It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New U.N. Sanctions Proposed for Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

New U.N. Sanctions Proposed for Iran

www.jpost.com

The UN Security Council sanctions resolution, a draft reached after months of negotiations, expands a limited arms embargo against Iran, adds more measures against the Revolutionary Guard, toughens shipping inspections and adds financial restrictions.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

This just passed on the UN floor this afternoon... Nothing from Iran yet on these developments but I'm sure they won't take it lightly. Also, as the video says, this will in no way cripple Iran's Nuclear development and that it would take many years and more sanctions to have such effects...

This is time Israel is not willing the wait.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by CanadianDream420]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I guess they are bound and determined to have their war.
I suppose it also explains why the jewish community dosn't want to abandon Iran for Israel.
How will Israel explain bombing so many of "Gods Chosen"

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
He speaks:

UN sanctions should be 'thrown in dust bin': Ahmadinejad

"Those who have atomic bombs, have used them, stored them or threatened others with them, keep issuing resolutions against us under the pretext that Iran might build an atomic bomb in the future," he said.

"Nothing will be changed. We'll continue without any interruption our enrichment activities under the full scope of IAEA safeguards... and the NPT (nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty)," Soltanieh told reporters in Vienna after the sanctions were adopted.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

"From right to left, they adopt sanctions, but for us they are annoying flies, like used tissue."- Akmadinerjat

Wow, how can he tell left from right. It sounds to me like Mamood is having a real problem on the toilet these days. This must happen to him on a regular basis. I thought they didn't have toilet paper in Iran........No,.. that's North Korea, my bad. Maybe if he put screens on the windows, it would keep the flies out.

I hope these sanctions work. I think its only a matter of time before a major western city gets nuked. I hope that the Israeli's surgically remove Iran's nuclear capabilities.

news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 9-6-2010 by MY2Commoncentsworth]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The ONLY reason these sanctions were passed was because China AND Russia voted "Yes". You know HOW America got them to vote yes? UN will continue to allow China to sell Nuclear Materials to Iran and allow Russia to sell them the s-300's to shoot down their aircraft.

LOL.. This is sick, sick, joke. Not the sanctions... THE UNITED NATIONS!!

Watch

new topics

top topics

join