It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demons 101

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Star and Flag...Nice post. Great amount of credible and logical information. Thanks for sharing

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Hi there.
My knowledge on the subject is... Absolute zero or at the least, limited.
Never the less,
Ive followed a few of the links yet cant find any infomation of relevance to my question.

Im looking and hoping to find infomation on what 'could' be a demon.
Although the description I can give is limited, yet its all I remmember.

Firstly, the demon/entity may only appear in dreams.. Hence my caution of labling what ever it may be, since at the end of the day it could have just been a dream!!

Anyway, here is the actual discription.
Id place it at a hight of about 6ft.
Solid build, and its hard to explain, yet it either had a suit of armour on, similar to some medievil suits although it was rippled, yet this suit was entierly red. Deep Crimson red. Or was just something that was skinless and just had the bones and mucles showing.

Also the entity had a pyke/spear that was just a little higher than the thing its self.
Ive been trying to think of something similar to compare it with but remain stuck of a dicription.
I was going to say it bares a resemblance to Vlad the Impalers portrail in Bram Strokers Dracular, yet I think it dosnt do it any justice.
Acompanyed with the entity were the feelings of hate, fear and absolutely no remorse.
The main thing though was what litiraly disturbed me the most is what woke me up from the dream.
To put it bluntly, the entity slit my throat.
Quite distressing, I assure you.
It was also a double dream, in the sense that I was sleeping then my bedroom light was turned on and as I opend my eyes in reaction to this the demon struck and stepped back thats when I seen it, and then I just blacked out only to wake up seconds later thinking that it really did happen.

This only niggles my curiosity since I was reading an artical recently about dream interputation yet would like to persue all possibilitys so that I rest easy.

So out of curiosity dose anything that resembles this creature spring to mind?

Thanks for your time.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Good thread. Years ago I was one of those pentacostal Christians and had some very up close and personal experience with exorcism. Today, I am an agnostic bordering on atheist (and an engineer with a science degree). That being said, I witnessed an exorcism in particular that still wraps my analytical empirical mind in a knot! There is no way it could be explained by psychological effects and such, as it also had some paranormal elements for which no materialistic explanation exists.

My own view these days is that the human collective unconscious, via generations of mythic 'energy', through certain beliefs, memes, themes, gives rise to thought forms which express themselves in a variety of manifestations. Depending on the mythic 'charge' tapped into, these can take the form of ghosts, demons, angels, mothmen, cryptozoological beasts, apparitions (such as 'Zeta'), reptilians/greys, etc.

I have struggled long and hard to understand whether these manifestations are coming from us, or some 'outside' consciousness/intelligence (from other dimensions, etc). My own take on it now is that they somehow come from us. Consider the thought forms turned manifest as "tulpas" which go back to the Tibetan Book of the Dead. ..Or consider the case of "Phillip the Ghost" in which a thought intent experiment manifested the entity "Phillip."
www.pararesearchers.org...

I really think this stuff arises from the mythic energy which we provide and it sends it's roots down deep into the collective unconscious - and it acts as 'charge' for which when the conditions are right, certain manifestations occur. What is fascinating (and a bit scary) is that this collective unconscious gives rise to a "morphic unconscious" and it feeds of our mythic energy of belief/attention.

For those not familiar, you might want to do a search for "The Trickster and the Paranormal." It is a fascinating book, but there are some podcasts interviews out there done by the author.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by whatsup]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
How I regret summoning demons!!
I also wanted to know the truth, so I started playing with EVP recording. I started watching Youtube movies on this, followed with opening myself up for this. I started hearing voices through my headphone sounding like radio interference. Instantly I got results with EVPs, they were very negative, but I couldn't believe my ears, so I continued playing with it for 3 days, until they decided to fly to my head. Since then, 1 year ago, I hear them in my head. They also said "We've got him!! haha", I believe I'm doomed and they have rights to my soul.

The day they flew to my head, I managed to get an exorsism at a penecostal church: when they started praying, the voices in my head started screaming and they flew away, but found their way back. This is proof for me that christianity is the truth.

I hear different types of demons/spirits: some sound animal in nature, others very human, others have evil throat voices. They also speak about "We". One is keeping the door open for others to enter, when this happens I feel a soft hit to my left ear. The demons outside me I can feel with my hands.

From what they said in the EVPs, they already were a while with me.
Praying doesn't help, because I think I did the unpardonable sin: I thought the exorsism was from the devil.

I advise everyone to not play with it, it is real, the Bible is real and Jesus is real.
Btw, i get anti psychotic medications and was at a psychiatric hotel (or whatever they are called in the US) for 5 months.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Crippled]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Very interesting topic and replies. I mostly lurk around here, read and learn a lot from everyone, but felt compelled to post a reply. Hope I don't ruffle too many feelings. Just my own experience here, and not trying to push my own set of beliefs on anyone~

I am an extremely devout Roman Catholic. I attend daily Mass and Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament. I have a daily prayer life and have been graced with a visit from my deceased parents during a time of extreme difficulty in my life, which comforted me greatly. In my meditative prayer time, I am able to hear responses from my Guardian Angel and during Adoration, in my quiet reflection, I am able to hear my responses from the Lord. "Be Still and know that I am God."

I have also been visited, I guess it could be called, by the Prince of Darkness. Satan, and his Minions... He does not enjoy or want anyone being close to Our Lord and His Blessed Mother. He truly hates us. All of us. He is "the Father of Lies". I have woke up being choked, have had terrifying nightmares, have had my children being terrified with creepy laughter in their rooms, with nightmares where I am murdering people... they all know to immediately pray the "Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory Be", and this dispels the forces of darkness immediately.
I have personally confronted this Being with the "Our Father" and heard him shriek, saying, "You are killing me!" before disappearing.
Jesus has appeared once during an attack, and took my hand, and dispelled a room of demons with drops of His Precious Blood.
We have Holy Water in our home, blessed Salt, and Blessed Candles, as well as the house being Blessed. These are all worthy objects to have in your home. We all also wear blessed Scapulars on our bodies.
I know what I say will probably be viewed with skepticism, and probably flamed by many who are not religious, however, I thought I would just relate what has happened in our home, and what has worked for us.
I believe that demons are real, I also believe that many have existed for aeons... and that prayers will dispel them.
God Bless. Please do not summon them, especially if you are not equipped with the tools to rid yourself of them.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
thegoodearth
Interesting story, thanks for sharing.
So you were visited by the spirits of your deceased parents?
I still am not sure if spirits of people exsist, and thought they are demons, but you have experienced they do exsist, interesting.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Crippled]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Excuse me for not sounding to convincing this is my first post.

Well for starters I disagree with you with some of waht you said but I do agree with most of it. I think demons are evil creatures mst likely from hell. I also believe that they're all evil. I think you can keep them from possesing you with sheer will power but they probably have a lot more power than you and they'll probably keep trying and everytime they'll wear you down to the point where it gets harder for you t hold them of not to mention you'll need an incredibly strong will. This is because in some of the more famous cases of possession it took weeks or even months before it actualy did possess them. And I never heard of getting powers from being possessed but that's interesting. I still don't think it's worth summoning a demon and getting possessed it's just stupid. Whoever even considers it needs phsychiatric help.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
If you cannot get rid of demons by reciting poems to them or by exorcism, try psychoactive drugs or Psychotherapy; many people have found either (or both) effective in getting rid of the demons

-v

[edit on 15-6-2010 by v01i0]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Crippled

Thanks!
I firmly believe that we each have a Guardian Angel. Every single one of us. That he is with us from the moment of conception until he leads us to the Gates of Heaven...
You can pray with your Angel, you can ask him for intercessions and help, ask for his name, and in the silence of your heart, he will let you know. I have developed a good relationship with him. Though many people are not even aware of their Angel, and go their whole lives without knowing that they have this beautiful Angel standing watch over them... in accordance with our free will, they cannot directly interfere with our lives, though through prayer, if we are graced with the knowledge of knowing of them, we ask for their guidance and intercessions, we are blessed with their help and aid throughout life. They never, ever leave our sides, no matter what, even if we sin most grievously. It makes them very sad, but they are steadfast.
Mine is named Michael. (no, not the Archangel...
)

People who pass on are different. Many think they become Angels. This is incorrect. They become part of the Communion of Saints. They do not become Angels. Angels were never mortal beings. They were created by God before the universe. Souls are what occupies human bodies and are created by God for that purpose. When a soul is created to become a human, an Angel is assigned for that soul.

My parents were allowed to visit me. I don't know why I was granted that grace. They were very beautiful and young. They comforted me. It was the most precious experience of my life and convinced me of the beauty of the afterlife. The visit lasted about 30 minutes.

I have read all the posts here and I see what everyone's beliefs are. All I can comment on are what mine are. I am not here to debunk anyone or proclaim that only what I say is the truth. I believe completely in my faith.
God Bless.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0
If you cannot get rid of demons by reciting poems to them or by exorcism, try psychoactive drugs or Psychotherapy; many people have found either (or both) effective in getting rid of the demons

-v

[edit on 15-6-2010 by v01i0]

But not all.

Also, who suggested "poems"? That's borderline sarcastic. Turn to pills if it helps you cope with what's really out there, but don't belittle those who've actually experienced this stuff with nothing to back you up - especially not sufficient evidence to disprove or provide relevant information to this thread other than suggesting pills.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
As I attempted to lay out in my post above, the Christian mythos is just another subset which adds to this whole basement layer of the morphic unconscious by which the anomalous emerges. The more we feed it with silly beliefs, the more we create it! IT IS US that we are dealing with. However, I don't think most of us will ever figure that out.

If WE were not here, neither would there be fairies, demons, angels mothmen, little greys, Zeta apparitions, crytozoology creatures, etc. These are living tulpas which we create (and feed) by our very beliefs and attention. Why do you think that these things continually change (morph) with different cultures, themes, and memes?

[edit on 15-6-2010 by whatsup]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsup

I can't bring myself to believe that.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsup
As I attempted to lay out in my post above, the Christian mythos is just another subset which adds to this whole basement layer of the morphic unconscious by which the anomalous emerges. The more we feed it with silly beliefs, the more we create it! IT IS US that we are dealing with. However, I don't think most of us will ever figure that out.

If WE were not here, neither would there be fairies, demons, angels mothmen, little greys, Zeta apparitions, crytozoology creatures, etc. These are living tulpas which we create (and feed) by our very beliefs and attention. Why do you think that these things continually change (morph) with different cultures, themes, and memes?

I saw the documentary called Conjuring Phillip. It was amazing. What I don't get, is why didn't they give that more scientific research. The way they conjured him was very scientific, and it sure looked real. Gave a really good use of metaphysics.

I have also noticed that the people who seem to have the most problems with demons and the like are religious. The more religious, the stronger the problem. I have had some messed up dreams, but not very many. The ones that I had when I had to struggle for my inner being, I just held strong and just basically said NO, and a few well picked profanities. I am by no means religious, maybe agnostic spiritual on the fence kind of feeling, but no entity could ever wear me down to take my body.

People possibly have conjured up a whole slew of unwanted entities, and they are here now, we create our reality as we go. Maybe if they had continued to study the Philip conjuring, we would have more answers about what is going on.

There could also be whole dimensions of beings that we just can't normally see, that have been around since the beginning of time. We should not be screwing with them.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Please help,
what do you make of this picture - does this look like a Demonoid?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/43b16b611b03.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Seventytwo

Or an alien type creature?
Could really be either.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
reply to post by Seventytwo

Or an alien type creature?
Could really be either.

This one is more like the Alien do you think?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aa820b5bc24b.jpg[/atsimg]

cheers

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
sorry double post

[edit on 15-6-2010 by seataka]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Perhaps this posting will help, this predates Christianity.
The source was demonized by the catholic church because he predicted the coming of Christ yet There exists in the Vatican a room called "The Borgias Room" which contains pictures of Moses standing NEXT to Hermes Trismegistus AKA "Thoth" the high priest and lawgiver of old Egypt.

This translation of Hermes Trismegistus is far more accurate than prior translations that had to be done in such a manner to escape censur by The Inquisitor

www.abovetopsecret.com...
give it a star if you like what you read, I felt it important enough to type the passage in from a book by Prof. Francis R. Yeats published by U of Chicago Press.

Also, The only way for a demon to achieve 'possession' of a human is if that human has guilt. That is the doorway. (source Max Freedom Long's books about Huna Religion which also contains instructions on how to kill using spirit, but I will not explain that.)

The old religion of Egypt held that demons could be invoked to animate the inanimate (statutes) and pressed into service during times of war. This was an additional motive for big statues at the gates of ancient cities.

The passage you will read is Hermes describing the Apocalypse to his son Asclepius, the passage is called "The Lament"

[edit on 15-6-2010 by seataka]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luderBecause if it's real , I will give Christ my heart , body and soul.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0

Some have, of course, and it might help some people in the long run if they can use it as a tool to gain their own reality back. But there's also a chance that it's just putting a Band-Aid on a much deeper wound, and will just allow a problem to fester until something really bad happens. Like most things, it's best to nip the problem in the bud, and until we have a much better understanding of the various mechanisms involved (Do you know all there is to know about how the mind interacts with reality?), it doesn't hurt to try a number of possible solutions.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join