It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Obama doesn't dare become the 'angry black man'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Who would have ever expected some white Americans to demand that an African-American man show more rage?

If you've followed the Gulf of Mexico oil disaster, you've heard the complaints that Obama isn't showing enough emotion.

But scholars say Obama's critics ignore a lesson from American history: Many white Americans don't like angry black men.

It's the lesson Obama absorbed from his upbringing, and from an impromptu remark he delivered last summer. Yet it's a lesson he may now have to jettison, they say, as public outrage spreads.

"Folks are waiting for a Samuel Jackson 'Snakes on the Plane' moment from this president as in: 'We gotta' get this $#@!!* oil back in the $#!!* rig!' But that's just not who Obama is,'' says Saladin Ambar, a political science professor at Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.

This is probably the single most racist article I have ever seen on CNN..

I have not seen or heard practically ANYTHING being mentioned by ANYONE "oh well the black man can't clean the oil spill" or anything with race injected into it. The fact that they EXPECT whites to scream racist indignities at the Presidents every move is proof enough of the Administrations and CNN's deep seeded racism. I seriously hope Obama has not been toning down his rhetoric on the countries most severe environmental disaster for fear of being seen as "an angry black man".

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

This is probably the single most racist article I have ever seen on CNN..

I have not seen or heard practically ANYTHING being mentioned by ANYONE "oh well the black man can't clean the oil spill" or anything with race injected into it. The fact that they EXPECT whites to scream racist indignities at the Presidents every move is proof enough of the Administrations and CNN's deep seeded racism. I seriously hope Obama has not been toning down his rhetoric on the countries most severe environmental disaster for fear of being seen as "an angry black man".

Is this satire or a joke? "Practically anything" huh? How many times HAVE you heard it? Apparently, 1 is enough to justify the article.

Ive been hoping for more people to hate on mexicans or jews, im sick of all the white on black hate in this country, after obama got elected, I thought white suburbians were about to grab their rifles and start a race war.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Folks are waiting for a Samuel Jackson 'Snakes on the Plane' moment from this president as in: 'We gotta' get this $#@!!* oil back in the $#!!* rig!' But that's just not who Obama is,'' says Saladin Ambar, a political science professor at Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.

Then why dont we just vote in Samuel Jackson, then??? At least SOMETHING would get done, and Congress would find themselves needing medical attention if they p*@&@ed him off.

Is not too much to ask for a president with a brass set? Or is it much easier for whoever is *really* running stuff to have a mushball in office?

[edit on 9-6-2010 by wylekat]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
After reading the calls by obama's hollywood supporters that he show his rage over the oil spill, I was pleased to note the White House press release that soon followed, saying obama was now "furious".

You can just imagine the memo from the WH press secretary Gibbs to his staff: "Until further notice, the president is now furious about the oil leak. Please include in all current press releases".

Well, don't you all feel better now about the oil disaster in the Gulf knowing that?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

You know I read this article on CNN earlier today and I thought the same thing. Why is CNN trying to turn the gulf oil spill into a race issue? What does Obama's race have to do with any of this. CNN is such a joke.

Who would have ever expected some white Americans to demand that an African-American man show more rage?

White people are not demanding that an "African-American" man show more rage. They are demanding that OUR PRESIDENT show more rage. It has nothing to do with race!!!!

I am sick and tired of the stupid media in this country trying to make everything into a race issue.

But scholars say Obama's critics ignore a lesson from American history: Many white Americans don't like angry black men.

What a stupid article. What was it written in 1969? CNN sucks..
www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat

Folks are waiting for a Samuel Jackson 'Snakes on the Plane' moment from this president as in: 'We gotta' get this $#@!!* oil back in the $#!!* rig!' But that's just not who Obama is,'' says Saladin Ambar, a political science professor at Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.

Then why dont we just vote in Samuel Jackson, then??? At least SOMETHING would get done, and Congress would find themselves needing medical attention if they p*@&@ed him off.

Is not too much to ask for a president with a brass set? Or is it much easier for whoever is *really* running stuff to have a mushball in office?

Ah Ha !
Took the words right out of my mouth.
Although I will say, the msm position as of late is akin to schoolyard circle pushing to get a fight started.
I have been coming across alot of little things, interesting things, that all tie in together.
The 'mushball' will ALWAYS do as told, dont forget he owes others for his climb, so he'll have to overlook some crimes.

federalism.typepad.com...

preview.bloomberg.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead

What a stupid article. What was it written in 1969? CNN sucks..
www.cnn.com...

CNN can suck a golfball through a garden hose, and dont forget,
theyre Not alone.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

The bit about "white people don't like angry black men" really had me confused. I've met some racist people in my time, but I've never met someone that designated their racism based on emotional expression of the individual in question. Have you ever heard someone say "man I hate angry black people.. black people are cool.. but when they get angry, zomg, i hates em!"

No .. I have not either. Usually someone that doesn't like "angry black men" .... generally just doesn't like black people.

The article is a sad, pathetic, desperate attempt to stem anger away from the Presidents pathetic handling of the crisis by saying if you're mad at the President...... you're a racist.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I think Obama should have had all the BP executives in his office, with film crews and keep them there until they had answers and a proper way forward.

A public forum of sorts.

I think the article is ridiculous, but then again CNN did hire Lou Dobbs so they aren't afraid of pulling out the race card when the ratings are down.

As one anchor whose already left stated:

I'm out of this ratings dumpster

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I'm not at all surprised that Obama can't show rage. H's a wimpy liberal who needs to chastise a major campaign donor, and we all know that is impossible.

Plus, Big Mama Michelle Obama wears the pants in that house, and if there is any rage to be shown, she'll show it, thank you.

Being black has nothing to do with it. It's a matter of having a set, which Barry doesn't.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Apparently I don't like "angry black men"? I'm glad someone told me. Before I wouldn't have ever cared.

How should I feel that I didn't like Bush or Obama? I mean, it's literally impossible to dislike them BOTH right? I mean, ONE IS RED AND ONE IS BLUE, right!?! I don't see the puppet master controlling both! Am I racist against whites like Bush because I criticized him as a president (and note MUCH worse than I have criticized inept Obama). I'm so confused. Someone please ask CNN or Fox News to tell me whether I am a racist, a bigot, or what.

I mean, I actually don't know what race I am, nor do I care. I have taken to answering "Other" on any forms that ask me that (what a stupid question to ask). Aren't we all pretty much mixed by now? I get called white because my skin color is more white than black, but I'm also kinda reddish skin toned. I don't know, I'm so confused. I wish the MSM would tell me who I am and what to like/hate. Please help me.

EDIT - I will give credit, the Obama administration really did push the race card to the extreme while running for his presidency. It was to the point if I heard ONE simple gripe about him, you were labelled a racist. It's mindblowing that those kind of tactics actually work nowadays, but the fear of being labelled a racist, even if/when you know you aren't, is alive and well.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by TheFinalTruth14]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I think he(obama) knows that he is not in a position of absolute power really and is just the actor.

If bush was there too he would be the same.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

But Bush would look much more inept in the process, stumbling over speeches and whatnot.

The problem is these guys are in the pockets of BP, period. That explains it. Bush, Obama, it is completely and utterly pointless to even argue the two, they're the exact same. Obama is just a better actor and he gets to play the race card, while Bush is an old grumpy white dude that no one likes.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Have you guys heard about that evil drug marihuana?

Apparently it give negroes the audacity to step on our shadows, and has been know to fool our women into bedding with the savages....

CNN is a joke, the title of this article should be more than enough to bring the whole sh--ty, stupid, mind-controling empire down.

"the most trusted name in news"

[edit on 9-6-2010 by alaskan]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

I've complained about CNN a lot, I prefer it over Fox and way over MSNBC .. but these racist articles just flood their news site.. every day some new story about the pains and sufferings of black people.. I actually one day looked up the major stock holders in the company and it's board, ceo, etc.. no blacks, so I have no idea where all this racist crap comes from.

Either way, I officially am not using CNN as my news source.. I'll use Bloomberg and Reuters. Sad thing is, no one can call these racist out for being racist, because if you do .... you're a racist!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I just sent a message to CNN complaining, but I'd love to find Mr. Blake's email address. Couldn't find it with some quick searches and I realize it isn't worth my time, but the 800-or so characters I was given to voice my displeasure was not enough.

I would be ashamed if I was him. I can't imagine he has any true friends that are white, because I wouldn't be able to look them in the eye after writing that POS excuse for journalism. One of my lines was that "an unknowing black person would be justified in disliking whites after reading that article", and talk about misinformation and spreading hate. Ugh, disgusting.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat

Nah, man. Samuel Jackson as the POTUS would only scream his head off until he gave himself a heart attack. Nothing gets done in Washington quickly unless there is a benefit to the Congressmen who pull the strings.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I don't know about you but when I hang out with all my whitey friends we are always talking about how cool we think black guys are until they get angry. We just can't stand them when they get all uppity like that.

I just can't get over how bad this article is. It has to be one of the biggest pieces of crap I have ever read on a so called news site.

top topics

join