It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how big are we anyhow?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Hello fellow ATS members.

I found myself wondering how many people are (to take a line from Network) "mad as hell and not going to take it anymore!" I would be willing to bet that the number is larger than we might think. Part of the treatment concerning conspiracy theorists and fringe thinkers is to make them think that their numbers are small and insignificant. But then you come to places like ATS or start talking to random people as you go about your day and you soon discover that people in general are pretty pissed about what is going on around them and their own inability to stop it.

Here is what I was thinking. What if we could organize a day where people all over the world refused to participate in the global markets. By this I mean we pick a day and everyone refuses to go to school or work on that day in the name of "Disinformation". Instead we spend that day either doing our own research on the topics we find "unsettling" or we make up groups and spend the day protesting/street preaching/handing out info (anything to make others aware) about whatever topic you would like to draw more attention to.

If we passed this message to others like us not here on ATS and actually got a little movement going I think we would be amazed at the amount of people that are looking for answers and willing to take a stand. The sudden ripple in the business world would be felt across the globe and perceived as a warning to TPTB of our numbers. We would show the rest of the world just how many of us are out here and how many of us are fed up.

We would be creating a strong wave of good in a world full of BS.

Is this a feasible idea?

Thoughts brothers and sisters?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by underduck

Is this a feasible idea?

No.

But I like your attitude.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

This is the achilles heel of the elite.

The true reason this will never happen however is not because the elites are in control, quite the opposite.

Its all written. Its up to anyone who wants to be a part of the book thats yet to be written to follow its advice.

This is the lesson not just for me or for you but for everyone, regardless of who they are.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by underduck
By this I mean we pick a day and everyone refuses to go to school or work on that day in the name of "Disinformation".

Right on...However we are in a Recession. I still like the idea, but I'd probably at least call in. Can't just not show up to work.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
When I am out and about in town I talk to people--the checkout girls, the people standing in line next to me, etc. Just random people on the street, and I am continuously surprised at how much people are waking up to the corruption in our government and our general economic system. These people may not be denizens of ATS, but the majority of them are definitely on our side. They can smell the rats in the woodwork.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Then I am doing it. On my own or with a bunch of you guys.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

That works for me. Take a personal day, call in sick, take vacation, or just don't show up. The point is to take yourself out of the equation.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by underduck
reply to post by XXXN3O

Then I am doing it. On my own or with a bunch of you guys.

How big are we?
We are fed up too!

[edit on 9-6-2010 by RRokkyy]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Maybe you should name the day a different name. Is it only going to be for ATS users?
Maybe it should be like "Operation Disinformation" day...and then we choose a place to meet up. Maybe have a festival in the name of ATS...justa thought.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Love the concept, but the Emergency Room better stay open.

2nd line.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Over many years of contract work for many, many companies, I have always, in every business worked with people who know something is fundamentally wrong with the uSA. Every single company. That doesn't mean we've seen eye to eye, but it means 100% people know in their hearts somethings not right.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ReelView

This is what I am talking about. I am not suggesting that we all get together in one spot. I am saying as individuals we go about our day investigating issues or informing others about current issues.

This could be huge if you think about the amount of people that could just bow out of the "rat race" for a day.

brilab45 - agreed but we can get people in the emergency room to wear pins or armbands in support of the idea.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
DISGRUNTLED SLAVE DAY 2010

Hmm... great idea if there wasn't such a damn excess of slaves. I do like the idea of an event, however, to draw attention to some of the realities we all acknowledge - particularly if through that event you can manifest some sort of media sensation. Like an uncontrolled tea party movement, eh?

join