It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Internet Addicts Stage Mutiny at Boot Camp!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Darn Teenagers!

"Fourteen young detainees overcame their guard and fled a boot camp regime of physical training and psychological treatment designed to cure their addiction — to the internet.

The group, aged 15 to 22, staged their mass breakout by grabbing a duty supervisor when he was in bed and immobilising him in his quilt.

He shouted for help and they apologised before tying him up. They then made their way in groups of three to the home town of the leader of the group.

The addicts made their break from the Huai’an Internet Addiction Treatment Centre in eastern Jiangsu province last Wednesday, complaining that they could no longer endure its “monotonous work and intensive training”.

Chinese Internet Addicts Stage Mutiny

Poor Mao must be spinning in his tomb!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Oh crap. Do you know what is probably next for them?

Since they are so rebellious they will probably be executed.

I wish I were joking...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I doubt it, though, as always, with teenagers it's tempting.
Ok, sorry.
I do doubt it, those days are coming to an end in China. It would be counter productive for the Government.
Do people really care about freedom and democracy, or will they be happy with consumer goods au go go, AND a totalitarian regime?
I think the latter, plenty of toys are better than freedom to many people, is that the future?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
hahahaha

Anyone seen 'Battle Royale' ?

That'll be their next camp.

Ooops just remembered that Battle Royale was Japanese, so whatever the alternative is for China. I think fairplay to them anyway
shows initiative.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Internet addiction is occuring worldwide not just in china. At least china seems to be doing something to counter it. What are western countries doing to solve the problem of internet addiction they have ? Until your own house is in order dont condemn others.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Internet addiction is occuring worldwide not just in china. At least china seems to be doing something to counter it. What are western countries doing to solve the problem of internet addiction they have ? Until your own house is in order dont condemn others.

I am not condemning them. I wish for these victimized youngsters to NOT be condemned for simply loving their computers.

What should we imprison and "treat" people for newspaper addiction? You know they always are reading that rag...

What about people who listen to the radio all the time? Or people that watch TV all day? What about people that play cards all night?

I am sure we can find something to arrest EVERYONE with this "Addiction" logic.

I am simply pointing out the major stunning flaws in the "addiction" bs. And how it is used to victimize and torture innocent people. They are probably doped up on medications and force fed propaganda about getting a job at the factory or something absurd like that.

Yeah that same factory where reports indicate that thousands of workers die regularly and get diseased from the unregulated toxic environmental conditions.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Originally posted Expat888

At least China seems to be doing something to counter it. What are western countries doing to solve the problem of Internet addiction they have ?

Be quite or do you'll give NWO ideas!!! Do really want Big Government monitoring your PC use, or watching you to make sure you get enough sleep? Because that's what a China-Western solution looks to me.

Internet addiction is merely a social reflection-symptom of modern living. Humans are supposed to be community-tribal animals, but today's work-pace of life, removes many people from enough, social interaction, opportunity. The Internet is simply the latest "cure" to all that.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
A friends son went to one of the camps for internet addiction there. From what he said they did was. Physical exercise in the morning , then they did schoolwork - regular classes on normal subjects of study. The main point was to get them weaned off the web as most spent so much time online that they couldnt do anything offline or away from a pc. My friends son nor any of the rest were or are drugged. He is back home now and next year will be going to university. He does use pc to study but when not studying he exercises, goes out with friends and leads a life away from the pc.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
He does use pc to study

I hope you are telling the truth about no drugging. This sounds like very good news thanks. I hope it's true.

Also about the comment I quoted. I want to debate it. lol.

I think the PC should be used for video games. IMHO. That is what it is best at, and that is what mine is designed specifically for.

I think BOOKs and publications are for studying. If you want to really get into some serious research, visit the library and stick to the books.

Using a computer to look up books is acceptable though.

But I admit I do a lot of research on my pc these days, so take what I say in the most sarcastic way possible lol.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

The web is a good tool for research, study and even gaming as usually takes some thinking to play games . Problem happens when people get so engrossed in the web they end up not eating, not sleeping, neglecting family, school, work.. There have been cases of people dying sitting at the keyboard for DAYS at a time without a break to take care of their physical needs. Technology has its uses but people must use it wisely and remember to take care of their physical needs as well..
Am going to china again in sept to visit my friends there will try to remember to ask him more about it.

top topics

join