It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarrely inappropriate "save the Earth" ad about the oil spill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/04292080df72.jpg[/atsimg]
In the department of "getting down with the kids," National Geographic released this PSA aimed at children, showing aliens laughing at a giant oil spill on Earth. What exactly is the message here?

Source

I thought this was interesting, upsetting, humorous and properly attributing to us stupid humans and our consistent mistakes.

What do ya think?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Wow, that is a bit of a surprise and unusual. Not only in the fact that N. Geographic is using aliens as some type of reference, but yes, with a strange, mocking message, and directed at kids.

Perhaps the whole disclosure thing has enough weight that the mainstream is continuing slow leaks of desensitizing propaganda to keep the notion of aliens in our mind.

As far as the message, we are inferior, or perhaps the aliens are responsible for the spill and laugh at our inept responses? Who knows, but intriguing none the less.

Thanks for the post! Nice find!!

Peace

[edit on 9-6-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I didn't think I'd actually see something bizarre and inappropriate...

But I can't understand why someone created this, who approved it, and why?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Early propaganda to get kids to think aliens hate us to bolster support for the upcoming alien wars.

After all, laughing at us isnt exactly helping, is it?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Crossfate

Interesting. They paint the Aliens as tourist who would only browse our planet take pictures and leave.

The message here may be "Aliens are nice, but they want nothing to do with Earthians."

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Early propaganda to get kids to think aliens hate us to bolster support for the upcoming alien wars. After all, laughing at us isnt exactly helping, is it?

I'm human, I live here, and honestly, the human race IS a laughable bunch. We believe in the craziest crap, let people run our lives who could care less about us, and run around working like fools for piles of worthless green paper. Then, add in Holly wood and celebrities, And what advanced alien race WOULDN'T find us a good guffaw at our expense?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
they got a vid two.. about air polution.

make earth proud

maybe its real

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

Thanks Dumbass!( I chuckle as I write your name)

That adds a little more perspective and I guess they are expanding a "Disney like" message from animals and cartoon figures, now to aliens. Maybe not a bad idea to modify the characters of the same message "we are destroying our home." Is it safe to say the notion of aliens are becoming more mainstream now?

Peace and thanks for the post!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Looking a bit further in it, Funny pictures you know, I see it is part of a bigger campaign about aliens laughing at humans about the way we treath earth, oil arpullution, rubbish etc. presented in a funny way to kids. Coming from the oilspill in contact with the representation of aliens laughing at humans because of an oilleaking ship is harsh, yeah, but looking at the campaign in itself it is placing that image out of context by saying "Bizarrely inappropiate", after all, it is just a ship.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I think they are pretty funny for my son.
I think this is a better way then to tell children "we are destroying our home"

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

Yeah i get the feeling of "Bwahahaha!!! Stupid humans and the dumb stuff they do!! Look at em try and fix it!!!" from this ad...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I'd have to cast in with the preparation for 'alien wars', as some one already suggested.

Also, the media cannot help but to seize directional capabilities, no matter what the subject, so here 'they' are with another impression making mold.

Yes...too I wonder who is responsible for this. I can say without reservation that I have never, since becoming aware what is man, feared aliens. What the OP bothered to bring to light is remarkable, to say the least!

It would be simple to have us all fight make believe aliens, using secret technology, to make it seem as such. It would be a nwo stunt to help codify their goals. The technology could be used to slaughter us openly. This is not so very far fetched: the media are perfectly capable of disseminating the precious lies. Have they not already hinted that the black plague was 'aliens' spreading chemtrails? Have not the media warned us, and very recently so, about the dangers of drilling through the ice at the South Pole..hinting that there may be virulent killer strains of plague or viruses contained therein? Add 'aliens' to the mix, and they can do what they want, mainly getting the job done, while simultaneously creating a diversion, a scapegoat, as the media are always prone to do. I guess the world may be too small for them and their games, so they need to branch out into the Universe to find enough props and such. I have to laugh, thinking how smug they must be, to think that their ways and intentions are going unread...

You cannot be too paranoid. The media can do anything.

'Archie' handled this situation when he got 'lost' over the Bermuda Triangle. He managed to prove to Mister Lodge that the spaceship was man made etc.... We may have a similar task. With all the hidden technology, it will be difficult to prove anything and remain standing.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by davidmann]

[edit on 9-6-2010 by davidmann]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
It is a bit curious.

But I dig it. I agree with RaymaNcouldbe and Dumbass.

Good find.

s+f

new topics

top topics

join