It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hispanics flee Arizona ahead of immigration law

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unown
Obviously, my post was ignored.

I don't get it with you guys. Why are you still arguing over this? Why are some of you still discriminating against people of Hispanic descent if I already stated my position in all of this? I am against illegals as well, but then Rockpuck had to get personal and start insulting an entire group of people just to anger a potential troll.

I'm not defending any illegals, or Mexicans for that matter; I'm defending myself. Don't you think I'm ashamed to have descended from modern Mexicans? Why do people like Rockpuck just ignore posts like mine and continue to group me together with them?

I only want people to acknowledge that I am NOT one of THEM (the illegals); that's all I ask. I am with Arizona and with the anti-illegal-immigration laws, yet people still think that just because I'm "Hispanic" that I support the illegals.

Besides, this is ATS where the motto is "Deny Ignorance". Last time I checked, discrimination and prejudice of any kind IS ignorance. Just stop your petty fighting already.

Unown, Don't be ashamed, my friend. I appreciate you being an Arizonian and taking a stand.
I live in an old part of Phoenix, I bought here because I HATE HOA's and wanted a front and back yard.

I'm retired and surrounded my residence from South of the border.
I say south because they are from countries other than just Mexico.
On my street two families have backed and left. The rest are happy and LEGAL. They are happy those families left, They actually looked down at them.
My wife is Chinese and will not associate with Chinese here illegally, She will not go to San Francisco China Town after she received a report from a girl friend that 30% of Chinese in China Town are illegal. This makes she fell ashamed.

Unown, Don't be ashamed,,, Be Better.
Thank You

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
This is interesting. I read an article about a year ago that said back in (I believe the mid fifties), Illegals were given the choice to go back to Mexico willingly or be bussed back to the interior. Most didn't want to go all the way to the interior, they wanted to go to the border towns where they could sneek across and work nearby on ranches, etc. This was a nationwide effort too, not just one State and it was very effective. It could be used again but "certain" powerful people want our country devided so that we as a nation will fall and they can usher in a New World Order. We must stand together and fight these fockers!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal

Hispanics flee Arizona ahead of immigration law

www.usatoday.com

Arizona's tough new immigration enforcement law is fueling an exodus of Hispanics from the state seven weeks before it goes into effect, according to officials and residents in the state.
Though no one has precise figures, reports from school officials, businesses and individuals indicate worried Hispanics — both legal and illegal — are leaving the state in anticipation of the law, which will go into effect July 29.

Schools in Hispanic areas report unusual drops in enrollment. The Balsz Elementary School District is 75% Hispanic, and within a month of the law's passage, the parents o
(visit the link for the full news article)

Ok, I say good for Arizona but what about the rest of the nation? I live in Austin, tx. where they practically beg illegals to live here. I'm sure a few of them are going to find thier way here. This is a national problem so any of them leaving Arizona is just like putting a band aid on an open artery. Something similar to this was implemented back in the fifties and it was nation wide and it worked across the country. I feel those days are gone forever though, too many bleeding heart hippies nowdays that know how to spend your tax dollars.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by KrispyB

I think you'll soon see these signs in Austin, TX.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/39ca411e1315.jpg[/atsimg]
I'm sorry to hear you have that Open Arms Policy there, I really thought Texas was more of a fighter type of state than a roll over and take it in the a$$ state.
Sorry.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/39ca411e1315.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 10-6-2010 by guohua]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

post is meant for unkon

how could you feel ashamed? never feel ashamed of who you are or where you come from!!

[edit on 10-6-2010 by conspiracy nut]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstar02
reply to post by die_another_day

You have to be kidding me. What's the unemployment rate at in the US now? 10%? 11%?

Many American citizens would be more than willing to accept these jobs at this point rather than sit on unemployment, ruin their credit and have no benefits. The reason they DON'T accept these jobs is because the illegal aliens are willing to work for a wage considerably lower than minimum wage. They don't care as long as they can live the way the want, sometimes be it in a 2 bedroom home with 10 people living there.

The economy is in the dumps and you're sitting here DEFENDING illegals, making the ASSUMPTION Americans don't want these jobs...c'mon man!

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Rockstar02]

Actually no, the reason (and no one has made this point) that American citizens will gladly take any job IS because of the unemployment. That is the only way that they agree to such submissive work. Tell me, in the post-Clinton days of economic prosperity with the unemployment at about 5.1% in 2005, were those Americans willing to take these jobs?

The answer is no my friend, they were much happier living off of disability and welfare. The number of illegals actually had declined from 12.5 million in 2007 to 11 million in 2008. The one to blame aren't the illegals, who have become the favorable scapegoat for right-wing politicians who let business go unregulated. The ones we need to attack are big business and politicians, who have let this nation in a economic quicksand, without them the illegals wouldnt be coming here in the first place. Now that they have driven this country into the dump, with unemployment reaching up to 20% in said parts of the country sure now every unemployed American magically wants to clean houses, mow lawns, and landscape.

Im in no favor for illegal immigration, heck in fact I support coming into this country harder, more than just learning English and being able to fill in paperwork, but it seems nowadays that people want someone to blame for their own shortcomings, if you are unemployed in the first place ask yourselves why instead of blaming others for taking jobs you could have. Instead of sitting all day on your computers and blaming people how about you take action in this representative democracy we live in. Elect officials who will actually take a stand against corruption in the private sector, this is where you should have started, then you remove the illegals.

You people's attitude in this thread is depressing, one step away from facist dictatorship.......Yeah lets blame the Jews thats why we are in this depression, lets send them away to camps and they can work there, I mean cmon' they're just sub-humans.

[edit on 6/10/2010 by MustNotSpeak]

[edit on 6/10/2010 by MustNotSpeak]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

I suspect it's Chinese culture.

You see over there in China for quite a good long while Fathers would toss their new born doughter into a river for being born a girl.

Today with the increase of population both Baby boys and girls are tossed onto rivers, even by hospitals.

Link

Women in China are very used to feeling ashamed for being a woman, men really do treat them like crap over there. So it's not a small leap to being ashamed by your own people coming to America illegaly.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith

I suspect it's Chinese culture.

You see over there in China for quite a good long while Fathers would toss their new born doughter into a river for being born a girl.

Today with the increase of population both Baby boys and girls are tossed onto rivers, even by hospitals.

Link

Women in China are very used to feeling ashamed for being a woman, men really do treat them like crap over there. So it's not a small leap to being ashamed by your own people coming to America illegally.

I can see you didn't read your own link. The babies were already dead, Two mortuary workers were reported to have been detained. It is not known how many of the babies were girls or boys and what the motive for dumping the bodies was. Try Reading Your On Links when you at attempting to SLAM another persons country.

Another thing you know absolutely nothing about is the treatment of the Chinese woman.
Actually they are SPOILED, there are so few women in China that they have their pick of the best husbands and providers for their family.
Another thing you don't know, Chinese women are usually highly educated with at list one 4 year degree in their hands before they decide to get married.

In a recent study said that in some areas the male-female ratio was as high as 130 males for every 100 females, a report by the Mirror Evening newspaper said.
Normal male-female ratio at between 103-107 males for every 100 females. But in 2005, the last year for which data were made available, there were 119 boys for every 100 girls, the newspaper said.
The skewed birth ratio could lead to difficulties for men with lower incomes in finding spouses, as well as a widening age gap between partners.

Get a Grip, These women are Treated Like Gold and Worth Every Once.
If your wife is ashamed of something, it is because of her family values.

Begin Quote: "Women in China are very used to feeling ashamed for being a woman, men really do treat them like crap over there. So it's not a small leap to being ashamed by your own people coming to America illegally". [/End Quote]

You need to learn about the culture you are trying to belittle.
Edited to add: You need a little self-respect to be ashamed of your people coming into another Country illegally.
But then like I said, You need self-respect.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
hmm this is interesting. does this mean white middle class americans will have to clean their own toilets and do their own gardening? and all the other dirty jobs nobody else wants to do?

Coming from Australia we dont have a hispanic illegal invasion. but we have our own asian illegal invasion. they serve a purpose in moderation.

I'd wish they would come to texas. I love asian women.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
hmm this is interesting. does this mean white middle class americans will have to clean their own toilets and do their own gardening? and all the other dirty jobs nobody else wants to do?

Coming from Australia we dont have a hispanic illegal invasion. but we have our own asian illegal invasion. they serve a purpose in moderation.

I'd wish they would come to texas. I love asian women.

I Love'em too.
But then, I'm married to one.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Mexicans are morons. It could be the average 6th grade education they receive, or maybe something in the water .. but the level of intelligence is seriously in poor shape.

Not all Mexicans are morons, as I'm guessing that not all Americans are obese pieces of lard.

You shouldn't be making general statements.

(there's fat people and morons in EVERY country). Right?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by thomas_

Latin America is huge, and there are lots of other languages being used there. So not all Latinos speak Spanish and not all of the them look like Mexicans.

It's just ignorant to think otherwise.

Just to add that not all Mexicans look like the classic brown-skinned version.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I can see you didn't read your own link. The babies were already dead, Two mortuary workers were reported to have been detained. It is not known how many of the babies were girls or boys and what the motive for dumping the bodies was. Try Reading Your On Links when you at attempting to SLAM another persons country.

I did read the link, Babies are still babies even if their dead before they get tossed into the river.

Slam another persons country? Why because I mention Chinese culture?

It's Chinese culture Man, Babies have been tossed in rivers in china since along time ago man. In the past it was mostly little girl being sold in the street in the hops of being able to have a boy. Once the communist one child policy came into place it was very, very common in China to toss your new born doughter into the river or dispose of her by other means in the hope of having a little boy.

Another thing you know absolutely nothing about is the treatment of the Chinese woman.
Actually they are SPOILED, there are so few women in China that they have their pick of the best husbands and providers for their family.
Another thing you don't know, Chinese women are usually highly educated with at list one 4 year degree in their hands before they decide to get married.

Well yeah, I man now Chinese men in china are so tired of masturbating that they have finally started treating a lady like they should. Necessity broke the culture of treating women as a lesser being in china.

In a recent study said that in some areas the male-female ratio was as high as 130 males for every 100 females, a report by the Mirror Evening newspaper said.
Normal male-female ratio at between 103-107 males for every 100 females. But in 2005, the last year for which data were made available, there were 119 boys for every 100 girls, the newspaper said.
The skewed birth ratio could lead to difficulties for men with lower incomes in finding spouses, as well as a widening age gap between partners.

A 1/1 ratio of men and women in China!!!! Don't you know how incredibly unnatural that is?

There is no way in hell China ended up with a 1/1 ratio by an act of god dude...

It took a lot of tiny baby girls tossed in rivers or smothered over many, many years in order to get 1,324,655,000 people to a 1/1 ratio of men and women.

But now that Chinese men have figured out that if you eradicate women you end up with rosy palm or a dudes anus things are slowly starting to change.

Get a Grip, These women are Treated Like Gold and Worth Every Once.

Yeah true now they are in a final act of desperation.

And every girl that jumps off a factory for being worked 16 hours a day 6 days a week for what ever crumbs they toss them is truly a huge loss to china.

Work-related suicides due to indifference, Hong Kong trade union leader says

If your wife is ashamed of something, it is because of her family values.

That's exactly what i said....it's the Chinese culture.

You need to learn about the culture you are trying to belittle.
Edited to add: You need a little self-respect to be ashamed of your people coming into another Country illegally.
But then like I said, You need self-respect.

You Sir, need to learn Chinese Culture....

Here is a truly remarkable and great movie classic from china called the "King of Masks".

Link About Movie

And here is the part one on YouTube, you guys can click to see the rest. this movie is a masterpiece but I'm showing it because it shows the culture I'm talking about.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by guohua

Thanks for replying guys, and thanks for the support. I really am glad that you acknowledged my words and my stance on this issue.

I know I shouldn't feel ashamed, but I always will a little bit. I'm glad I know a second language because of it (Spanish obviously, which I refuse to use outside of my home), but that's about it. Like I said before, I would have preferred to have been full Spanish, but at least I have a part of it in me.

Sorry for getting angry in my posts there. I'm usually a pretty laid-back guy.
It's just that Rocketpuck's comments ticked me off. Speaking of which, he didn't reply to me at all, did he? I also posted something on that "I have become a racist." thread a while ago, but the OP didn't reply to me either. I posted my feelings there as well, but I guess they don't like them or would just rather ignore me, but oh well.

Oh, I just re-read your post there, guohua. I'm actually not from Arizona. I meant that I was standing next to Arizona, you know, supporting it. Sorry for wording that wrong, lol.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
how did the thread slowly transitioned into Chinese women argument and people jumping of the factories for being overworked.. let's stay on the topic.

I am an Alaskan, and moved to LA in 2009, June, in the search of a job, since the economy is in the such a bad shape, i also couldn't find a job in LA! and I have process technology degree in one of the best oil/gas related industry universities in the WORLD!

So here, me, 23 year old graduate with a degree who can't find a job , moves to LA, I saved up a lot money, rented a place, in a good neighborhood luckily. Then I was quite shocked of how bad it is in LA! there is unemployment of 20%!! no kidding, and the areas where illegals mostly live is dirty, sidewalks pissed on, garbage everywhere, they are making LA! like a Mexico!!! It is not safe to go out at night in some neighborhoods, there are no jobs at all, I saw illegals working in the subway on the promenade, these people can't speak English well whatsoever.

The managers who hire them are mexicans but legal ones! and they don't care if these people illegal or not.. this way they create this work community group where if a white person tries to apply for a job, he won't get it, because mexican managers at these places, would rather hire someone who speaks spanish and is illegal!
Illegal hispanics need to learn how to adopt! and transition themselves into American culture!

I am an immigrant myself from Ukraine, moved to Alaska when was 14 year old. and guess what, when I orally speak english, you can't even pick up my accent, but these guys been here longer than I was! and they still cannot practically speak english clearly + they don't respect the American way of LIFE!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Unown

Thanks for replying guys, and thanks for the support. I really am glad that you acknowledged my words and my stance on this issue.

I know I shouldn't feel ashamed, but I always will a little bit. I'm glad I know a second language because of it (Spanish obviously, which I refuse to use outside of my home), but that's about it. Like I said before, I would have preferred to have been full Spanish, but at least I have a part of it in me.

Sorry for getting angry in my posts there. I'm usually a pretty laid-back guy. It's just that Rocketpuck's comments ticked me off. Speaking of which, he didn't reply to me at all, did he? I also posted something on that "I have become a racist." thread a while ago, but the OP didn't reply to me either. I posted my feelings there as well, but I guess they don't like them or would just rather ignore me, but oh well.

Oh, I just re-read your post there, guohua. I'm actually not from Arizona. I meant that I was standing next to Arizona, you know, supporting it. Sorry for wording that wrong, lol.

Be happy with what ever it is your are, If you are an American be proud of that and forget the rest. Pay no attention about what people say about Mexican, illegals or Mexico it's not a part of who you are so don't mix yourself up with it.

Rockpuck and that other guy were talking about Mexicans not you, so don't let it bother you.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Izarith]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
[edit on 11-6-2010 by Izarith]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by magestyk7

Originally posted by Portugoal
reply to post by magestyk7

Latinos= Latin= from Roman Empire= from Europe! Get it straight. Latinos have white in them. Basic history.

Basic History huh.

You tell any LATINO that they have white in them and they will beat your ass.

Its like telling a white person that their ancestors were originally from Middle East/Africa since the oldest remains were found there and Civilization originated from there. Whites dont care about that for some reason they have this superiority complex that they think they came up all by themselves and STARTED ALL.

Hey A** HAT! I happen to be latino AND white! Most of my family in Colombia, who are born and raised ARE WHITE too! If you bother to travel to any southamerican countries OTHER than stinkin Mexico, then you'd know that ethnicity and skin are just as varied in southamerica as it is in the U.S. but hey... don't let those pesky facts get in your way.

At first, I never really understood why so many colombians hated mexico, not just here in the U.S. but in colombia as well... now I'm starting to understand why. You arrogant pr**s like to talk s**t a lot and then claim you speak for all of us latinos when in reality, you're all full of s**t!

Do everyone a favor and shut your trap before you continue spewing your ignorant vitriol about all the latino people. If you talked your racist crap in colombia, it'd be YOU, not "the white man" that would be getting his a** kicked.

Oh, and guess what? The other poster is RIGHT, latinos DO have WHITE in us because of the conquistadors from Spain, this is something EVERY colombian child has been taught. What kind of history do they teach in Mexico? Fairy tales?

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Hitemhard]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
It's kind of funny because the Left came up with the term "Hispanic" so they could create a new group of people to pander to. Remember, they are no longer called "illegal immigrants." the new term is "undocumented Democrats."

Let's call it what it is: an un-armed invasion, which the Constitution clearly says should be repelled by our military.

Oh.... being Mexican is not a racial issue. They are not a "race" but an "ethnic group."

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Austin Texas is the Progressive hub of the state. Most Texans I talk to hold Austin with a sort of contempt.. Every state has to have their weak spots I guess.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join