It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate hearing disrupted as woman pours liquid on self

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Senate hearing disrupted as woman pours liquid on self

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON (AFP) – A Senate hearing on the Gulf of Mexico oil spill was disrupted Wednesday as a protester poured an oily-looking liquid on herself before being arrested.

"This is what it feels like to have oil dumped on you," the woman, identified as Diane Wilson, said in comments addressed to Senator Lisa Murkowski of Alaska.

Wilson issued a statement issued later saying she is a fourth generation shrimper from the Gulf and that her protest was directed against Murkowski for supporting the oil industry and opposing measures such as lifting the liability cap on oil firms in offshor
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
rawstory.com

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I did a quick search for this, but didn't find anything, but if this has already been posted please remove.

Strangely, my first thought had nothing to do with the oil spill itself, but rather the fact that a random person can easily bring an unknown liquid in a jar into the senate. You would think that in the post 911 world, getting into the senate would be 10x harder than boarding a plane, let alone with the jar.

Sadly as well, it looks as if our senators and politicians are sucking the teet of big oil (not that this is unknown at all, especially here on ATS, but it almost appears if they are flaunting it in our faces).

I understand keeping the oil rig workers working, but what about everybody else affected by this?

Maybe if more people stood up like this woman, our gubment may actually start listening?...then again, monkey's might fly out of my butt?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join