It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demons 101

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

"Can I control a Demon through force of will/religious faith/cookies?

The answer to all of the above is a resounding NO There are so many people who believe in certain religions who will swear up and down that you can command a demon to go away in the name of a prophet or lord and the demon will. There are even more alarming individuals out there who believe that you can mentally control a demon once summoned to go out do your bidding. Those people are all mistaken - sadly mistaken."
(mf_luder)

Introduction
According to the mythical history of the document, as recorded in its introduction, Solomon wrote the book for his son Roboam, and commanded him to hide the book in his sepulchre upon his death. After many years the book was discovered by a group of Babylonian philosophers repairing Solomon's tomb. None could interpret the text, until one of them, Iohé Grevis, suggested that they should entreat the Lord for understanding. The Angel of the Lord appeared to him and extracted a promise that he would keep the text hidden from the unworthy and the wicked, after which he was able to read it plainly. Iohé Grevis then placed a conjuration on the book that the unworthy, the unwise or those who did not fear God would not attain the desired effect from any of the workings contained therein.

[edit] Book I
The Key of Solomon. Book I contains conjurations, invocations and curses to summon and constrain spirits of the dead and demons, forcing them to do the operator's will. It also describes how to find stolen items, become invisible, gain favour and love, and so on.

[edit] Book II
Book II describes various purifications which the operator (termed "exorcist") should undergo, how they should clothe themselves, how the magical implements used in their operations should be constructed, and what animal sacrifices should be made to the spirits.

en.wikipedia.org...

"The Key of Solomon is divided into two books. It describes not the appearance or work of any demon but only the necessary drawings to prepare each experiment.

Unlike later grimoires such as the Pseudomonarchia Daemonum (16th century) or the Lemegeton (17th century ), the Key of Solomon does not mention the signature of the seventy-two spirits constrained by King Solomon in a bronze vessel.

As in most medieval grimoires, all magical operations are ostensibly performed through the power of God, to whom all the invocations are addressed. Before any of these operations (termed "experiments") are performed, the operator must confess his sins and purge himself of evil, invoking the protection of God.

Elaborate preparations are necessary, and each of the numerous items used in the operator's "experiments" must be constructed of the appropriate materials obtained in the prescribed manner, at the appropriate astrological time, marked with a specific set of magical symbols, and blessed with its own specific words. All substances needed for the magic drawings and amulets are detailed, as well as the means to purify and prepare them. Many of the symbols incorporate the Transitus Fluvii occult alphabet."

SOURCE

You referenced the Keys of Soloman I just looked them up and realized it said you can summon a demon to do your bidding, I'm confused, it also mentions that you need to be cleansed by God or invoke Gods protection maybe you can elaborate this for me as I'm not an expert on the occult or demons or nothing like that. Thanks Ahead

Edit: citation

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Brotherman]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

I have a question for you about the pre-christian or pagan demons. If it's a regional demon do the methods used by the indigenous people work better? I ask because I have wondered if all demons are the same creatures but they have to "adapt" to the local paradigm.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This seems like a good place to put this question/story. I am curious if this is just a physiological thing, or something more. When I was in elementary school my best friend and his older brother and a few other people did the whole Weegee board thing, nothing happened with the board itself, but the whole night was extremely bizarre. When we were all around the board and one of the older siblings was doing a chant of some kind, a mirror they had placed over the fireplace shattered outward, as if something came through (out of) it, Simultaneously all of the candles in the room went out (40+ candles) and the room filled with sulfur smelling smoke. A couple of the older siblings at this point started throwing kosher salt around the room as the rest of us broke into panic. All this commotion woke the parents who thought we had started a fire. We opened the windows and put box fans in them to disperse the smoke, and ran water to "Cleanse" the rooms the water, even coming out of the cold tap was burning hot. Mind you I was quite young (in elementary school, a christian school even)

I always have this...feeling like there is something wrong with my subconscious, or like there is something guiding me to some purpose, I have been in several high speed car and motorcycle crashes and never sustained any grievous injury. I have tried hypnosis (a friend of a friend, not a pro) and I reacted very badly to it. After I was put "to sleep" I attacked the hypnotist. He "woke" me and I stopped. I have a tendency to look down at people, not that they seem "Lesser" but they just feel like "prey." This feeling echos in my dreams, which are exceedingly disturbing when I write them down, but have no effect on me at all in the dream.

I have tried fung shuei mirrors, salt in windows. I have talked to numerous "Experts" and they don't take me seriously. I've done some meditation and martial arts training, trying to get more "In touch" with myself.

Perhaps you can shed some light on my situation, be it a "real" occurrence, or just my mind playing tricks on me.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CSArnold

Sounds to me like you either woke up something that didn't want to be woken up ... or you opened a door for something very bad. As far as your outlook on life, I think the experience may have altered your perceptions and that could be all. A sort of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Are demons immune to bullets?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tetrarch42
Are demons immune to bullets?

Yes.

I think that goes without saying though.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Tetrarch42

To be honest I'm a little surprised that got asked.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I don't believe you can just yank a spirit out of nowhere, you can attract them though with your thoughts. And you can sort of control demons with your will power, some have utterly strong wills and powers though that you can't really compete with but it all depends on how much effort you are willing to put in to fight it.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
What are some effective ways to deter advances from malicious spirits?

I would assume focussing your mind on the emotion of Love would be a good method. Or convincing yourself to feel Compassion for the spirit trying to harm you?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
What are some effective ways to deter advances from malicious spirits?

I would assume focussing your mind on the emotion of Love would be a good method. Or convincing yourself to feel Compassion for the spirit trying to harm you?

No to both of those.

Are you asking in terms of hypothetical situations or are you experiencing something you're seeking help with?

Deterrent methods also differ depending on the type of spirit in question.

Salt has been used since well before the time of Christ as an effective ward against a host of spirits - ranging all the way up through demons, but there are other things that ignore it.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
No to both of those.

Are you asking in terms of hypothetical situations or are you experiencing something you're seeking help with?

Hypothetical. Fortunately, I am yet to encounter a Demon and do not intend to do so. However, this topic does intrigue me and I am interested in learning about any interactions other people have had with spirits.

Salt has been used since well before the time of Christ as an effective ward against a host of spirits - ranging all the way up through demons, but there are other things that ignore it.

I see, I guess it would depend on the severity of the presence and how much mischief it wanted to cause. Surely there must exist some positive spirits that can put fear into even the most evil Demons and make them flee?

[edit on 15/7/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

No to both of those.

Hypothetical. Fortunately, I am yet to encounter a Demon and do not intend to do so. However, this topic does intrigue me and I am interested in learning about any interactions other people have had with spirits.

I see, I guess it would depend on the severity of the presence and how much mischief it wanted to cause. Surely there must exist some positive spirits that can put fear into even the most evil Demons and make them flee?

[edit on 15/7/2010 by Dark Ghost]

Some lore holds that certain Archdemons and the like have counterparts amongst the Angels who can directly defeat them and I suppose that would put fear into them. As far as having a spirit around who would scare demons away, I haven't really heard anything like that, but if your guardian spirit/angel/animal is strong enough or of a certain type it is said that they can ward off certain things.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Some lore holds that certain Archdemons and the like have counterparts amongst the Angels who can directly defeat them and I suppose that would put fear into them. As far as having a spirit around who would scare demons away, I haven't really heard anything like that, but if your guardian spirit/angel/animal is strong enough or of a certain type it is said that they can ward off certain things.

Actually I do recall another member mentioning something about Arch Angels that can be called upon to help rid you of Demons. Maybe that is in line with what you are talking about.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Actually I do recall another member mentioning something about Arch Angels that can be called upon to help rid you of Demons. Maybe that is in line with what you are talking about.

Very true. Some of the exorcism rituals I have mention Michael in them and a couple of my books on Angelology also speak to calling upon various archangels to help rid yourself of demons. I find that just salting my house keeps 90% of the crap out though.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Just finished reading this whole thread, i'm astounded. To the OP, congratulations, i think these pages form the most comprehensive collection of "demon beliefs" in existance.

The stories contained herein are if nothing else, documentary evidence (personal testimonies) of the most bizarre events. While most have differed to a greater or lesser degree to everyone else, the points of agreement are, conclusive.

Demons DO exist.
They are invariably bad news
You cannot control them, only force them to leave
They are deceivers
They are supernaturally powerful
They can communicate with or through you
Telepathically and otherwise

I could go on for a bit, perhaps a more formal collection of the various stories and facts (?) here would be invaluable, study material. My own beliefs in this regard are christian, but in fact is was the existance of demons that most convinced me that in fact, the bible IS accurate, and we battle in with powers and principalities, NOT flesh and blood.

I take pride in being an average joe, and so any "powers" i have i feel to be common to all men. So having seen angels, demons, ghosts, and other oddities, i can only accept that they are indeed part of the "natural" world in which i find myself. The wisest thing i know about the spirit world? Leave it alone.

I'll type my own beliefs and maybe experiences up in a while, merely to add to the pot, but this post is to just re-inforce the reality of it, on all levels.

What has always worked for me? Lights on, bible open in the room, salt, the Lord's prayer is both soothing to yourself and extremely powerful against intruders. Do not fear them, it only makes them stronger, anger too. Act calmly, and with love, as you implement earthly measures to protect your space.

White wolf lady, salt under your bed, and an open bible in the room.

peace and love all

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I'd love to know exactly how much 'reach' a demon or a group of them can have:

Everything I have tried to do to further my life and talents have been stopped like a speeding train into a brick wall. The circle of friends I have like what I do, the very occasional person who sees my stuff likes it- but to get it posted even on sites like I canhazcheesburger- no dice. Photobucket? Fine. Facebook? Eh. Limited response. Every time I go 'mainstream', I don't even get 'Ew. Ugly. Take lessons'. The many attempts I have made at succeeding at almost anything: same result. It's like I am cloaked or something. This has happened with other 'windows of opportunity': Each time, I went thru the cracks and down into a hole.

I also have another problem, which I am going to describe from my end of things (not knowing any other way to describe it):

I am stuck in what appears to be an unbreakable bond with my ex g/f. What makes this 100000000x worse is the fact she's married. I am unable to break this connection. I have her in my dreams (lately, we've been kissing). The past few times, I think I have experienced at least her end of her sense of smell- I recognized a couple odors that shouldn't have been smelled due to my location.

I am reasonably sane. I do not see things without a rational explanation- and 90% of the time, I can FIND a rational explanation for anything I have seen. I usually can find the scuttling animal, or in one case- the lightening bug that got in the house (I saw a pulsating greenish glow down the hall, and went to investigate). I am not prone to hearing things. So... stuff like what I describe just drive me off my rocker. It's stuff that has no rational explanation. It's stuff that doesn't make a lick of sense. And the ex g/f thing.... I never touched her. I didn't even kiss her- I was saving that for our wedding day! I've had other women since then (21 years and counting), and not ONE affects me like this.

Should I just go brush up on my Latin pronunciation and start reciting the stuff on the first page, or is this far worse?

*edited because the spell checker likes to make a fool of me occasionally*

[edit on 19-7-2010 by wylekat]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Well the first thing I would say is that what you described has no correlation that is readily identifiable as demonic activity. I mean unless at some point in the past you had an encounter with an entity that you couldn't explain which may be causing this stuff. Aside from demons it could be everything from bad luck to a pissed off magick user. Piss off any witches?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Hi I have a few questions about demons. I've read through quite a bit of the thread and you seem very knowledgeable on the topics of demons and the supernatural.

To begin with, I am not a follower of the catholic, christian, anglican, protestant.. and any other religion of that branch, however I am familiar with the main ideas and principles having a extremely roman catholic father and step mother, both who have been trying to "convert me from my heathen ways". As well I have studied a fair bit about demonology and various summonings. I have experimented with the darker side of the occult, after watching one too many supernatural episodes... And paranormal state and one bored rainy weekend at the cottage with my friends. I haven't really encountered anything until I moved, and haven't done any demonic summonings or dark rituals in about a year and a half. Since moving I have had nightmares which are out of the ordinary for me with heavily demonic presences.

My most recent dream starts off pretty normal and all of a sudden there are flames, black smoke and a dark presence. I begin to hear chanting which is in various languages. And there are voices telling me to embrace this darkness and follow them. Some are begging me to help them, while others are urging me to follow them "to my home". during this nightmare I tried waking up by pinching my self and even biting my hand. After such the chanting got louder and and the voices became more excited, as well forms started to come out of the shadows. Upon finally waking up I noticed not only had I actually pinched my self I had in fact bitten my hand and drawn blood. As well my legs were covered in bruises which had not been present at the time and looked to be days old.

My second question is how many "species", If that is the correct term, of demons there are? I understand that there are various demons in other cultures but are they interpretations of the same demon or are they completely different?

I'm very interested in the biological and psychological side of demonic possessions and the evolution of the demonic phenomenon. As a student in the psychology field the occult and its psychological effects intrigue me.

Xiamara

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

This is just opinion, gut feel maybe. Please take with a truckload of salt and spoonful of sugar ok?

I'm with the op, not demonic. Possibly magic, but unless you know a specific reason to think that, then probably not that either. Girlfriend maybe, but again gut says nah, you just liked her a lot ;-)

This is where you cross into ther mysterious realm of "you create your own reality". Something i only believe in because i mess myself up kind of like you seem to be doing. I can't say i've solved the problem of "how to think" in a manner that furthers my own, agenda, or desires. i only know that thinking about these things tends to make them go away, somehow.

So my solution has been to stop thinking about it. I can't comment on your abilities, but you i do see, some expectation. Now in my own experience it's that expectation that came into play, and disappointed me.

So relax, smile, do what you enjoy, and to hell with what people think ;-)

peace

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

As far as your dreams go - I would have to ask if you've experienced anything outside of sleep. Any cold spots, weird smells, voices, scratching on the walls, electrical disturbances, etc. As far as the bruises on your legs go - did they appear to be self-inflicted much as the bite and pinch? If not then it is likely that there is some sort of malevolent entity there, unless you can rule out the physical phenomena with some other explanation. I'm not sure what your question was for this particular passage, but I'm assuming you want it to stop? Is this the only time it's happened or is this part of a recurring set of nightmares since you moved?

As far as "species" of demons go - there are a litany of various demons according to lore and to date, I don't think there's an exacting count of how many demons there are. There are those who will quote the exact number of "fallen angels who followed lucifer" but that lore goes back to a long time ago and since then these things have had time to multiply and grow in numbers - assuming the Christian lore was correct to begin with. As it stands, I cannot answer this question.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join