It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why The End Of Cheap Chinese Labor Is Near

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
You don't have to be psychic to see this coming! The Chinese discover the Art of Collective Bargaining and Labor Unions! Stupid American Capitalists have created a new worldwide middle class at the expense of the American middle class, but are too myopic to see the inevitable results of their creations!
Ah, if only they could outsource to..Zombies? Slaves? The Dead? , THEY WOULD!

Why The End Of Cheap Chinese Labor is Near

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
It seems to me that economicly, we might see an endless cycle of unrestrained Capitalism, followed by Revolution and Communism followed by unregulated Capitalism followed by....and so on!
Don't people ever learn to think past their wallets? Jeeez!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Yupyup, here's an al-Jazeera video to your point...

Export enough jobs to China, and the Chinese will soon become just as unsuitable as Americans are, you betcha...

[edit on 9-6-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

It won't be limited to China. When you create a middle class of producers, you also need to create a class of consumers to buy the goods produced. Consumers need money to consume, a cycle is created.
SO, what happens when this occurs worldwide? Think into the future kids!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

It won't be limited to China. When you create a middle class of producers, you also need to create a class of consumers to buy the goods produced. Consumers need money to consume, a cycle is created.
SO, what happens when this occurs worldwide? Think into the future kids!

Well to address the question,
several scenarios would need to happen to continue into the future,
correct me if I'm wrong.

Increase the amount of consumers, increased births or increased employment.
An increase in the frequency of the buying cycle, as goods wear out they need to be replaced,
or increased employment.
Immediate consumption of goods and an immediate need for replacement, either through cheap failed product or disposability,
or consumption and loss caused by massive loss, namely war,
or increased employment.
Replacement of use of monetary currency in exchange for labor and a conversion to digital shared global units, and an increase in employment.
An abandonment of historic and current business models, and an embrace of global shared focus on making every single life better by the introduction and distribution of all manufactured products and an increase in employment.
A complete move through the societal structure and abandonment of a global market place and a return to smaller community based markets.
Or sadly a complete reset brought on by a mass extinction event either natural or man made.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

A pretty good list! I don't know how this would play out. Don't really have a clue, except to say don't be surprised if, in as short as 20 years, the world will be much different. I don't see war as plausible anymore, at least not a world war. I guess I just see an endless cycle of plunder and exploitation, followed by...I guess revolution.
I think i'm blathering!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Youre not blathering, youre considering, that's a good thing.
There really arent too many directions to go, and those that pull the strings, the capytains of industry, wont make the call I feel, to do the correct things needing done.
It's reached an apex, this constant quest for return on investment and share holder returns on an already false valued currency system is a huge weight on just simple human existence and life.
Supply and demand will be the format whether its goods traded for goods, or goods traded for assigned valued paper.
It's whether we subscribe to a needs based style of living, or participate in a bankers created value assigned style.
It's complicated because they make it complicated.
Yet youre right on the mark with the call on China.
Theyre good people who have the same basic needs we do, and the same human emotions we do, and sooner or later theyll empower themselves.
It's too bad the "best of the best" that are suppose to lead our countries really arent the best.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Here is one way that the emergently-moneyed Chinese may be expected to become more useless American-style:

or at least I myself think it likely...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I've said this before;

What people need to grasp is that corporations are not inherently corrupt. Neither are governments, unions, etc.

The issue is one of pride and chaos.
Without structure, because of weakness in people, chaos grows.
However, when some grow strong, and do not encourage the weak to become strong as well, pride grows.

It is a silly notion for people to think that things such as this can be regulated out. It is a silly notion for people to think that any form of government is able to escape such a cycle.

These cycles of pride and chaos are the cycles of anti-christ. They are the cycles of empire.
Empire/Anti-christ/evil, comes in many forms and wears many disguises. The only solution/temperance in this world for such a thing is self-governance. As Christ advocated; Honor the Creator, and honor your neighbors as you would yourself if you were in their situation. There are no "technical" laws of God. When there were, they were used to teach mankind how to grow the hell up.

We are far too old a creature to still be rolling around in our own crap, lying to ourselves by calling it clean and yet thinking we are big boys.

Self-governance is incredibly important. If a structure of people does not support the growth of the weak and the perpetuity of all that is good/life, then it is pride. If a people are structureless in human progress, then it is chaos. Simple. Stop bitching. Grow up. Progress.

The whole point of the United States was to adhere to these general principles. They have been defiled by the prideful and chaotic. They have been since very early on. This leads me to believe that most people are little better than animals. Sheep to be exact. And many others are also little better than animals. Wolves to be exact.

Strive to be a gracious judge, a good shepherd, a godly animal. One who imitates the order which is charitably given to us all. One who imitates the charity which orders us all.

Life and life expressed.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Dasher

Agreed.
Yet the structure needed to realize what you propose isnt promoted,
so with that being noted how do you see it attained, and what needs to happen?
No matter what the path chosen there will need to be an immediate reversal that replaces the existing and can actually be accomplished.
And no, I'm not being argumentative.
Short of the divine what do you suggest?

[edit on 9-6-2010 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I enjoy your response and questions.

What needs to happen is the divine. The divine within us.

However, we are animals, truly. If we do not strive, we would transform into the same dirt as a dead animal, or a dead plant. But, if we strive towards life, we can use our wisdom to manifest more life.

The evolution that separates us from the animals is not simply one of physical advancement. What separates us from animals is our ability to look at ourselves and judge. This is not a basic matter of mental advancement. This is a matter of being part animal and part gods.

How would we create nuclear technology except that we are gods (judges). More so, how would we create a unified people except that we tend to things as shepherds? Govern yourself as you know you should. If a false judge strives against you, as a sheep, lay down your life. If you are given opportunity to bring life into this world, bring it. In this is the conduct of a child of god.

So much of what destroys empires is the inability for empires to sustain the weight of it's achievements, because we are not eternal gods of creation. This is simply because one person cannot sustain such a large establishment, we are the creatures, not the Creators.

Do you have a home? Make it well. Do you have a body? Make it well. Do you have a neighborhood? Make it well. Do you have a neighbor? Make it well. In this is true civility and true godliness. In this we imitate our Fathers in heaven, and a Good Father does not forget Their child.

Once this world passes, and anyone who understands physics knows that this realm is not eternal, we will be unified with that which we manifested into this world. If we bring life to ourselves and neighbors, we will be one with life. If we are leeches of life, we will be leeched of life. It is a simplistic and obvious pattern. Some call it karma, some refer to it as reaping what you sow. Regardless, simply put, an apple seed produces apples. If you are child of Life, life will be your fruit. If you are a child of darkness, darkness will be your fruit.

Strive to bring life into this world. Do not concern yourself with such high and lofty places as our "leaders," but understand that you are the priest of that which is around you. If you know to do good and do not do it, it is death upon you eternally, even if you reap temporal rewards as a theif.

People must reject the fear that is introduced by the children of darkness who rule this world. We must stand up as the good shepherds and lead anyone weaker than ourselves into life. Where there is someone else stronger than us in life, we should be thankful as a son or daughter and increase the number of the household of Life.

I realize that what I am saying is odd and partially cryptic, but if you are a child of God, my words are plain and obvious. I hope I have answered you in a way that makes sense.
daved

[edit on 6/10/2010 by Dasher]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

You don't have to be psychic to see this coming! The Chinese discover the Art of Collective Bargaining and Labor Unions! Stupid American Capitalists have created a new worldwide middle class at the expense of the American middle class, but are too myopic to see the inevitable results of their creations!
Ah, if only they could outsource to..Zombies? Slaves? The Dead? , THEY WOULD!

We see this in every third world type nation pushing through their industrial age and then into human betterment. America saw this in the late 1800s early 1900s, Japan in the 1960s-80s, Korea 1980s 1990s, China 1990s 2020? Well what happens people want a better life, Japan is the best example of this and when 1.2 billion Chinese wakeup China will be in trouble all on their own.

top topics

join