It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama promises Palestinian aid, says nations must rethink blockade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

"There should be a means by which we are able to stop the flow of arms that could endanger Israel's security," Obama said. "At the same time, we're doing so in a way that allows the people in Gaza to live out their aspirations and their dreams, both for themselves and their children."

In my opinion this is what the Freedom Flotilla was in fact looking to accomplish: bringing international attention and criticism to the blockade. I for one hope that Israel can be convinced to loosen the blockade. Regardless of the heated debate on the matter I would think most can agree that finding a way to get concrete, culinary spices, and school supplies to Palestinians without making Israel feel threatened would be a good thing.

www.cnn.com...
www.nytimes.com...
www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyElohim

In my opinion this is what the Freedom Flotilla was in fact looking to accomplish: bringing international attention and criticism to the blockade.

If anything good can come of that atrocious incident, I hope this would be it. Many people are either completely unaware or complicit in what Israel is doing with its blockade. I never thought of it this way, but in a twisted way, it's good that the situation was thrown into the spotlight for all to see.

This is the first time I've agreed with Obama, but this will only strengthen the assertions of some about him being some closet Muslim.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Sadly, I think you are correct. This will probably be interpreted as something insidious. No matter in my mind, however, so long as it improves matters in a peaceful way.

join