It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hispanics flee Arizona ahead of immigration law

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
We should heard them like buffalo around the US.

First Arizona, then Nevada and California, then Oregon and Washington, then Idaho and Utah, then Montana and Wyoming, and so on.

Once they go around the northern states, down the eastern seaboard, and towards Texas, we build a human wall and make them all cross the Rio Grande back into Mexico.

Then we build huge walls with awesome boarders, AND FREAKING PROTECT THEM THIS TIME!

As already shown, that will not only make TONS of jobs available, but also lower class sizes in school, and most likely ease traffic, crime and drug problems!

[edit on 9-6-2010 by At0mZer0]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
No law should have legal citizens fleeing their state in fear.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

The USAToday article is pure propaganda.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParaShredder

The USAToday article is pure propaganda.

Somehow I doubt that, with the ferocity that illegal immigrants and by extension hispanics have been attacked, I would have left too if I was hispanic.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

You know what else is predictable? That no matter what you are "cracking down" on, there will be a chorus of little voices who try to distort the issue by calling "racism," or some other form of discrimination.

Why do they do it? Because "discrimination" was the magic word and just by invoking it, you could trigger a whole wave of guilt that would allow whatever cause you championed to go flying under the radar.

I hope those days are over.

I am glad the civil rights movement happened. I am glad we moved to end true discrimination in this country. I believe every competent qualified human deserves the chance to prove themselves. In this case, when your first act in this country is to disregard the law, you sort of exclude yourself from the "competent and qualified" category.

America has changed. The guilt trip is wearing off as more of us grow up and live our whole lives in an integrated America. Not only do we not discriminate AGAINST people of other ethnicities, but many of us are opposed to discriminating FOR them as well. I dont ever want America to go back to what it was in the past, when discrimination was the rule. And I do want America to continue to do better in that regard, in the pockets of discrimination that still exist.

But this isnt one of them.

The argument that this is a racist policy is racist in itself. It is the attempt to use the race of the most prevalent illegal immigrants as an excuse not to enforce our laws, which apply to ALL illegals.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

"The USAToday article is pure propaganda.
Somehow I doubt that, with the ferocity that illegal immigrants and by extension hispanics have been attacked, I would have left too if I was hispanic."

What many illegal supporters don't seem to understand is that legal hispanics are just as fed up with the problems created by illegal immigrants.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by ParaShredder]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wise Man
Minorities should make a law amongst themselves to get rid of every white person in America, because they are the true illegals and screwed up the not only American soil but the rest of the world with its trash.

What you people hate the Mexicans so much for when it's you white people who stole their land, destroyed it, enslaved them and called them illegal.

Now your crying over Mexicans, the same ones you white people enslaved for free labor for a very long time, when you were breeding slaves on slave farms.

As a matter of fact you white Americans are Illegally in other peoples land all over the world at all times causing war even at this very moment, but of course your ignorantly concerned with competing for jobs with Illegal Mexicans, if your fighting for jobs with Illegal Mexicans then you screwed up very badly down the line some where.

How is it your competing for dirt jobs over the people you had enslaved recently when you had a few hundred years head start on the land you stole?

We need to plan an exodus for these Illegal white people who have been on this land for way too long screwing up the planet with their garbage.

No wonder every other country has their nukes aimed and targeted on America, the place needs to be wiped off the Earth so the rest of the world can deal without their garbage.

Wow Wise Man, You dont sound very wise.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wise Man

This guy is a racist, in case anyone was unclear what one looked like. Despite popular opinion, they come in all shades.

And btw, Professor Racewar, Mexicans have had their fair share of squabbles with the tribes who really have a good claim on the areas you are claiming we stole from Mexico.

Why dont you go onto some of reservations and tell the Natives there that the land they are on belongs to Mexico? See how far that gets you.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ParaShredder

Exactly. I had to watch a coworker from Puerto Rico use her families' savings and make three trips back and forth from her country to here trying to get citizenship. For years this went on.I was rooting for her. We even had a party for her when we though she had it. Somethign came up and she had to go back. I can't remember what it was. It was a heartbreaking thing to watch.

I have lots of Latin friends. They are the greatest people. Funny, intelligent. It is almost like two different cultures.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

What many illegal supporters don't seem to understand is that legal hispanics are just as fed up with the problems created by illegal immigrants.

Sure they are, but can you deny that there is now a large amount of simple hispanic hatred in arizona? I understand that getting rid of illegals is important, and hell, I'm not even entirely against the law, I just don't like the turn that people have taken since this bill has been passed.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Why dont you go onto some of reservations and tell the Natives there that the land they are on belongs to Mexico? See how far that gets you.

I could not have said it better.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Sure they are, but can you deny that there is now a large amount of simple hispanic hatred in arizona? I understand that getting rid of illegals is important, and hell, I'm not even entirely against the law, I just don't like the turn that people have taken since this bill has been passed.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by hippomchippo]

Well I Live in Arizona and I have not seen any new hatred directed at me.
People here continue to be polite and friendly to me. Its more than obvious the negativity is directed toward illegals.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

How much time have you spent in Arizona, or New Mexico? I'm curious. Because most of the people in those states that I personally know dont hate Hispanics. Hispanics are a large part of the legal population, and those states are some of the LEAST "white on brown" racist states I have traveled or lived in.

I think it is easy to attribute this law to "racism" if you havent actually lived in a border state and dealt with the issues. Which is one of the reasons everyone ASSUMES that to enforce these laws you have to target ALL Hispanics, which simply isnt so. You can get a pretty good idea who is American and who is not, fairly easily if you have a lot of contact with both American Hispanics and Mexican Hispanics.

Just like you can tell fairly easily if you are dealing with a European as opposed to an American. Language and social norms give a lot away.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by ParaShredder

Exactly. I had to watch a coworker from Puerto Rico use her families' savings and make three trips back and forth from her country to here trying to get citizenship. For years this went on.I was rooting for her. We even had a party for her when we though she had it. Somethign came up and she had to go back. I can't remember what it was. It was a heartbreaking thing to watch.

I have lots of Latin friends. They are the greatest people. Funny, intelligent. It is almost like two different cultures.

Your friend must have not been Puerto Rican because Puerto Rico is a US territory (commonwealth) and their citizens are born US citizens.

The Act made all citizens of Puerto Rico U.S. citizens collectively[2] via the Jones Act and revised the system of government in Puerto Rico.

Jones–Shafroth Act

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

This guy is a racist, in case anyone was unclear what one looked like. Despite popular opinion, they come in all shades.

And btw, Professor Racewar, Mexicans have had their fair share of squabbles with the tribes who really have a good claim on the areas you are claiming we stole from Mexico.

Pointing out the resume of whites in America doesn't make me racist.

Why don't you go learn history.

Native Indians and Native Latino's who white people came to destroy are both same people race of people, despite what ever degrading labels you put on them.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

reply to post by hippomchippo

How much time have you spent in Arizona, or New Mexico? I'm curious. Because most of the people in those states that I personally know dont hate Hispanics. Hispanics are a large part of the legal population, and those states are some of the LEAST "white on brown" racist states I have traveled or lived in.

I think it is easy to attribute this law to "racism" if you havent actually lived in a border state and dealt with the issues. Which is one of the reasons everyone ASSUMES that to enforce these laws you have to target ALL Hispanics, which simply isnt so. You can get a pretty good idea who is American and who is not, fairly easily if you have a lot of contact with both American Hispanics and Mexican Hispanics.

Just like you can tell fairly easily if you are dealing with a European as opposed to an American. Language and social norms give a lot away.

You don't need to live in arizona to see that people are becoming more aggresive to mexicans in general, I'm sorry you think otherwise, but it's just what i've seen, and once again, I'm not against the arizona immigration bill, I just happen to have seen quite a few people near where I live become livid with hispanics in general, I can hear their slurs from all the way in my house.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The Arizona law was nothing more than a way to shore up the budget. They knew the immigrants, legal and not would flee the state and take their children, due to fear that the media would drum up. They knew that they would be able to close dozens of schools, consolidate districts and fire thousands of teachers.

Excellent political move I suppose. They will soon be able to fire teachers, close schools, redraw districts, and reduce the budget without looking like the bad guys or having to deal with the unions.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by DJM8507]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wise Man

Pointing out the resume of whites in America doesn't make me racist.

Why don't you go learn history.

Native Indians and Native Latino's who white people came to destroy are both same people race of people, despite what ever degrading labels you put on them.

Not in most cases. If they are truly Latino they have european ancestry of some sort. I am one of those cases. Hispanic/Apache mix. Im tired of illegals trashing the desert when they come here.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Not in most cases. If they are truly Latino they have european ancestry of some sort. I am one of those cases. Hispanic/Apache mix. Im tired of illegals trashing the desert when they come here.

www.foxnews.com...

Actually, the Native people that were in the land before Christopher Columbus and goons are not "European".

Do you even know that people were in America before Christopher Columbus?

Also after serving slavery and genocide for a few hundred years, you think they give a damn about some trash in a desert on stolen land?

Get real.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join