It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hispanics flee Arizona ahead of immigration law

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

so you have a problem with mexicans in general? so if you see a mexican looking person walking down the street do you automatically have a problem with them? there are many different people that could pass for mexican, so you have a problem with roughly 30 percent of the population then? i have cousins w blonde hair and blue eyes, my aunt has red hair and green eyes i have cousins as dark as chocolate and we are all americans of mexican descent or however you want to call it. you saying you have a problem with mexicans in general is a bold statement and highly offensive.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
Of course do people realise that back in the day the official language of California should have been spanish but Governor Pete Wilson vetoed that one?

Bilingualism is a skill needed in the global economy.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Tiger5]

No the Official Language of California was never going to be Spanish.

Your statement about Bilingualism is correct, But the second language you need to know will not be and is not now Spanish, but will be Mandarin Chinese.
Learn it and you can work anywhere in the world you want, with out a degree, just be fluent in English and know and understand Mandarin Chinese.
The Chinese business people are looking for these people now and pay very well.
Hell you can work in a school in China now and not need to know Chinese at all, They will supply the Chinese specking teacher, your only job is to teach them to read and write and speak English. Most schools pay well, with a year contract and a place to live.
I would suggest you like to travel light and enjoy a diet of veggies and rice and fish some bugs thrown in for protin..

[edit on 13-6-2010 by guohua]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I don't blame Hispanics for leaving Arizona before the camps start to open and they start using the gas.

Is it me or are we seeing a resurgence of fascism in the United States? The parallels between Arizona and Nazi Germany are all to apparent.

Might be a good idea for minorities to leave these states that are enacting these laws before the ethnic cleansing starts.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Wow. You're doing a great job of blindly spewing the usual over the top rhetoric. I hope you know though, that it doesn't work anymore. Only you and the other few people who are so naive to think we can survive the problems we already have, while taking on the problems of other countries as well, buy into it. I don't even think you guys really believe the Nazi crap. I hope not, that would make you extremely stupid, IMO.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Begin Quote"Might be a good idea for minorities to leave these states that are enacting these laws before the ethnic cleansing starts." End Quote by
Whatukno (wackanut)Independent Candidate 11th Congressional District
of the State of Michigan.
Michigan, I have to inform you there is No Ethic Cleansing Starting here in Arizona. I know your Politicians tell you there is, but I promise you there is not, Yes, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but, wake up, politicians lie.

But the good news is, We are informing our illegals fleeing our state, that the 11th Congressional District of the State of Michigan is accepting illegals with open arms and open city check books and emergency room, Please head that way. (here's a map)
So now you and small number of other States have some things more in-common than just crime and unemployment. Yes, we are telling them, You Care in Michigan for the poor mistreated illegal and their babies, just ask your Politicians.

I know this will break your hearts and hurt your feeling and may be even give some of you a headache. But your ACORN Pandering Politicians are lying to you and they: [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7718b814d718.jpg[/atsimg]

So you might want to start watching for these signs in your cities.: [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/39ca411e1315.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
A couple days ago I read a story that contradicted this one. So which one is the propaganda and which one is true? I can't tell, can you?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
A couple days ago I read a story that contradicted this one. So which one is the propaganda and which one is true? I can't tell, can you?

Traffic is much, much lighter, not as many accidents, not as many screaming kidds in the stores and two houses three blocks over from me are now empty when four days ago I know there where families in those homes.
Call it a hunch
but I think we're missing some illegals

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
So one state starts enforcing a law and hundreds of thousands of illegals leave the state?

It seems to me that if the USA did this nationally, MILLIONS of illegals would leave the country.

It's estimated that there are 10-12 million illegal immigrants from Mexico in the USA. If ANY other country sent 10 million people to its neighbor, it would be called an invasion (or they would be called refugees), and they would face massive sanctions from the UN, and the borders between countries would be closed.

I'd love to see what would happen if there were 10 million people sent from/to the following countries:

North Korea TO South Korea OR China.
CHINA into Tibet or Russia or North Korea.
GERMANY into anywhere.
JAPAN into anywhere
USA into Canada
SPAIN into Portugal
ITALY into Switzerland
ALBANIA into Greece
RUSSIA into anywhere

The list goes on and on. If one country sent 10 million into another country, the other country would close its borders and say that they can't handle the refugees, and the UN would send peacekeepers into the country they were leaving from.

Why isn't this happening withte USA and Mexico? I'd love to see how the Mexicans treat their US illegals.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Hispanics flee Arizona ahead of immigration law.

Not Fast Enough!!

Come on pass the word, I know you have illegal friends, Michigan, California, Austin, TX. and how about Chicago, IL.
Gas is as cheap as it's going to get, pack up that Chevy Suburban and that Chevy Astro van and hit the road.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Do you honestly think THIS will solve ANY problem in USA? Honestly? This is just another reason to create hate / war among your neighborly... this is a underlines, legalizing racism, for many that will turn their interest in approaching this subject race based, even though if you dismiss you're being racist.

What's interesting is the moment you support this law (on any of the threads), there is always some remark on "I support this... and by the way I'm not racist.." the fact you have to say you are NOT racist, your implying that there is a racist tone in this LAW and that MANY others will have that view (including me)...

Shadily this ONLY legalizes racism as the elites agenda is to "separate" humanity, and they're doing a good damn job of it, by putting up a new pretty frame in the same old ugly picture, so that YOU buy it!

To all that support this law.... instead of putting all your energy and sing me your patriotic crap, let me clear the air.. someone that feel his own country to survive and so that I can have a CHANCE at life... people can NOT help where they're born and what skin color they are... what we the people can help with is the SUPPORT one another so that we're all have a CHANCE at living not just the few lucky people that happened to born some other part of earth.

Learn to LIVE with one another as a whole... or die alone! Decision is yours... not some stupid law that justifies of dismissing other human beings... these LAWS are written FOR you to OBEY and not designed for YOUR overall benefit. Learn from the past.... learn to love and support, it is our ONLY hope for evolution... ONLY hope!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by freighttrain
Do you honestly think THIS will solve ANY problem in USA? Honestly? This is just another reason to create hate / war among your neighborly... this is a underlines, legalizing racism, for many that will turn their interest in approaching this subject race based, even though if you dismiss you're being racist.

What's interesting is the moment you support this law (on any of the threads), there is always some remark on "I support this... and by the way I'm not racist.." the fact you have to say you are NOT racist, your implying that there is a racist tone in this LAW and that MANY others will have that view (including me)...

Shadily this ONLY legalizes racism as the elites agenda is to "separate" humanity, and they're doing a good damn job of it, by putting up a new pretty frame in the same old ugly picture, so that YOU buy it!

To all that support this law.... instead of putting all your energy and sing me your patriotic crap, let me clear the air.. someone that feel his own country to survive and so that I can have a CHANCE at life... people can NOT help where they're born and what skin color they are... what we the people can help with is the SUPPORT one another so that we're all have a CHANCE at living not just the few lucky people that happened to born some other part of earth.

Learn to LIVE with one another as a whole... or die alone! Decision is yours... not some stupid law that justifies of dismissing other human beings... these LAWS are written FOR you to OBEY and not designed for YOUR overall benefit. Learn from the past.... learn to love and support, it is our ONLY hope for evolution... ONLY hope!

The reason that so many state that they are not racist is because anyone who is against illegal immigration is usually called racist.
Many know and apreciate the 'legal' immigrants, yet are against illegals.

You are correct in that people can't help where they are born or what color they are. It doesn't matter where you are from or what color you are. America is made up of many cultures and colors.

The problem is that a select number of illegal immigrants have come through without any background checks. They have stolen other people's identities, use false documentations and many play the sytem with lies and deciet. This allows criminals to waltz in freely. ALL countries have laws for a reason. America is no different. No one is racist because we want our people safe and protected.

There are poor people all over the world and each and every one of them should be helped. Each and every one of them deserve a decent life. If countries pulled together and thought of human lives before power, money and greed, we wouldn't have 3rd world countries. When I see the starving people in Africa, my heart breaks and I am enraged that such a thing is even possible. Where is all the money that we donate? Why are these people still starving? Most Americans are not racist. We are kind and compassionate and have donated time and money to those less fortunate.

Freighttrain, it is the governments of the world who keep people poor. Our government has failed us in many ways. It is not working for the people. Many are upset and trying to change things.

By allowing everyone, no matter who they are, to come here illegally is taking away from those already here. Right now the jobs are scarce. Do we give those jobs to a foreigner and ignore our citizens? Do we shove aside those who have worked hard their entire lives and are now jobless? How will these citizens survive? You are replacing citizens whith many, many people who disregard laws, who lack respect for others. People who have no intention of becoming citizens and just want the benefits of being here for a time.

American jobs are given away, our language is slowly being replaced and more importance is given to a foreigner who is here illegally than the country's own law abiding respectful citizens. People are despearte to save their sovereignty. Laws that already exist are not being enforced. Americans are falling by the wayside and this is wrong.

Countries need to help their citizens first then each other when they can.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

yeah there fleeing??? ok..... right over the wall into this country. AS i watch as i write this.. C'mon.... some may be leaving but others will always try and continue to... get it right.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nine-eyed-eel
reply to post by truthquest

Yeah, and the difference between your bank account and my bank account is a pretend division in the great sea of capital, so I'll take your money.

And the difference between your shoes and my shoes is also arbitrary...let me know where your shoes are at, so I can come get them...I need some new shoes...

I was told back in 3rd grade or 4th grade that borders are imaginary lines and have believed so ever since. But if you think there is something real about them beyond pretend dotted lines then go ahead.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

It's nice of you to want to come around and straighten out my belief in imaginary things.

But I believe in a lot of imaginary things...I wonder why you started your philosophy crusade with the imaginary USA/Mexico border in particular...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

I'd love to see what would happen if there were 10 million people sent from/to the following countries:

CHINA into Tibet or Russia or North Korea.

Actually Russia has a big problem with illegal Chinese, who go west from China into relatively sparsely-populated adjacent parts of Russia...The Russians don't like it at all, no, no.

And here's a nice al-Jazeera video about illegal immigration into China...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

But here is the issue. When something becomes so large it affects a nation it needs to be addressed. When something so large affects a state then that state needs to address it, and it doesn’t matter what the subject is.

Yes, the situation needs to be addressed.

Lets say I lived in Beverly Hills. Maybe I wouldn't want a flood of "trailer trash" moving into Beverly Hills. There are two basic ways of addressing this and lets say you are in charge:
A. Should they implement strict border controls in Beverly Hills and police check points as a solution? They could have police stop everyone and check to see if they are an approved person.
B. Should they stop generous government welfare for the people they don't want there?

Mexico? I care little about that country. 50% of the world’s population makes 3 bucks a day or less, I’m sorry it is like that but I’m not ready to drive my state into bankruptcy just to help the poor in India or any other country. So with that said I can see that there is work here in America for aliens that would benefit all of us, but do we need 25 million to meet all our needs?

Why is our border with Mexico any different? I care little who they are, I just care that they are affecting my country and they need to go….

A nearby city I lived in was quite rich. Yet the next city over was quite poor. Yet, there was no flood of immigrants from the poor city to the rich city. Why? No difference in the welfare. Immigration problems are nothing more than welfare problems in all the cases I know of. We all hear about the disasters in France with the car burning. Well, France is one of the biggest welfare states in existence.

I'm confused by your position. On one hand you seem to be saying that arbitrary geographic coordinates determine whether you care for them. So if they were born 20' 19" they may be worth your care vs. 21' 17" who are not worth your care. But on the other hand you seem to be saying that someone who earns $50,000 per year deserves better treatment than someone who earns $10,000 per year. So which is it? Is it the income of the person that determines how much you should want them to take your job or the geography that determines whether they can take your job?

From a purely pragmatic approach, which you very much seem to be trying, if you don't want someone to take your job you should want immigrants with income level of $0 because those are the ones least qualified to take your job. Therefore, from a practical standpoint you should hate everyone who earns more than you and love everyone who earns less than you. Therefore, you should hate Americans and love Mexicans because Americans earn a lot and Mexicans earn a little.

You may respond saying that is not true because they will be willing to work for less. But no, because qualifications are everything. I will take a CEO job for 1/5 of that as other CEO's, but I can't do that because I'm not qualified. This is even true for factory jobs, farm jobs, and low-level ones. Therefore if you are going to allow in one person in to the USA you should want that one person to have the absolute minimum possible qualifications, if your goal is for them to never take your job. If they had no job at all and are a hobo that would be the ideal immigrant for you I think from a job-theft prevention standpoint. Correct?

Or perhaps you only care for people who are designated as US citizens. So whoever the USA government tells you to care for is who you care for? Whoever the government says is a lower class of people is a lower class of people and therefore not worth helping out as much? Government knows better than you or I about who deserves the most care?

The best way for people to protect jobs on the whole is to ensure maximum marketplace freedom and maximum flow of both goods and people. Government border controls only work to deteriorate economies and societies.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

When everyone is ultimately perfectly nice to everybody, will even you, then, finally, receive that love that you so desperately deserve?

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join