It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H1N1 decision free of money interest: WHO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

H1N1 decision free of money interest: WHO

www.cbc.ca

The head of the World Health Organization says her decisions about swine flu were not influenced by advisers' links to pharmaceutical companies, which were pointed out in a critical journal article this month.

The article last week in the BMJ, formerly known as the British Medical Journal, pointed out that WHO did not disclose potential conflicts of interest among some of the experts involved in writing guidelines for pandemic flu preparations.

Read more: www.cbc.ca...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Looks like someone dared to scrutinize the WHO, and it's role in the windfall profits of the noble pharmaceutical industry.

Three scientists out of 22 who worked on the guidelines were named as having received some money from pharmaceuticals. The scientists did not work at the drug companies, but were paid for things like speaking at meetings sponsored by them.

The guidelines recommend, among other things, that countries consider buying antivirals and vaccines to combat a pandemic.

Well, this would be newsworthy, except...

The authors of the BMJ article suggest, without providing direct evidence, that these scientists' ties to pharmaceutical companies influenced WHO's recommendation that countries buy drugs and vaccines — adding to those drug companies' profits.

Still... my interest is peaked, and it would be nice to see this get traction.... but why do I suspect it won't?

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Of course the WHO push for H1NI was not money motivated. Im glad they put that to rest. Why would we have any reason to doubt them, besides the fact that the level 6 global pandemic was totally uncalled for, cost governments around the world billions of dollars, put billions of citizens at risk from toxic vaccines, and lined the pockets of big pharma? O well, I guess it was an innocent mistake, just like fabricating data on Global Warming. Of course, Al Gore was not money motivated in that either. Yup, it all makes sense. We can sleep easy now.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I love these kinds of stories.

So either it was a bad decision, or a corrupt decision. Either way ...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Angiras

Spot on.

Move along now, nothing to see here.

Wasn't it about 5 months of news terror about the H1N1 on the global population, then, Poof! Gone, just disappeared!

(I didn't believe it from day 01! I will never get the flu shot or anything resembling the flu shot)

Then, a little investigation, where this thread picks up.

It is a large and arduous process educating my friends and family, and some non friends.

I had to educate my brother last week what a false flag is!?! He didn't have a clue. I am not going into the other things he refuses to believe, for a fine college grad.

These people(gen MSM news sheeple population) can't even put their brain around the ungodly things our corporations(bilderburgs) and government are doing right in front of us(they aren't even hiding it anymore!).

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Well either way the WHO exaggerated the threat from Swine Flu to either simply get more funding from governments around the world . Sure they could have been out to the fill pockets of pharmaceutical companies recent events such as the Bail Outs mean that such greed is sadly hardly rare . I didn't get the Flu Vaccination this year so I happily haven't been vaccinated against HN1 .

Cheers xpert11.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I'm sure this is not the end of this. There will be a lot more news as the court cases progress. TPTB tried an old-school scheme in a new-school era, and it didn't work.

I imagine the vast majority of us here on ATS didn't get the vaccine and also spread the word to people we cared about. They say word-of-mouth is the best advertising, and boy did they get our words-of-mouth.

I myself was suspicious from the very beginning, but once they raised the pandemic level to 6 I knew it was a set-up. Apparently, millions of others realized this too--wasn't that long ago the news broke about how they had to destroy millions upon millions of the vaccine because, go figure, the demand never met the supply.

new topics

top topics

join