It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hispanics flee Arizona ahead of immigration law

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Unown

Why are you still arguing over this? Why are some of you still discriminating against people of Hispanic descent if I already stated my position in all of this? I am against illegals as well, but then Rockpuck had to get personal and start insulting an entire group of people just to anger a potential troll.

I have no problems with "Hispanics" .. I have a Problem with Mexicans in general, yes. If that hurts your feelings .... Get over it. If you feel slighted because you're Hispanic -- get over it. Because I didn't insult Hispanics. I insulted Mexicans in general, and stated my disapproval of Illegals in general.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by guohua

Austin Texas is the Progressive hub of the state. Most Texans I talk to hold Austin with a sort of contempt.. Every state has to have their weak spots I guess.

Sorry about Austin, TX.

But your right, Arizona has Progressive Liberal Flagstaff and the Sanctuary city of Tucson.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Thanks! I tend to overreact and get ticked off quite easily, lol. But yes, I'll try to be calm next time!

reply to post by Rockpuck

Thanks for replying and for clearing that up. As I said before, I easily get riled up, so bear with me.

I feel the same way about the illegals, so we've no reason to debate anyways. But thanks again for replying!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wise Man

Exactly what i think on this subject. My question is why do people insist on calling Native Americans from the south America region Latino? They do not even speak Latin, and are not even connected to the Romans who did speak the Latin language. And yes, I did live in New Mexico at one time and graduated from High School in Artesia. I loved New Mexico and what I loved the best was the non-racial violence and the blending of all the ethnic groups.
We had none of the racial conflicts that effected some of the other states during the 60's and 70's. Yes the Natives were already here and did not need to be discovered by anyone. What if the moccasin was on the other foot and the Natives decided to return the beads and passed a law requiring all people who entered illegally must now return to the lands of their origin? Don't everybody panic at one time....just a thought.....I had nothing better to do today.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
First off, i'd like to say eff all you guys that are calling all of us who live in California "illegal lovers". I am part hispanic and I DO NOT support the illegal immigrants. I would think members of this site would know better then to think Californians have any more control over our "elected" officals than any other state. CA has a huge population of Mexicans. Of course the politicians are swayed by this.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Wake Up people ! Do you really think this is about immigration? Come On. ATS is smarter than this. Can you say Papers please. Do you trust anything Napalitano says whatsoever? Why start now. Dont you think it is a little obvious that the same state that has the leader of the Dep. of Homeland Security and that brought you the Red light camera scam. they are the ones coming up with this. Have you read the bill? Your data will be shared with every damn department when you get stopped on the street for walking too slow. Now you have to have papers. You have to have a government I.D. card. And before you know it herds of sheeple will be BEGGING for the chip so they dont have to be Carded. ....watch that right hand while the left is up your ass! problem,reaction, solution! And stop getting your immigration numbers from MSM!

Youtube ......4409 -- SB1070 for Dummies

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
This is exactly what we had hoped for.

The chances of actually getting caught are one in a million, but the fear of getting caught gives rise to compliance with the law, and they leave - good luck Nevada and New Mexico (California can go hang).

If the numbers leaving become statistically significant (and not just "USA Today" signficant) - then the effect on crime levels will be interesting to see.

With 20% of my local county's jail filled with illegals who have committed a serious crime, we are expecting a reduction in the crime stats. This is a personal observation, nothing more, but my wife runs yard sales to raise money for charity, and when they see a truck full of "non locals" pull up they know that items will start going into pockets unpaid. That's simply how it is down here, we call it the Tijuana Express - if your stuff isn't nailed down in Phoenix, it makes like a goose and heads south for the winter.

Petty theft and DUI are the 2 biggest problems we face, the first is only a nuisance but the second is costing lives, and a little talked about fact is that in the latino culture, men who drive while heavily intoxicated are generally admired for doing so.

YAAAYY!!!!!
And all it costed was alienating your Hispanic/American citizens.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Procession101

Originally posted by Retseh
This is exactly what we had hoped for.

The chances of actually getting caught are one in a million, but the fear of getting caught gives rise to compliance with the law, and they leave - good luck Nevada and New Mexico (California can go hang).

If the numbers leaving become statistically significant (and not just "USA Today" signficant) - then the effect on crime levels will be interesting to see.

With 20% of my local county's jail filled with illegals who have committed a serious crime, we are expecting a reduction in the crime stats. This is a personal observation, nothing more, but my wife runs yard sales to raise money for charity, and when they see a truck full of "non locals" pull up they know that items will start going into pockets unpaid. That's simply how it is down here, we call it the Tijuana Express - if your stuff isn't nailed down in Phoenix, it makes like a goose and heads south for the winter.

Petty theft and DUI are the 2 biggest problems we face, the first is only a nuisance but the second is costing lives, and a little talked about fact is that in the latino culture, men who drive while heavily intoxicated are generally admired for doing so.

YAAAYY!!!!!
And all it costed was alienating your Hispanic/American citizens.

WRONG! There was no alienating of our Hispanic/American citizens.
Their as Happy as everyone else. You really don't have a clue. Your just letting NPR and MSM tell you what to think. Get out of the house. You don't understand, that the illegals were also taking the jobs Legal, Documented Aliens wanted to have.
Many, Many, Iraqis here now, looking for work. But catch the key words here, LEGALS.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rainallday

I would quickly sell them blankets and my best whisky.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I live in AZ and I am glad that they are taking this seriously. Anyone hear of the Monroe Doctrine...lol....well it worked for possible invading countries and it works for the invaders already inside.

Now, that they are going to other States that will "house" them (I hope its those states and cities who called for boycotting us) we will see how much the people will put with what we border states have to put up with.....time will tell!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I'm sure the border towns like Laredo see things differently than Austin. They have to contend with all the drug lords and bs there. I'm sure alot of other towns in Texas are ok with illegals also. Austin isn't the only place that the govt. bribes with funding to get them to welcome illegals.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by KrispyB

I wish you and your friends all the best there in Texas.
I hope they join us and no other cities want to boycott us here in Arizona.

I mean, Jesus look how big Texas is, It takes you all day and night to get across.
The wife, first trip out of Arizona, 2004 going to Florida, My wife, we still in Texas? Me, YUP! next day, Honey, we still in Texas, Me, YUP.
Wife, Texas as big as China? Me, Yup.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by guohua]

[edit on 11-6-2010 by guohua]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by haika

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Mexicans are morons. It could be the average 6th grade education they receive, or maybe something in the water .. but the level of intelligence is seriously in poor shape.

Not all Mexicans are morons, as I'm guessing that not all Americans are obese pieces of lard.

You shouldn't be making general statements.

(there's fat people and morons in EVERY country). Right?
No, WRONG!!! I resent that remark! Mexicans are the burrito bloated obese people and Americans are morons, thank you! Ha! (just havin' a lil fun, keepn' the sanity!) I think John Lennon may have been right after all.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

lol! That's funny! I took a trip to Indiana on my Yamaha once and it seemed like it took forever to get out of this state, but then, it always does. Anyway, I got the tunnel vision after hours and hours of riding and nodded off doing 70 mph on that motorcycle. I don't think my head was down more than a mili second cause when my eyes opened I was still in my lane and going straight as an arrow. Thank God there were no bends in the highway at the time! I can't remember ever freaking out more than I did that day. I stood up on the pegs and bounced around shaking my head to ensure I stayed awake till the next road side rest area. When I did I layed on top of a concrete table and crashed (slept lika baby)for about four hours and then resumed my trip. Oh yeah, I support Arizona and so do alot of people from Austin. Not everyone here likes Taco Bell.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by KrispyB]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by libertybelle2008

Now, that they are going to other States that will "house" them (I hope its those states and cities who called for boycotting us) we will see how much the people will put with what we border states have to put up with.....time will tell!

Nooooooo Please I'm begging you, please don't wish that on me. I'm against Chicago's boycott, I stand behind Arizona 100 %. They've been forcing us for years already to put up with the same thing you guys have had to put up with. I can't take anymore than we already have

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Quiz Question: Which is more important:
A. Americans Having Jobs
B. Mexicans Having Jobs
C. Both are Equally Important

The arbitrary lines drawn up by the corporation known as the USA and also by Mexico are pretty much pretend divisions that are as contrived as any.

If stopping immigration is so important then the people who don't like Mexican immigrants should also be campaigning for all kinds of border controls on the border of their state. Then once those state borders are firmed up they can move on to control immigration into their metro area. And finally their neighborhood. Blocking movement, trade, and freedom of travel is such a good thing therefore that will be a good thing?

I'm sorry if borders and blockades are bad at the local level which hopefully people can see then they are bad at the national level for all the same reasons! There is no reason to think that just because you change the scale everything needs to be controlled.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

Yeah, and the difference between your bank account and my bank account is a pretend division in the great sea of capital, so I'll take your money.

And the difference between your shoes and my shoes is also arbitrary...let me know where your shoes are at, so I can come get them...I need some new shoes...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthquest
Quiz Question: Which is more important:
A. Americans Having Jobs
B. Mexicans Having Jobs
C. Both are Equally Important

The arbitrary lines drawn up by the corporation known as the USA and also by Mexico are pretty much pretend divisions that are as contrived as any.

If stopping immigration is so important then the people who don't like Mexican immigrants should also be campaigning for all kinds of border controls on the border of their state. Then once those state borders are firmed up they can move on to control immigration into their metro area. And finally their neighborhood. Blocking movement, trade, and freedom of travel is such a good thing therefore that will be a good thing?

I'm sorry if borders and blockades are bad at the local level which hopefully people can see then they are bad at the national level for all the same reasons! There is no reason to think that just because you change the scale everything needs to be controlled.

I'm not sure of your position of all this on this reading your post here.

But here is the issue. When something becomes so large it affects a nation it needs to be addressed. When something so large affects a state then that state needs to address it, and it doesn’t matter what the subject is.

If we had millions coming from Canada then that needs to be addressed, and if only small numbers were coming from Mexico looking for work then who cares, but it has reached the level that states are feeling the affects in a very negitive way and so something needs to be done to reverse it.

Mexico? I care little about that country. 50% of the world’s population makes 3 bucks a day or less, I’m sorry it is like that but I’m not ready to drive my state into bankruptcy just to help the poor in India or any other country. So with that said I can see that there is work here in America for aliens that would benefit all of us, but do we need 25 million to meet all our needs?

These so called lines are in EVERY country. What would happen if the 2 million in Gaza decided to go to Jordan, and put their kids in Jordan schools and filled Jordan hospitals without any funds to pay for anything, what would Jordan do? Egypt was in control of Gaza for decades and would not let any of them into Egypt, or give them any rights what so ever. The Kurds tried to go to Turkey when Saddam tried to genocide them and Turkey put their army on the borders to stop the Kurds from fleeing into their lands. I would love anyone here to head off to Europe and throw away their passport and then travel around…how long would that last? Also go into mexico and head south and see how far you make it....

Why is our border with Mexico any different? I care little who they are, I just care that they are affecting my country and they need to go….

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by zappafan1

Oh.... being Mexican is not a racial issue. They are not a "race" but an "ethnic group."

Wrong. It's a nationality, not an ethnic group.

Get your facts straight.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Originally posted by Wise Man

All of them would be white people with a few Uncle Toms thrown in.

Ah yes. Because any darker skinned person who disagreed with your view must be an "Uncle Tom."

It couldnt possibly be their own considered opinion.

Wise man=idiot. I'm not sure why you all are responding to him..he's clearly trolling.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join