It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hispanics flee Arizona ahead of immigration law

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Wow, what a crappy cop out. Look at the numbers. When 82% of a country speaks one language, I don't think you need a label to define anything. i think you know what I was trying to say, but if you're trying to break my coconuts over the "official language" of the United States, then I'm not going to sit here and dignify you with a response. You wanna defend the illegals and look like the most PC person here? Cheers. When you head on back to the real world, look me up and I'll gladly go to town on this debate with you...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Being from San Jose I resent that America thinks the average California citizen doesn't support this bill. Just so you're aware we are home to one of the biggest Tea Party movements in the country.

I realize the BS the general media spews, that you obviously choose to believe, would like everyone to believe that we are all opponents to this bill. THE TRUTH is that 9 out of ten people here are absolutely behind it and can't wait to get this on the ballot here.

The real opponents to this law are the completely corrupted pandering politicians like Pelosey and Boxer who in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM represent anything but there own corrupt agenda and especially don't represent me or anyone I know.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by antonia

"They took our jobs"! Oh really? You were entitled to those jobs?

Actually yes.. as an American I am entitled to an American job before an Alien is permitted to work. In Europe it's even stronger, outside of the EU an employer must prove beyond a doubt that they tried every way possible to hire a EU citizen before they are even allowed to attempt to hire an Alien. The reason? EU Residents are entitled to all EU jobs before internationals. Same in the US. In Mexico it's almost impossible to get a job if you were not BORN in the country. They have some of the toughest immigration laws.

I know it's hard for a Progressive like you to understand, but all American jobs are rightfully AMERICAN first.

And it's not about "making things better" (though some areas will see reduced crime, and almost all areas will see lower operating costs for social services) .. It's about kicking criminals out of the country. Again, I don't expect you to understand.. Progressives make it their mission to destroy the borders of the country.

Right....

I truly believe you on this one Rockpuck, but tell me.

How the hell does you being an American and being entitled to a job before an illegal...yet not being chosen as such by the employer fall on the fault of the Mexican?

I need some Masonic wisdom on this one bud.....

Obviously since your the only Mason on this thread all the other Masons are channeling their thought psychokinetically to you as representative of the global Masonic view of the immigration law in Arizona.

Pretty please with a Cherry on top.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Well it is bad that the legals people are leaving. I think that it indicates a climate of fear that the hispanics are under not to mention the fact that there are so many guns and lunatics together in that area of the USA. The legals fear that they might be shot by some idiot.

I am also informed that white Americans from that area can also be criminals.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

I dont think Antonia is just "progressive." I think she has another more personal reason for being against the kicking illegals out of the country. At least that is what I have gathered from other threads.

I'm not illegal, I'm not married to an illegal, My relatives are not illegals (Grandma Antonia is a citizen now). Thanks but try again. I think something should be done, but I'm not part of the "Kick everyone out " crowd.

And what specifically do you base your opinion that protectionism wont work on? Its worked before, it was used to help pull us out of the last economic collapse. Prices may well go up to some degree, but there is a point where it is counter productive to raise prices. Pricing is not so simple as you are making it out to be, so if you have some more elaborate understanding, please, share it. I suspect, personally, that you are just repeating stuff you have picked up from various media commentaries, and you really DONT understand the ins and outs of pricing.

You assume I know nothing because I disagree with you. I have taken Macro and Microeconomics, read many books on the subject and worked in business. Pricing works on supply and demand for the most part. Low Supply, High demand= High Prices etc. We are practicing protectionism now with steel. There is a tariff on imported steel. Jobs have not returned to the American Steel industry. There is also a tariff on imported tires. What was the reaction? The price of tires went up and imported tires are still cheaper. No new jobs were made in america because of that tariff. Historically, prices always go up when you institute a tariff. In order to make a tariff work there must be some American company making the stuff. Most of the things we use are i,ported, clothes, electronics, etc. All the companies will do is raise the prices. When transport costs go up they raise the price, when taxes go up they raise the price. They always pass the cost on, this is historical fact.

And the export of jobs is part of the problem. And the fact that the jobs began exiting before the flood of immigrants began is beside the point. When some companies move their manufacturing overseas to take advantage of cheap labor, (those who can afford to do that, big companies) you DO instantly create a demand for third world labor in this country, because the smaller companies that cant move their production elsewhere need to have a local source of cheap labor. This local source of cheap labor then drives ALL the price of labor down, (supply and demand), further undermining the economy in general.

I didn't say the export of these jobs wasn't an issue. I'm stating kicking all the illegals out isn't going to fix that problem. perhaps you should look at why the jobs are being exported in the first place. It's not because of illegals.

Which is to be expected when what you are really trying to do is make the facts illustrate your point rather than letting the facts speak for themselves.

And you think I couldn't say the same about you?

[edit on 10-6-2010 by antonia]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Why Isn't Missouri Reviled Like Arizona?

Missouri is the "Show Me" state . . . or is it the "Show Me Your Papers" state?

From Missouri's "Ozarks Sentinel" . . .
Missouri Ahead of the Game in Dealing with Illegal Immigrants
Editor's Note: The following appeared in our May 13 issue and is written by State Representative Nita Jane Ayres
We’re down to one week to go in the legislative session and bills are moving through the process at a remarkable pace. My goal is to keep you updated on all the pieces of legislation that may be of interest to you and your family. In the coming weeks, I hope to do that. However, this week I want to talk about an issue that Missouri has already addressed in a variety of ways – the issue of illegal immigration. I’m sure you’ve seen the headlines about Arizona’s new law aimed at dealing with those who enter our country illegally. It has been called the strictest immigration law in generations. While Missouri hasn’t gone to the same lengths as Arizona, our state has made significant policy changes that effectively deal with illegal immigrants who enter our state. Because of those changes, Missouri is ahead of the game when compared to many other states that are now dealing with this issue.
In 2007, the Missouri General Assembly approved HJR 7 to place on the ballot a proposed constitutional amendment designating English as the official language of Missouri. Voters then went to the polls and approved the measure with nearly 90 percent voting in favor. With that, English became the official language for all governmental proceedings in Missouri. It also means no individual has the right to demand government services in a language other than English. A common language is the cornerstone of a cohesive and united state and country. Ensuring that English is our official language is simply common sense.

Another measure that directly addresses the issue of illegal immigration was passed in 2008. HB 1549 requires our Highway Patrol and other law enforcement officials to verify the immigration status of any person arrested, and inform federal authorities if the person is found to be here illegally. It also allows Missouri law enforcement officers to receive training to enforce federal immigration laws. Furthermore, the bill makes it clear that illegal immigrants will not have access to taxpayer benefits such as food stamps and health care through MO HealthNet. With the passage of this legislation, Missouri sent a clear message that illegal immigrants are not welcome in our state, and that they are certainly not welcome to receive public benefits at the cost of Missouri taxpayers.
2009 saw another significant piece of legislation passed dealing with illegal immigration. HB 390 ensures Missouri’s public institutions of higher education do not award financial aid to individuals who are here illegally. The law also requires all postsecondary institutions of higher education to annually certify to the Missouri Department of Higher Education that they have not knowingly awarded financial aid to students who are unlawfully present in the United States. The bill represents another common sense approach to the issue as it ensures taxpayer dollars are not used to subsidize the education of someone who is in our country illegally.
So while Arizona has made national news for its new law, it’s important to remember Missouri has been proactive in addressing this growing problem. The laws we have on the books help ensure the rights and benefits of Missourians are preserved for actual Missouri citizens. It’s also important to remember that this country has always opened its arms to immigrants, which is why our nation is often referred to as the great melting pot. Immigrants from all parts of the world have helped make our country what it is today. However, our doors are not open to those who try to live in our country illegally. I believe Missouri’s laws make that very clear and give our law enforcement officials the authority they need to deal with the problem.
Thanks again for allowing me to represent you in the state capitol. Feel free to contact me with your concerns, suggestions and ideas. My office phone is 573-751-2492. Email address: [email protected] Or write to: State Representative Nita Jane Ayres, House Post Office, State Source: Capitol, Room 233-A, Jefferson City, MO 65101
© Copyright 2010 The Ozarks Sentinel.
The Ozarks Sentinel Publishing, LLC • P.O. Box 3 • Kimberling City • MO • 65686 • Phone: 417-739-1101 • Toll Free 866-877-5262 • Fax: 866-433-8231
All contents ©2010 by The Ozarks Sentinel Publishing, LLC. No portion of this website may be used without written consent of the company.

WAY TO GO MISSOURI!
MOD: I'm not trying to derail thread, just pointing something out.
I'm from Arizona and I support our Law and Everyone who has read any of my post know this to be true. Not a Racist. A realist.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by theWolfInsideMe

Amen baby - I was born and raised in California, grew up with Mexicans, speak/read/write good Spanish (my accent is so good that blind Mexicans think I'm Mexican - though I can't roll my "r"s like in "tele-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-radio" but you hardly ever have to, really) ...and I support such anti-illegal-immigration stylings oh-so-much and hell-yes...

Of course I do live in Utah now, but, who doesn't...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
Be nice to be able to find a part time job, and not have to know frikking Spanish just to be ABLE to get a job (no habla, no workie). I can barely get thru English most of the time! Learning another language is a horrible struggle for me. Also nice to not have to wade past people who are here illegally and can get jobs, money, fancy cars, drive, get away with crimes....

Anyone here legally- have at it. I have no problem with you (unless you're a jerk, then, my problem is ONLY with you, not your race.)

do you know why these people have these expensive and have jobs? it's because they work hard, and because they go out and look for a job.Hispanics make what america is now, without them you'll see that america is nothing much. Don't you think that at least hispanics go out and find a job instead of being like the white people who beg for money in the street for free? You sound as if hispanics are the only ones who commit crimes when in all truth you should be looking at every race.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstar02
reply to post by antonia

Wow, what a crappy cop out. Look at the numbers. When 82% of a country speaks one language, I don't think you need a label to define anything. i think you know what I was trying to say, but if you're trying to break my coconuts over the "official language" of the United States, then I'm not going to sit here and dignify you with a response. You wanna defend the illegals and look like the most PC person here? Cheers. When you head on back to the real world, look me up and I'll gladly go to town on this debate with you...

It wouldn't be a debate. It would a one-sided argument with you screaming "you are wrong". My point is that you need to stop blaming your problems on others. If a company wants someone to speak Spanish it is their right to demand it. If you want the job learn the language or go elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by theWolfInsideMe
reply to post by Retseh

Being from San Jose I resent that America thinks the average California citizen doesn't support this bill. Just so you're aware we are home to one of the biggest Tea Party movements in the country.

I realize the BS the general media spews, that you obviously choose to believe, would like everyone to believe that we are all opponents to this bill. THE TRUTH is that 9 out of ten people here are absolutely behind it and can't wait to get this on the ballot here.

The real opponents to this law are the completely corrupted pandering politicians like Pelosey and Boxer who in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM represent anything but there own corrupt agenda and especially don't represent me or anyone I know.

GO SHARKS!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Please remember, these Illegals were also Chinese, Japanese, Irish and other, not just Mexicans.

Three Presidents did it, yet we never hear about it

I FOUND THIS TO BE VERY INTERESTING. I WONDER WHY IT WAS NEVER BROUGHT UP.
What did Hoover, Truman, and Eisenhower have in common?

Here is something that should be of great interest for you to pass around.
I didn't know of this until it was pointed out to me.

Back during The Great Depression, President Herbert Hoover ordered the
deportation of ALL illegal aliens in order to make jobs available to American
citizens that desperately needed work..

Harry Truman deported over two million Illegal's after WWII to create jobs for returning veterans.

And then again in 1954, President Dwight Eisenhower deported 13 million
Mexican Nationals! The program was called 'Operation Wetback'. It was
done so WWII and Korean Veterans would have a better chance at jobs.
It took 2 Years, but they deported them!

Now...if they could deport the illegal's back then - they could sure do it today.

lf you have doubts about the veracity of this information, enter Operation
Wetback into your favorite search engine and confirm it for yourself..
Reminder:

Don't forget to pay your taxes...
12 million Illegal Aliens are depending on you!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bayside

It is a fact that immigrants work harder than the locals and often hold down several jobs. Sadly the old racials steroetypes that are still used against black people are being used against Mexicans.

The Arizona economy will still be shaky.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Yes, because that's what I do, I scream and yell and rant and cry until someone sympathizes with me. I don't have these problems. I have a job and a place to live and everything a normal American could want. If a company wants someone to speak Spanish for a position, THAT'S FINE. All I'm saying is I shouldn't have to speak spanish to live in this country. It should not be a job requisite unless otherwise mandated and I personally think you have an ulterior motive in the defense of illegal aliens. You're not from America are you?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

Why don't you go ahead and dig me up some facts that say Mexicans work harder than Americans? Just because they hold more than one job doesn't mean they work any harder than an American. That's a terribly general statement that is not only untrue, but promoting a further rift in this argument.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Aw comon!!!

That was a hypothetical!

Couldn't you Mods at least have waited till Rockpuck quoted it first!!!

I'm an artist, and that was a piece of art you just extinguished from existence. Art is not easy to make man, it takes a deep love of the craft to make this stuff up.

Jeez....

Arizona would not have even had don't that. Illegals leaving Arizona is one the, teaching a McMason to fish will feed him for the rest of his life...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstar02
reply to post by antonia

All I'm saying is I shouldn't have to speak spanish to live in this country. It should not be a job requisite unless otherwise mandated and I personally think you have an ulterior motive in the defense of illegal aliens. You're not from America are you?

You don't have to speak Spanish to live in this country. How was I defending Illegal Aliens? Simply disagreeing with you doesn't mean I somehow aid illegals. I'm simply stating your problems will not evaporate when they are gone. You may find this country has a whole different set of problems when they are gone. I live in the U.S. and was born here. I do not display my location because I am one of about 150 people with my first name in the state I live in. It would be far too easy to find me.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Team Locke
Arizona for the win, pals. Hey if you are here illegally then you are breaking the law. End of.

If you want to see harsh laws... check out how Mexico deals with illegals. Oh, it's ok for Mexico to not want illegals but not ok for the USA?

double standard =

Arizona is gonna show California how to balance up a state budget, pals.. stay tuned.

it is also funny how america (wich euros came and acted like it was theirs) goes to hispanic land for their spring breaks to have fun? but hispanics can't come over here? i say we all stay in our own land and see how america goes down.It's also funny how you guys cry about jobs that we take but you don't want? it's called being greedy, that is a sin my friends.Maybe america should be truthful in what they do to other countries instead of brainwashing and making them believe war and other related topics is the right thing to do when america is the biggest bullie and greedy place in the world?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I have noticed the massive amounts of Arizona license plates on the freeways around Los Angeles, and the cars are packed to the gills with luggage. Congrats Arizona.

Also, remember that there are still good people in California, and not all of us are commie scum.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

How the hell does you being an American and being entitled to a job before an illegal...yet not being chosen as such by the employer fall on the fault of the Mexican?

Generally it doesn't.. that's why Illegals are deported, not fined and cast into jail for being here. Just deported and told not to come back. Business owners face huge fines per illegal they employ, can have charters revoked, be imprisoned and so forth -- that's the way it should be, and that's the way it is. The problem arises when Corporations, much larger than a simple family owned dairy farm, pay Congress and influence them to support illegal immigration for the hopes of cheap labor. This is the case with both parties, a corporate coup against America. I don't blame Illegals for coming here.. when I look at their countries I pity what they come from.. and I personally support allowing more legal immigrants. I will never, ever support open borders or illegal immigration, regardless if they are "trying for a better life" or not.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join