It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Florida be wiped off the map thanks to BP?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Interesting hypothesis... Could be fearmongering, but there appears to be some truth/validity to these claims:

What you are about to read, is what the scientists in the United States are not allowed to tell you in great fear of the Obama administration.

They are under the threat of severe repercussions to the max.. Scientists confirming these findings cannot be named due to the above, but what they believe, they want to be known by all.

Take a U. S. map, lay it flat and measure inland just the minimum 50 miles of total destruction all around the Gulf of Mexico as to what you will read below.

The carnage to the United States is so staggering, it will take your breathe away.

rense.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
also found this snippet on ur link

The tsunami wave this will create will be anywhere from 20 to
80 feet high, possibly more. Then the floor will fall into the now
vacant chamber. This is how nature will seal the hole.

Depending on the height of the tsunami, the ocean debris, oil,
and existing structures that will be washed away on shore and
inland, will leave the area from 50 to 200 miles inland devoid of
life.

if this is true, then it means virtually millions of people
will die not due to oil but due to the tsunami wave from
it closing.

Am I wrong in this assumption???

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Another thread with this topic and ongoing discussion.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by atlguy
Interesting hypothesis... Could be fearmongering, but there appears to be some truth/validity to these claims:

I wonder what this guy is a doctor of..other than the high nasty he shows on his website?
doctorjamespwickstrom.blogspot.com...

Found this answer while I was searching the good “doctor”
www.ldsfreedomforum.com...

I'm no scientist but I think once it "normalizes", the upward oil pressure from the bottom will equal the downward water pressure from the top. There won't be a "void" filled with water (no reversal of whats now happening).

I’m no scientist either, but this makes more sense to me.

[edit on 6/9/2010 by Pauligirl]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I hope so, my ex girlfriend moved there so that'd be cool. LOL just kidding, but i would laugh.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

I was gonna post this today but i dont have the ability to. This does sound pretty plausible but I hope it doesnt come to this...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Thank you very much for freaking me out even more. I live in Florida unfortunately. I would like to be out of FL soon and this just makes me want out even more. I have always had a fear of the ocean, so getting out of FL is a top priority....or maybe I am overreacting and just need to stop reading ATS for a while

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Thank you very much for freaking me out even more. I live in Florida unfortunately. I would like to be out of FL soon and this just makes me want out even more. I have always had a fear of the ocean, so getting out of FL is a top priority....or maybe I am overreacting and just need to stop reading ATS for a while

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
The Macondo field was estimated at 100 million barrels. That article talked about billions of barrels being released.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
For the world this really does look like flames coming out. Is it possible?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Tsunami isn't going to happen. But I would be curious to see how air quality changes, if at all, over the next couple months for areas around the gulf.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
It won't sink Florida, but I am worried about hurricane season, I am worried about what the impact will be if that crude oil is lifted up and spread out over an even wider area if it is carried aloft by a hurricane and dumped on land.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Well if people think HAARP can steer/create hurricanes, now's about as good a time as ever for them to experiment...considering how they're viewed as being a tad malevolent

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

All of the meteorologists say the hurricanes will only wash oil onshore as long as the hurricane makes landfall at the right angle. Since a hurricane in the Atlantic turns counterclockwise then it would push the oil up on the east side of the storm, which means if the eye were to go over New Orleans the oil will be pushed into Mobile, Alabama.

They said it won't rain oil, that's not a threat. But people who live in flood areas by the gulf coast could be in serious trouble.

And as for the tsunami part I highly doubt that, and even if it did happen I'm just glad I live in far northeast Florida, the furthest away from the Gulf.

top topics

join