Odd public housing rule that makes 3 people share one bedroom

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

Once again they are not asking the taxpayer to foot the bill. I know because we all pay taxes that is why you are saying this. They pay taxes as well.
She is looking for a job but there are not many jobs out there. She is recquired to apply for 3 jobs a week and she applies for 5.
If he is getting sugery no he can't even do a desk job.
Public housing is really what all housing should be based upon 30% of a person's income.
She has a child to take of as well and working 2 jobs is not feasible. He can't pick up the child or change her diaper. The child is 1 and a half and not potty trained yet.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Uh, wtf do you think "public housing " is? Its funded by the taxpayer.

Seriously, is this a troll post?

If they are in the situation you just described, how stupid are they to be adopting another child that they cant support?

Irresponsibility rears its ugly head yet again.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Okay, I'll give her one extra bedroom for the kid, but THREE bedrooms!?

I remember living down the hall from a family with 2 children. They lived in a 1 bedroom apartment and converted the living room of the apartment into a bedroom for the kids. If people like my neighbors had to make due with one bedroom, why can't the people you know make due with two?!

Sorry, but this guy's religious hangups are too expensive. He should either marry this woman ASAFP or live in sin.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

what is your problem? Have you never been poor? Let's just make everyone work 60 hours a week so they become disillusioned and become suicidal.
I worked 60 hours a week before and I almost did not make it through that experience. I strongly disagree with our work very very hard mentality. I belive in a 30 hour work week, 2 days off, affordable housing, reasonable laws and livable wages.
What the Heck is wrong with that?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I currently live in MO, and as far as public housing, for the person who stated that they will receive some money, and they can put in the rest is a great idea. Sometimes you have to find the right area. Since neither are currently working, it would be easier now to look in a different area, as far as I know public housing/section 8 can be moved all over the U.S.

I know of areas that have homes 3+ bedrooms for $450-$650 a month, and with the economy the way it is, most people would love to get someone on a program like that.

I would suggest that they look at all local newspapers for the state online. Thats how I came to MO from NY, did everything online without even coming here in person. As for as they know they could find a much nicer area, and easier means to fend for themselves in a smaller more rural area.

Hope this helps.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

what the heck is a troll? I am not trolling.
I just value intelligent thought which you seem to be lacking.
Seriously don't you have any common sense?
I have little tolerance for judgements.
She started fostering the child before she was laid off. If you really want to know the child is friend's who was on drugs. Her friend just left her kid with her and called her up to set up a fostering parent arrangement. She has given up her rights to the child 100% and the state is trying to locate the father.
Not everyone has this perfect little life.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by dreamseeker]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

That is a thought. They would have to move somewhere close due to money problems. They could maybe look into Nebraska or Iowa that may be cheaper. Since they are so desperate they will probably have to take the one bedroom for now and save up money to move again in a year.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

You value intelligent thought, yet you misspell a large portion of the words you type.

Nice.

You believe in a 30 hour work week, hahahahahaahahahaha.

Life is not a free ride. I know irresponsible people like you have a hard time understanding that, but if you want something, you have to work for it.

There is affordable housing, just not in a part of town you want to live in. Too bad, thats your problem.

Just out of curiosity, are you on any form of public assistance program? Food stamps? Section 8? TANF? Anything?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
reply to post by brilab45

So does that mean that they allow each person to have their own bedroom if it falls within the limit?
I wander if they need to chose a different place? There are not many public housing choses in this area. Thank you for mentioning that because it gave me a new line of thinking to help them by locating a different complex or asking what the limit is for public housing.
I am sure it is more than $500 but that is a question I willl have my friend ask the housing authority.

I have to apologize, I'm not sure if public housing and section 8 housing are the same program.

I can tell you this, I got really sick and could not work and filed for section 8. But that is what they told me....up to $500.00 as a single person. It did not matter how many rooms. Granted, I was physically disabled at the time and was approved.

Fortunately, at the same time I got housing approval, my retirement got approved and I was able to buy my own house.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

what the heck is a troll? I am not trolling.

I like a good, creative troll as much as the next guy, but this is an example of bad trolling. Everybody knows what a troll is. If you are aware of obscure public housing regulations, you should be aware of what a troll is.

Please don't tell me you think "LOL" and "OMG" are somebody's initials...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

So what if I accidentally misspell. We all make mistakes and no one is perfect.
I truly dislike judgemental people.
Unless you are some sort of god you should not judge others.
I guess that is more your problem than mine.
Working 30 hours a week is not a free ride. WHAT? in what world do you live in? I really want to know so I can go live there where everyone has a 40 hour job and no one is poor. (LOL)

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Working 30 hours a week is not a free ride. WHAT? in what world do you live in? I really want to know so I can go live there where everyone has a 40 hour job and no one is poor. (LOL)

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Actually I meant she can remain in MO, their area dozens of small towns, I know that it would be easier to stay in this state so that they wouldn't have to change all their information, and re-do what they've done here. She can type newspapers in MO, and get all the listing and find which ones will suit her.

As far as the moving part if she decided to move to another state, the salvation army gives tickets to families that cannot afford them. All she would have to do is show proof that she has some where else to go.

Restarting somewhere else is hard as it is, when their are places here that though smaller or rural have convenient public door-to-door transportation, as well as accomedations for those with disabilities.

I hate to see someone when their down especially when a child id involved.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

HUH what? I am not trying to sell you anything. I am NOT angling for anything? STOP Being judgemental. This is an innocent post just trying to help out a friend.
What kind of society do we live in where asking for help or information is seen as trolling. GEES!!!!!

[edit on 9-6-2010 by dreamseeker]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Then why dont you move to France?

I've been poor (as in sleeping in the back of my truck because I didnt have a house poor). I know life sucks sometimes, but the first step is admitting irresponsibility, and eliminating all unnecessary costs. Taking on another mouth to feed is irresponsible.

Seriously, if you want to move to France, I will fund the entire move, as long as you never step foot in the U.S. again.

Sound good?

link   
reply to post by brilab45

Public housing is government owned housing for people with low income. Section 8 housing is privately owned housing that is rented out to people with low incomes. The government subsidizes a portion of the rent Section 8 tenants pay.

link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

maybe I am a little naive but I truly believe in people helping people. I believe that everyone has been down on their luck at some point. I am shocked by any sort of judgements. It makes me sad really.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Why would I move? That would not help my friends.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Why would I move? That would not help my friends.

That way you can go work your 30 hour week, and live high on the hog on the taxpayer dime.

You never answered the question: Are you on any form of public assistance?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I thought you did not know what trolling was? Maybe a troll is somebody who seeks out information for a friend?

PS There is nothing wrong with being judgmental. We all make judgments all the time. Our judgments may be imperfect because we do not have all the facts and/or are unable to properly analyze the information presented to us, but as humans we judge nevertheless.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join