It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Constitution Reprint carries a warning label

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
Spooner ...

I have to agree with everything he says.

I am my own master, I am not a slave or a subject.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by mnemeth1]

Does anyone else see the contradiction here? perhaps he means he is a Master Follower......Baaahh.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by pryingopen3rdeye]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
A far more better label would have been Warning Many Americans Only Obey Or Follow The Aspects Of the Constitution That Suit Them . You know the people that want to keep there guns , display paranoia against the census and not want to pay Federal Income Tax even thou its Constitutionally mandated . Then the same people go use the Federal highway system and possible visit or live in areas covered by Louisiana Purchase which went against the sainted document .

[edit on 10-6-2010 by xpert11]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wonder have Wilder Publications put this disclaimer into their stock of Bibles and other Holy texts ?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After some research this appears to be the case, though, only in regards to historical texts, not holy ones.

According to this Amazon.com link the publisher (Wilder Publications) puts this disclaimer before all of its historical books.

The same disclaimer appears in their copy of The Illiad and The Odyssey by Homer.

Sadly, I think my research will be for not and this may end up being the last post on the first page of a thread that could extend to many, many pages.

Well done links234. Nice find !

That this is a standard disclaimer by Wider Publications on all classic books, is a more than significant discovery imho.

Well followed up .

------------------------

[edit on 10-6-2010 by UmbraSumus]

[edit on 10-6-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye

Does anyone else see the contradiction here? perhaps he means he is a Master Follower......Baaahh.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by pryingopen3rdeye]

I think this is a good thread to discuss the Constitution, so I shall respond to your claims.

Being one's own master means not depending upon others to "grant" me rights or "protect" me from harm or "provide for" my welfare.

Agreeing with Spooner does not abdicate my rights.

Agreeing with the Constitution does.

If I was to say I agree with the Constitution, necessarily I would be saying that I agree that there should be men placed in authority over me that have more rights than I do.

This is nonsense.

No man is more important or has more rights than myself.

I do not need a government to steal from others to support me.

I do not need a government to steal from others to protect me.

I do not need a government to steal from others to provide for my welfare.

I am more than capable of doing those things on my own without having looting thuggery done on my behalf.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I agree with the warning.

I don't want my government/future generations to follow a piece of 200+ year old paper.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by WXBackdoor]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Wasn't there just a thread on avoiding falling into the typical negative news traps?

Don't get me wrong. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't take a stance on this. However, is this an issue or a side-effect of society (not just the labeling, but also your reaction to it)?

Let's step back.

As usual, FOX runs a story on how the mythical left is trying to destroy the principles of the country.

Typical framing. Typical result.

"Oh, those damn progressives are at it again! Shredding (metaphorically) the constitution. Censuring it! The nerve of those liberals."

A liberal response might go: "Those conservatives overreact. The constitution IS a living document and needs to reflect changes in the world that have happened. It needs to reflect progress."

Sounds pretty canonical to me:

Conservative: traditional --> Conserving things the way they are.
Progressives: innovative --> Progressing toward change.

Conservatives live in the past and Progressives live in the future.

So tell me, who is living in the PRESENT??? Because the present is all there ever is....ironically, all there EVER will be and all there EVER was.

Seems to me that both are incorrect parties. Seems to me that the constitution should be a model of things, but should not be totally changed. However, we cannot be so naive to believe that it can never change to reflect the present. Is there no middle ground here?

The fact that the discussion is narrowed to the simple two-sided, left vs. right argument is typically negative and derisive. Is this not clear to any of you? How do you reconcile this?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Excellent post OP! S&F fer sure!

In fact just as others have pointed out YES it is damn scary to read and actually SEE the atrocities taking place today! Something that our forefathers had the foresight and knowledge to warn us about while attempting to safeguard us from them!

It is now CLEAR as to why TPTB are so threatened by this living/breathing document. What is discerning tho is how we ALL see this blatant disregard and violation of our nations founding document...a document that when it served to suit TPTB they would revert to as justification for their positions, and yet use that very same document to basically wipe their A$$E$ with when it is to protect the people.

And finally what is MOST discerning is how we Americans (when making reference to Americans in this context...I am referring to Generation X and older as I cannot comment as to what is currently being taught to newer generations) but how is it that we were TAUGHT in school about our Constitution, Declaration of Independence, and Bill of Rights...yet this is continuing to happen right before our very eyes, AND NO ONE IS ENFORCING THE RULES THAT MANY HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED FOR?!?!

If EVERYONE that had EVER or is CURRENTLY sworn to "protect and defend our nation from ALL enemies both FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC"...but THIS WOULDN'T BE HAPPENING had those documents been taken seriously. What a sad (yet exciting in that we are FINALLY waking up and learning our TRUE history and existence), but SAD time we all are living in :-/ If we eventually ARE able to defeat the evil PTB in this world and take our country/world back...then I can only PRAY that we do not forget and/or allow those that are responsible (mainstream media, majority of those politicians who are corrupt and paved the way for this to have happened, and everyone else who conspired for this to happen)...but we MUST NOT allow ourselves to EVER TO BECOME COMPLACENT AGAIN!! THIS MUST NOT EVER BE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN AGAIN! WE MUST BE VIGILANT AND BRING THOSE RESPONSIBLE TO JUSTICE!!

That right there would be a NEW WORLD that I would be in favor of!! A world free of this scum that believes that they should be the only ones to "inherit" this Earth and be entitled to it's resources, and think that they can play God by choosing who gets to live in slavery and who doesn't. No..we must NEVER forget this most diabolical plot that has been centuries in the making. So as hard as it is (and becoming harder and harder each and every day)...but as hard as it is, I still have faith and hope that we the PEOPLE OF THE EARTH will defeat those who represent evil and wish us harm, and NEVER AGAIN allow something like that from EVER being allowed to happen again. Once that battle has ended, a new one will begin by rooting out those remaining elements of evil, and THEN SETTING OUT TO REPRODUCE EVERY HISTORY BOOK IN THE WORLD that will serve to educate humanity as to its TRUE EXISTENCE and to document those evil entities and their deception/manipulative means...means that enabled them to grab a foothold in the first place so that we can do our best to prevent this from ever happening again.

I pray :-/

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

First off, the Cosntitution is a "corporate" document, IT was created because the founding fathers did not trust each other. The Bill of Rights is SEPERATE and exclusive to the people. The first 10 amendments are THE ONLY lawfully ratified amendments. THESE and these alone PROTECT the natural rights of man.

TOO many people for far too long have misunderstood what the Constitution was written for, why does every State have it's own Constitution? Has anyone ever wondered about that, why would you need a Constitution in every state if the U.S. Contitution says it all? The U.S. is seperate and different from the U.S.A., this is where people are fooled and duped. Don't fall into that trap. Be Sovereign. Remove yourself from the enslavement system by reclaiming the strawman that was created to enslave you. Simple really. UCC-1, check your states, State Department website, you will find the forms there.

Check out this thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by minute2midnight
A sign of things to come? No. This is a sign of things that have already passed. This country is dead, we are living off the corpse.

[edit on 6/10/2010 by minute2midnight]

Hey I think I knew you in a past life. Were you the dude lamenting on the pier "Gee whiz fellas, England's gonna win, plus that tea never did nothin' to nobody."

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
well as usual I see the rhetoric flying
as if we're in some secret back room
of congress. As if we're deciding on
the fate of the document. Sorry, but
that was already done over 200 yrs ago.
Live with it
or
live without it
(fathom to think)

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I can't believe how many posters are saying that there is no need for the Constitution?
Do you realize that it lets you p....ehhh forget it.
That, in and of itself is Un-American!
To this day, I wonder how many people would love to see the gov't run everything?
You want it like that, posters? Goto CHINA.
They'd love to have you.

[facepalm]
Really.
Just plain ignorance.

boondock.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

That´s grotesque.

To do that is to influence the reader about what he is going to discover in those classics.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
“This book is a product of its time and does not reflect the same values as it would if it were written today.”

Am I the only one that thinks The Bible should come with the same warning?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I have to agree with Bush *shock*

The constitution is just a god damn piece of paper.

Well, in fact, you don't agree with Bush. What he said and meant by that phrase is far different than what you mean by it. Same words but apples and oranges in subtsance.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Those warnings have been in place for at least a decade and are true. Read the 10 planks of the communist manifesto. The Constitution was killed by Abraham Lincoln and the 14th ammendment. None of this should be shocking to anyone.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
A far more better label would have been Warning Many Americans Only Obey Or Follow The Aspects Of the Constitution That Suit Them . You know the people that want to keep there guns , display paranoia against the census and not want to pay Federal Income Tax even thou its Constitutionally mandated . Then the same people go use the Federal highway system and possible visit or live in areas covered by Louisiana Purchase which went against the sainted document .

[edit on 10-6-2010 by xpert11]

If you only knew how self-contradictory your statement is. Try doing some research and reflective thought before posting such sweeping and false generalizations.

[edit on 6/10/2010 by dubiousone]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok

I can't believe how many posters are saying that there is no need for the Constitution?
Do you realize that it lets you p....ehhh forget it.
That, in and of itself is Un-American!
To this day, I wonder how many people would love to see the gov't run everything?
You want it like that, posters? Goto CHINA.
They'd love to have you.

[facepalm]
Really.
Just plain ignorance.

boondock.

I know what you mean, BUT, how many people can really understand the ramifications of the Constitution? It RESTRICTS government/corporation activity, to not infringe on the people, BUT again, it applies TO the government/corporation and NOT the people, THAT is why the Bill of Rights was created, some of the founding fathers KNEW what the rest were up to. So they created the Bill of Rights to protect the ordinary Citizens from the government overstepping it's bounds and therefore usurping the rights of the people. See, if everyone understood where he stands and that WE have been duped and our authority OVER the government has been stripped from us, then there would be a revolution by tomorrow morning. Unfortunately soooooo many people don't get it.

The Declaration of Independence is what really matters to the people. The Congress CAN NOT legislate FOR the people or TO the people, they can only deal with foreign affairs and commerce. BUT, they have come up with some deceitful ways to over run us without our paying attention. NOW we have to claim our sovereignty back and set the record straight, until you realize exactly what has been done and how to rectify it, all this is a waste of time.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Being one's own master means not depending upon others to "grant" me rights or "protect" me from harm or "provide for" my welfare.

Agreeing with Spooner does not abdicate my rights.

Agreeing with the Constitution does.

If I was to say I agree with the Constitution, necessarily I would be saying that I agree that there should be men placed in authority over me that have more rights than I do.

This is nonsense.

No man is more important or has more rights than myself.

I do not need a government to steal from others to support me.

I do not need a government to steal from others to protect me.

I do not need a government to steal from others to provide for my welfare.

I am more than capable of doing those things on my own without having looting thuggery done on my behalf.

Sorry, polyanna, but without some form of government, however limited, you wouldn't survive a year. Those who have no respect for your "rights" would quickly prevail. You'd be spending every waking moment guarding yourself and those you care for from being beaten, maimed, and killed, and your property and possessions from being taken away. You would not be able to defend yourself against them.

What you describe exists only in fantasy. Those who have no respect for anyone's "rights" would swiftly trample you into the ground.

It's funny how people like you and Spooner, who are able to freely entertain and distribute your fantasies of freedom without government, fail to see that you are able to indulge in such fantasies only because of the safety and security provided by the very government you so despise.

The problems we have today exist because the principles espoused by the Constitution are contemptuously disregarded by those who have gained positions of power from the early days of this country to the present time. That includes presidents, congress, the courts, the media and, sadly, even the general public who have let it all take place.

[edit on 6/10/2010 by dubiousone]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Unbelievable! This is starting to get a little disheartening. There should NEVER be a "Warning" attached to the Constitution.....That is who we are! There is a school district here in Arizona that is now giving kids partial credit for all their work. In other words, The way it was described to us was, If a question is worth 10pts, if you attempt to answer it and you get it wrong, you still get 5 pts!

There is also a Soccer league here that says, If a WINNING team wins by 6 or more points, the other team wins! People are afraid that if kids get blown out, their selfesteam will be hurt!

Now this! When will it end? Our President has NO idea how to be President. Granted, I've never been President, I'm sure its a little more difficult then I think, but, the point is, he continues to blow even the basic of calls. He hasn't even talked to the CEO of BP!!! How does that happen? Even I know that should be the first thing to happen. I'm ashamed to say I did vote for him.......His "we can change" got me..... I PROMISE I will NOT vote for him again. The only way to TRULY make change is by voting ALL of them out and starting again. GO CALIFORNIA! So glad to see The claiber of women that are now running for office...TRUE EXPERIENCE. Sorry for the rant......I just can't believe this new piece of info..Thanks for posting it!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Constitutional interpretation is a matter of extensive controversy. Many of our supreme court justices interpret the constitution in different ways thereby impacting many of the laws we live by (or don't live by). I think the disclaimer that the publisher attached is trying to reflect this in some manner. Do I believe the disclaimer should be there? NO. The constitution is a historical document that has influenced everyone in America's lives in one way or another. The document should be read and interpreted by each individual in his or her own way WITHOUT any preconceived idea's about the document. FREEDOM of interpretation. This disclaimer is just another incidence of the slight erosion of our freedoms. Teaching CHILDREN that the constitution may not reflect our nations current views on decisive issues could and probably will lead to the further erosion of our freedoms without there being any questioning as to why, blindly accepting and believing that our government must be right in all it does. History repeats itself. If we have no documents that baseline that history we are destined to repeat that history and not evolve and become the race we are meant to be. The disclaimer diminishes the importance of this historical document.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join