 160 years ago my family came here from the great mother land of Ireland. I know alot of good Mexican people, and some bad. I know alot of good Irish people and some bad. I know alot of Americans and some bad.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Really doesn't matter who you pick for President. All the advisors dwindle down the number of options a President can take. Now, just imagine where those advisors get their advice from.

A President is pretty much a puppet IMO.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MKultraVideos

We're all immigrants, it wasn't but about 160 years ago my family came here from the great mother land of Ireland. I know alot of good Mexican people, and some bad. I know alot of good Irish people and some bad. I know alot of Americans and some bad.

Ok we will have a Union with Ireland too.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Ok we will have a Union with Ireland too.

Oh god that would be nice. UP WITH THE IRA!!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Well remember and dont vote for this guy. Well its very hard to find out who is a good politician. Only after getting elected they show their true colours.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
count my vote for Gov. Ventura

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I would vote for him in a HEARTBEAT!! It seems that his opponents only criticize by name calling, and never the information he gives..

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I'll keep an eye out for that... thing... and wont vote for it. Thanks chaosinorder.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
While I like many of his views, I seriously doubt that he will get any nod for POTUS. He might run as an independent candidate, but like others have said, the media has already discredited him as a conspiracy nut.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Well this isn't about what "they" labeled him as. This was a question to fellow ATS member. Popular vote. Who would vote for him?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
He'd have my vote.

A Jesse Ventura Presidency would be a breath of fresh air in Washington. The two party system NEEDS a real contender. The ONLY President that was elected as an Independent was George Washington. (Wiki)

We're only given a VERY narrow choice. You can have either one or the other. If thinking like this was really the way it should be there would only be two kinds of ice cream. You can either have chocolate or vanilla.

That's it. It's good for you. All other flavors aren't worth the trouble. That's just the way it is. The GOVERNMENT knows what's best. Now sit down and ENJOY your ice cream. Sounds a little like Communist Russia to me.

Only problem is that Jesse probably doesn't stand a chance. "They" won't allow him to be President. He's WAY to open and honest, plus he's not a "team player" The puppet masters wouldn't have a firm enough hold on him. They'd be positively terrified for him to be President.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Well I think old Teddy Roosevelt won as a Independent, Do you think that if he ran and atleast gave them a run for their money that would drive them to be a little more forthright?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LazyGuy

He's WAY to open and honest,
plus he's not a "team player"

You're right. He is open and honest and he's not a team player. It would benefit us even to simply have him run, whether or not he wins. His presence would influence the flow of debate. With him as a candidate, his opponents will have to face tougher questions and they'll be called out when they try to evade those questions.

Win or lose, Jesse Ventura running for president would benefit the American people.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

If we're going to be around for a while longer than that I'll need to see his competition.

Please let it be either the Iron Sheik, Dusty Rhodes, or Magnum T.I.

Oh come on...is that all you got?

How about some Ultimate Warrior...or Rowdy Roddy Piper...or George the Animal Steele...The Macho Man Randy Savage...or King Kong Bundy.

I used to love wrestling back then....*sigh*

Back on topic...I don't know if I would vote for him...I might just because it would be neat to have someone who is so not inside the political crap...but at the same time...he kind of scares me.

Just for fun:

[edit on 10-6-2010 by OutKast Searcher]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

If Jesse would move back into the U.S. I would support him. Mavbe he has moved back, since his short run show, I don't know for sure.

One thing that always bothered me, was people who reject a current regime in their home country, would like to come back and rule, once others have made the sacrifices that would make safe return an option.

Leaders in exile, well, just don't appeal to me.

Fidel Castro? Wow. I'm not saying I agree with his politics and philosophy, but, Wow.

I'm not saying Jesse Ventura is an exile, or is afraid to confront the political powers of the U.S. Oh, wait, yes I am. Not an exile, but he knows where his dollars have more value: in Baja.

Jesse is a bad mofo. That's for sure. He talks great stuff, he was a great fake wrestler. A former Navy Seal, And I'd sure like to see him take on Putin or Ahmadinejad, or Obama, or Chaves, mano y mano. "The Body" would whip some serious butt! At least I believe so.

But Ventura has as much a chance to be POTUS as Ron Paul, or Cynthia McKinney, or, cough cough, Rand Paul. Or Dennis Kuchinech. sp.

When was the last time the U.S. had a POTUS that you might think he could actually whip somebody's butt? Teddy Roosevelt? That's the last one I can think of. JFK was a great bluffer, and intelligent, but his back was wasted from injuries from WWII. Oh, and he was assassinated.

I've lost all faith in the men the U.S. elects to POTUS.

GHWB? Oh, how feminine IMHO.
Clinton? Metrosexual. I feel your pain as I get rich and forget whatever pain I ever had.
GWB? Uh.......not really masculine, nor emasculated, just duh.
Obama? Heh.

Jesse Ventura? Kick that butt, man!

I'm really tired of world leaders who look pansified, some of them talk tough, and I don't believe them. Some are just weak and talk pretty words.

Oh, Putin! Jesse and Putin! Pay per view! Winner takes all. I bet 35 New World Units on Jesse!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

In his book "Don't start the revolution without me" he accounts a fictional run for the Presidency and get's assassinated, just odd you mentioned it, cuz it's probably true. It's true he's not the smarted but he's honest enough to surround him with good intel. He knows that's important.

I don't know why you guys think he is not smart. He is a hell of a lot smarter then any politician in there in recent memory. I'd vote for him if he ran for president of the Republic but I don't care who gets elected to the rogue democracy

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

I disagree with you.

I don't think Jesse has a "good noggin." I actually find him rather simple and behind the curve.

His heart is in the right place but he is not the leader of the truth movement, sorry.

President? Hardly....

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I think we are too quick to anoint someone as the anti-establishment "truth-king."

Jesse has been around for a long time now. He has rubbed shoulders with who-knows-who.

I simply do not trust the man anymore.

I believe that voting for Jesse Ventura in 2012 would be exactly the same as voting for Barack Obama in 2008.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
How about Dennis Miller? He'd be a good choice, in my opinion. So would Anthony Hopkins.

Yeah, I would vote for Jesse Venture in a heart beat. I'd also vote for Glenn Beck if he ran for President, to be honest.

Won't ever happen, though. We can dream, can't we?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I would vote for Jesse V. he is my kind of leader - NO BS, None -
2nd line

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join