It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demons 101

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
My own opinion on this matter is to avoid these entities like no other. I once became rather attached to this subject and immersed myself in thoughts regarding it. I watched many documentaries about demonic hauntings that left me dwelling on them.

What was nothing more than an interest was starting to consume my thoughts.

What followed was a series of dreams that were unforgettable and unlike any I've had before or since.

One day, I went to nap on a couch for a while. Shortly after drifting off, my entire body had a sensation of freezing up. The strange part was that, in my dream, I was in the same room trying to lift myself off of the same couch I was lying on in reality. Despite feeling like I was freezing and in slow motion, I lifted myself up and peered over the back of the couch to see a screaming corpse on the floor behind me. This dream was startling and unusual, but I wrote it off as sleep paralysis. Nonetheless, I had never once experienced sleep paralysis before.

Weeks later, during yet another nap, I began having a dream. Now, I'm a huge Star Wars fan, so understand that before I continue. What I saw was the Millennium Falcon flying through the clouds of Bespin. For a Star Wars geek, this is a great dream indeed. Suddenly, however, a massive monster lunged from the clouds. Rather than letting out a booming roar, however, it let out a hissing noise like you would expect from a "lizard man" or something of that nature. After this, my dream "froze up" as did my body. The hissing of the monster multiplied into hundreds of individual voices before one booming, deep voice drowned the others out with some words in a language I do not understand. This dream seemed like sleep paralysis, but the voices left me concerned.

Fast forward a month, and I'm in a hotel room with some relatives staying in an adjoining room. That night, I had a dream where, while I was in the same hotel room, my relatives started acting uncharacteristically before starting to chase me. With inhuman grins on their faces, they began morphing into odd creatures. If I recall correctly, the paralysis sensation was repeated to a lesser extent as well. I woke up horrified and couldn't go back to sleep. At this point I started to get worried.

Several weeks later, I had yet another dream where I was in my childhood home walking toward the den. My father, who I have always shared a great bond with, was sitting in the den watching television. Oddly, though I was in my childhood home, my father was aged in appearance to the present time. Suddenly my father looked at me and smiled the same smile my relatives had in the previous dream. I somehow knew things were about to get bad, and I woke up just when the paralysis was about to begin.

The final dream saw me at my childhood home once again. I was sitting with family and friends in the den. Something felt wrong, however. I could "sense" something sneaking around the perimeter of the house. It felt like a trap. Without warning, objects began flying and I darted out of the house in panic, got in a car, and left. Now, I love my childhood home, so it's not like there's something awful that happened there that keeps me returning to it.

After this series of dreams, I took myself out of my demonology studies. Over a year later, these dreams have not returned. I have not had any paralysis in a dream since either.

Nonetheless, the very thought of these episodes nearly moves me to tears, and not much does that to me. Those dreams had beloved things taken over by evil and turned against me. I understand the human subconscious is very complex, but the paralysis, common themes, and unknown languages of these dreams have left me wondering.

My advice? Stay away from this stuff. If you don't summon them, your thoughts/ fear will let them in. They want to make you suffer. I have a hunch that happened to me. I'm a Christian, so that has a big influence too.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by saabacura
reply to post by mf_luder

Hey, I have done some research as well, things like demons, ghosts or ufos etc etc.

The best description that I can find, in a reglious text is the Koran.

In the Koran, God created two worlds.

The human world & The Jinn (Genie) world

I believe UFOs Demons Ghosts etc are all Jinns.

mf_luder...have you read stuff on Jinns and what do you think????

If there are only 2 worlds then what is heaven?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by psyko45
If you have no sources to back any of this up then how can you ask for no one to ridicule or flame you? Just a question. It seems like very powerful self-damnation. You said you would utterly ignore any attempts at flaming or ridicule or otherwise de-bunking. How can one 'utterly ignore' something if one acknowledges it in the first place. Id say the deed is done. Response from the OP is not needed for a propper de-bunking or de-railing..is it?

All I said was I would ignore attempts at flaming and insults. I'm up for debate on the subject and am not opposed to hearing different viewpoints on the matter as well. I think we can all learn from each other.

What I will not pay attention to (and at least 3 individuals immediately were put on 'ignore') is people 1) attacking me directly 2) attacking the way the material was presented and/or 3) posting stuff that really had no business being in the thread in terms of a logical discussion.

I state in the iniital post that I cannot provide you or anyone with hard proof of this stuff, only stories and personal accounts from others. I think you'd be hard pressed to go and find "real" evidence out there anywhere else - and yes, I've seen the youtube videos of "possessions."

But no - differing viewpoints are always welcome and I'd love to hear anything anyone else has to say from their own experience, even if they've never experienced the stuff.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Can you tell me about the source of the Latin prayer, where its from, maybe post the document. I cannot find it anywhere online and before i use it would like to know its origins. Since i dont understand the language, some words jump out at me that i can recognise. But i would not know if its a paryer to summon demons. Not saying that it is your attention. Just need to make sure. Not paranoid either but have had a fair share of demon encounters.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Applesandoranges

I didn't find this online - but it's part of Psalm 68 from the bible.

I think the closest information you can find is here which will look "suspicious" but trace the sources they mention and don't pay attention to the fact that it's on a TV show's website.

www.supernaturalwiki.com...

The Catholic Center's website they mention is a good place to look as well.

But the latin verses are from the bible.

Funny how my friends and I got into this stuff then this show came out afterwards.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder

I didn't find this online - but it's part of Psalm 68 from the bible.

I think the closest information you can find is here which will look "suspicious" but trace the sources they mention and don't pay attention to the fact that it's on a TV show's website.

www.supernaturalwiki.com...

The Catholic Center's website they mention is a good place to look as well.

But the latin verses are from the bible.

Funny how my friends and I got into this stuff then this show came out afterwards.

Thanks very much for the info will look it all up and have a good read. Thanks again for sharing your information. I was praying for a way to find this info out. I even went as far as the belief, trying to not believe in it. Did not work. Law of detraction does not apply with demons. But i need as much help for the house we live in.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Keep in mind - that show's writers, while they did a superb job getting a lot of stuff correct - still wrote a fictional show.

Try to poke around outside of that wik entry and find other sources. Use it as a starting point. Also, for anyone interested in the subject matter, they do get a lot of stuff true to life and like I said, read what they have to say - check their sources - and do your own research.

If you want to shoot me a U2U or email to tell me what's going on I may be able to offer a bit of assistance.

Good luck.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
S & F for you OP! It seems you have had quite a plethora of experiences, and I have to say most of what you wrote is very much on the mark. However, like so many others, you failed to identify the link humans share with such entities. You see ALL demons are malevolent in some form, and you did a decent job of explaining by saying they are as various as people, but just like humans they are malevolent to some degree.

However, not all humans possess the same type of soul. Some are more prone to attack or possession, others are nigh immune to it. It really depends on how old your soul is, your karmaic level, your production of prana energy, and other various factors.

I will give you an example.

The vast majority of spirits, by category, either do not like when I'm around, or simply cannot handle it. My soul is considered an ancient one, my spirit guides are the owl and bear, and I have vast reserves of prana. Spirits in general (with the exception of my 'watcher') do not even attempt to contact me or communicate. It wasn't until I learned more about myself and the spirit world that i realized they did not come near me because it was 'too much' for them.

I am not foolish enough to say I am immune to possession or demonic influence, but at the very least I seem to be unusually resistent to it. Where others fear entering I walk in with my soul ablaze, knowing the light of God flows through it, and therefore it is untouchable. Everyone has this 'light shield' available to them, they simply need access it. It is the armor of God and is impervious to the demonic.

I also saw an earlier post where the user asked about angels. let me be very clear, angels are just as frightening as demons, just in the opposite way. Most angels follow strict guidelines and functions, but there are some rogue that are worse than even some demons. These are entities to be feared on either side as they are horrendously powerful in comparison to a human. If you do make contact you will likely be left richer though from the experience, as the mixture of fear and love you feel in their prescence is undescribable.

The keys of King Solomon contains very accurate references to SOME of the demonic, but not all. I'm fairly certain you knew that though.

Ignore those who are foolish enough to pursue what they cannot understand or control. They seal their own fate.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I just wanted to throw this out as a warning, many years ago I had performed a Crowleyian ritual for seeking your higher self (not the proper term but you know what I mean). After this ritual an entity aka demon had attached itself to me. It was just visions and dreams at first but as time went on it became much worse. It would manifest as audible whispers and moving shadows(externally), internally it evolved into a constant presence of voices and music in my head, constantly talking to me and affecting my better judgement. This led to paranoia of anyone that came between me and as I called it Grim. Over the years this thing became a major factor in my life and led to many self destructive drives,isolation,mental illness(mania and depression, which in these states it became almost a physical presence)and eventually a suicide attempt to get it to leave me alone( thank god I stopped myself in time). The best term I can use to describe this thing is a parasite trying to take over it's host. As time went on I realized what it was and managed over a long period of time managed to for a better word banish it. I noticed from an earlier post someone described a creature with line etched in its face, this thing resembled an extremely emaciated person with grayish skin color dressed in rags with lines around the eyes and mouth(from the times I saw it manifest itself physically and in dreams,it was always the same). Let me warn readers that Crowley's rituals have purposely left out certain aspects of protection in his rituals, if you study older texts i.e. goetia, the lesser keys and Abramelin's stuff you will see the holes in Crowleys rituals. I personally believe he did this on purpose to cause this effect on people. If you look at his later years you will see many paralells between him and various cases of possesion. I know some you will cry BS, thats ok this is just a warning to would be magickians PLEASE do your research, this was a bad path to go on. On a side note I have to say that aside from many old grimoires the Quran has some of the best info out there on the subject of angels and daemons(Djinn). Thank you for reading and let the flames begin!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Keep in mind - that show's writers, while they did a superb job getting a lot of stuff correct - still wrote a fictional show.

Try to poke around outside of that wik entry and find other sources. Use it as a starting point. Also, for anyone interested in the subject matter, they do get a lot of stuff true to life and like I said, read what they have to say - check their sources - and do your own research.

If you want to shoot me a U2U or email to tell me what's going on I may be able to offer a bit of assistance.

Good luck.

Thanks very much i will u2u you. We live in a house that was bought off an Occultist of the demon worshipping type. We found out about 2 years after we acquired it. We found tapes hidden in the wall of the kitchen with what sounded like rituals of the not so good type. Anyway i will u2u the rest of the story.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I recited those latin prayers and my pesky neighbors seem to have left me alone

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
OP,

At some point in this thread you may want to trace the historical rise of "demons" throughout history and various cultures. I haven't written anything thorough out about this yet, but here's some good starting points for you:

• The Azif, the Rabisu from Mesopotamia

There are several Azif and Rabisu that could be studied and learned about. The latter were ethereal entities that existed to harm cause annoyances to humans. The former were corporeal monsters from the desert who wished to harm or kill mankind. Some Azif include:

- Pazuzu the bringer of storms
- Ahhazu the bringer of disease
- Alu the flesh-eater
- Ardat-lili a type of succubus
- Irdut-lili a type of incubus
- Lamme who steals children
- Lilitu who steal men
- Lilu who steals women

• Apep from Egypt

Apep was ancient Egypt's symbol of chaos, darkness, oblivion and demise. He attempted to swallow Ra on the Sun Barque every single night. Had he succeeded he would have obliterated the light that sustained and fueled Egypt.

Apep was accompanied by several serpentine "night demons" who would challenge the deities on the Sun Barque in an attempt to overthrow Ra (the personification of the sun).

• Hinduism and Buddhism in India

There are numerous demonic, evil, negative entities from Hinduism and a few here and there in Buddhism (mostly the three sins). From Hinduism the Rakshasa are the most well-known. They're half-animal, half-man giants who worship the God of death and destruction. They also invade property, kidnap livestock, drink blood and can target humans.

• The Greek Daimon

This is an important one to make sure you cover. The Judeo-Christian word "demon" has etymological origins in the Greek term "daimon" or "daemon". In the Greek culture the daimon was actually representative of a human-being's "shadow form" (this has parallels in Egyptian theology too). This of course means that every human alive was responsible for creating and bringing a daimon into existence.

Christian theology then took this concept, and adapted it to their "everyone is a sinner" concept. Thus, it was devised that demons are numerous and still being born. Every sinner (meaning every human) is responsible for creating demons. So everyone needs to repent and be saved and cured of their demons, etc.

A majority of it is a misinterpretation of the daimon/daemon theme that Greek philosophy believed in. This could make for an interesting area of study in your Demons 101 thread.

Finally, pagan, polytheistic, and heathen gods. It's no surprise that Christianity and Judaism took the gods of lands they conquered/visited and turned the existent religious idols into demons. Baal for instance is a Sumerian shepherd-god (much like Jesus) who some historians believe was a mirror, or later representation of Tamuz/Dumuzi, who mythological evidence suggests is the pattern on which Jesus Christ of Nazareth is based (among others).

Numerous Christian works, and medieval Catholic treatise treat pagan and heathen gods as demons under the control of Lucifer or Satan, or any of the other 5 sins (Belphegor, Asmodeus, Mammon, Leviathan, Beelzebub). Not that your OP needs to cover this, but I've already seen some of the die-hard Christians coming out and stating that "all demons are evil" and other such things. Which is just not true.

Pagan and polytheistic deities are anything but evil. Many protected mankind, or served altruistic purposes towards the continued existence of the world. They have only become evil "demonized" monstrosities since the rise of Catholicism which tried to rule the world. The best way to conquer someone after all is to demonize them so no one supports them. Turn once-good gods into blood-thirsty monsters and convert others' to your cause, etc.

Hope this has been a helpful addition to your original thread. Good job OP.

~ Scribe

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbob1990

Hello mf_luder,

Sorry if this has already been asked but you mentioned in your initial post:

something happened which caused an 'awakening' in myself and several of my closest friends

Can you please kindly elaborate as to what exactly happened, or what were the circumstances that caused this "awakening". I do not doubt you at all, I am just very intrigued by this and would like to learn more from your experience.

jb

Some friends of mine and I were into researching the occult back then and tried a crude "energy transference" or something of that nature and it sparked something - because we suddenly became aware of spirits and what not in the vicinity. Ever since then, I haven't been able to "turn it off."

Sorry it's not something more epic like a demon ate my friend or anything like that - lol.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The concept of demons is very real. There were those that were prone to assist, if only to escape the reality that they must endure. Unfortunately, there are places and areas that are thin spots in the veil of this world and the next. In these places, just as if you gaze through a threadbare fabric, something can and will come through. As the population of humans rises worldwide and more fear and negative energy is released into the ether, there will be more and more places for the negative forces to come through. I, at a stupidly young age in my life, made a mistake, and the only thing that got rid of the menace I called was a natural force manifested by a tornado that hit the house I was living in. Now, as for exercising such things.... only one with TRUE faith to the very core of his soul can do such an act. Those who practice black magic know that any sin or blemish on their soul will be used against them by the far more knowledgeable being that they summon. I ask you, how many priests do you trust? I don't trust any, that's for certain. I do, however, now after many years of self searching and work, know that I have the ability to banish, because like Jesus said, " Ye are Gods." Cantrips and verses muttered are only scoffed at, fancy garb is mocked. A heart sure of the Light Within, however, will overcome. The truest and surest defense against this chaotic force is love. Not the mushy gooey love you see in chick flicks, but compassion, like Buddha, Faith like Jesus,
tranquility of purpose, like Ghandi. Care about each other, not hate. We as humans need to repair the damage we have done to the veil between the worlds, just as we need to repair the damages we have committed against the physical earth. I'm all for a fast car, loves, but I'm also for a cleaner world.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

XXXN3O - At this point in time I could best be described as "Agnostic." I believe in Jesus as a historical figure and I respect Christians and their belief system, but I put no claims into any religion at this point.

The reason I ask what I asked is because in your opening post you asked then answered the ability to cast out demons or control them via religion with a big fat "NO".

Can I control a Demon through force of will/religious faith/cookies?

The answer to all of the above is a resounding NO There are so many people who believe in certain religions who will swear up and down that you can command a demon to go away in the name of a prophet or lord and the demon will. There are even more alarming individuals out there who believe that you can mentally control a demon once summoned to go out do your bidding. Those people are all mistaken - sadly mistaken.

Im not entirely sure what you mean by that of course because christianity itself has a multitude of branches. But if your are referring to religion in a broad sense. Jesus cast out more than a few demons from inflicted people regardless of religion or bible versions and so on. It seems you are treading lines along the line of saying, I believe im better or rather, I dont care what the original record of a demon banisher speaks about, im the main man when it comes to demons.

In other words, one of the first teachings towards mankind (in my opinion the most important with regards to this topic) is left out and discounted because of your personal experiences with demons.

Im not surprised its so popular, which is the one and only reason I replied at the start. Ive got nothing to add personally that I want to share on a personal level because i smell falsehood within the topics content. Maybe someday you will too, I pray that you will.

Its your call and I am surprised you have created such a biased topic towards yourself and something that discredits the original mentions of your own topic which is actually mentioned in the bible itself which pre-dates you as a human being.

Weird times but predictable times as the book itself teaches. I hope that anyone else who takes the time to follow this thread actually gives the time to the original poster in the bible.

I do however understand your presumption but it is incorrect because any understanding christian would not summon a demon, you are answering a falsehood with a falsehood. Why even bother mentioning religion in a thread that is entirely answered by the bible?

Whats you big point here?

If there is not any point to it, then dont post this type of nonsense when it does nothing but involve your own specualtion and ignores the answers provided in the book you criticise.

But hey, if im completely wrong here and of course I could be, im not perfect and neither is anyone. What the heck is any christian doing summoning a demon in the first place? Where the heck are you getting that from because any christian should not be doing that in the first place, you should know this, if you read the bible.

This might come across as harsh or judgemental but it is not. I am simply stating what I read from the bible as a believer in Christ, if you can answer these questions fully then ill offer an apology to you if needed.

No offence intended at all but its a debate and debates might involve a little conflict.

If all that above means nothing to you, if you want to understand my motives, imagine a kid playing with fire and about to be burned, what the heck would you say to them?

Best I can give to you over a forum.

Cheers.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

I believe I actually misspoke in that post as far as "casting out" goes. What I originally intended for that post was to point out that some people believe they can control what a demon does here on Earth.

My point is that the "controlling" and "casting out" should have been two different sections. Exorcisms and banishments in the name of a religion work fine, it's when people think that also includes ordering the demon around while it's here that they run into trouble.

So - I understand where you're coming from, but that was an error of words on my part.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I believe there are multidimensional entities that do occupy the same space as ourselves, but you're really making up all this stuff as you go along from there.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by YissakharMelech

I believe there are multidimensional entities that do occupy the same space as ourselves, but you're really making up all this stuff as you go along from there.

If you mean "making up" as in going off of nearly 500 years of documented accounts from several different cultures and from others who have experienced the same things in our own time, then yeah - I guess you're right.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Humans were quite retarded the last 500 years, how would anybody during the last 500 years know anything about multidimensional entities? All they had was religion up until quite recently.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Folks may think that oh lets say the Book of Mark mentions Jesus casting out demons as some sort of side note. But its not. Mark is trying to make a point or two.

One is that Jesus openly and publicaly displayed His power over spirits that had taken up quarters in human beings.

That there are several or many types of demons with assorted intelligence levels...signs of manifestation...a demon possesed person could be anywhere from living behind a dumpster to a bank president. In fact Jesus ran into one demon possesed in the synagogue which translates today as running into a demon possessed church goer or church worker.

Demons can remain undetected and operate without what is considered traditional behavior for a demon possessed person. They can be crazy as heck or the opposite.

Anyway people that say they study this subject really should study these encounters recorded in Mark. Mark recorded over one dozen encounters.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join