It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP- "Unknown Senate Candidate In S.C. Faces Felony Charge"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
(Hilarious Democratic Screw Up) Unknown Senate candidate in SC faces felony charge
www.google.com...

COLUMBIA, S.C. — A day after an unemployed veteran charged with a felony shocked South Carolina's Democratic establishment by winning the U.S. Senate primary, party officials were still scratching their heads: What happened?

Alvin Greene, 32, didn't raise any money. He didn't have a website. And his opponent was a relatively better-known former legislator, Vic Rawl, who was already preparing for the general election.

Greene was considered such a long shot that his opponent and media didn't even bother to check his background. If they had, they would have discovered he faces a felony obscenity charge after an alleged encounter with a college student last fall.

After The Associated Press reported Greene's charge Wednesday, the leader of the state Democratic party said she asked Greene to withdraw from the race.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by freetree64]

MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

[edit on Thu Jun 10 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
This is too good, I can only imagine the look's on their faces....

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
That is great! I can't waite to see what plays out on election day though I'm not holding my breath that the voters in this country will really go for change. I was holding my breath in 2004, 2006 and 2008 but each and every time America has failed.

Anyway, this is too funny!

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
This is too funny to be true.

Don't see how Democrats can be upset about this? Another black man with no credentials running for Senate. Maybe, if elected, after 9 months he could run for President?

Sound familar?

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Carseller4]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Isn't "green" the current buzzword in everything under the sun?
Green is good...vote green should be his campaign slogan in November!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Clyburn Alleges Conspiracy To Plant Candidates In Three Dem Primaries In S.C.

tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com...

Something doesn't add up. Where does an unemployed veteran living with his parents come up with the $10,000 filing fee ?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Over 50% of the political seats in South Carolina go uncontested every election. There are people in the South Carolina government that have been there for decades simply because no one has ever ran against them. I myself thought about running for a public office in South Carolina, but after the last 10 years of failure presidents, not to mention the bleak future candidates being shoved down our throats, I find myself too much of a revolutionary. My career as a politician would be very short I think.

The truth is, some of the politicians in S.C. are complete clowns. It wouldnt take very much to win a seat in a public office. This story is the proof.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
Clyburn Alleges Conspiracy To Plant Candidates In Three Dem Primaries In S.C.

tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com...

Something doesn't add up. Where does an unemployed veteran living with his parents come up with the $10,000 filing fee ?

No kidding.
This does sound fishy.

I'd trace the money because this just seems like good press for the Right who have been talking about this for a while now.

Originally posted by Carseller4
This is too funny to be true.

Don't see how Democrats can be upset about this? Another black man with no credentials running for Senate. Maybe, if elected, after 9 months he could run for President?

Sound familar?

No.

Are you joking?
Obamas' credentials are there and he wasn't unemployed.

- Community organizer
- Harvard Law School Gradute: (J.D. magna cum laude)
- Worked for various law firms
- Visiting Law and Government Fellow at the University of Chicago Law School
- Professor at the University of Chicago Law School
- Senior Lecturer at the University of Chicago Law School
- Directed Illinois's Project Vote
- Counsel at Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland
- Boards of directors of the Woods Fund of Chicago
- Board of directors of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge

That was before he became Senator.
If that constitutes "no credentials", your credentials must be absolutely STELLAR!

- Lee

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Mr. Clyburn needs to clean his own act up before pointing fingers. Who do yall trust, the career politician that gets paid off through his son or a regular guy?

Not saying it isn't weird, but if I decided to run for an office, this is the kind of story that would come out about me. And I would trust myself much more than any of the current officials, and Clyburn is no exception. He's the status quo.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

First off I don't think that he can run for President in 2012. According to the media, the guy is only 32, you have to be 35 to be President. It would depend on the date of his birth.

I love all of these howling Democrats. It doesn't matter if the guy was a Republican plant. The voters voted for him! :lol

What is it going to be this year? Every time a Democrat stubs their toe are they going to cry "Republican Plot!" ?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Sound's like the guy need's a P.R. representative.... You'd think people would be jumping at the chance...after all he came up with $10,400 in less than a week or two, got great fundraising potential.....

top topics

join